Holy crap, did anyone see ESPN News?

Guest JimH

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pod is a good player but in my opinion he is not a lead-off hitter unless he can get his obp up to about .340-.350. I would actually prefer a lead-off hitter to have a better obp but he does not need one as high because he is so dangerous with his speed, unlike willie. They are both numbe nine hitters until proven otherwise imo.

Pod is a good player but in my opinion he is not a lead-off hitter unless he can get his obp up to about .340-.350. I would actually prefer a lead-off hitter to have a better obp but he does not need one as high because he is so dangerous with his speed, unlike willie. They are both numbe nine hitters until proven otherwise imo.

His career OBP is .343.

i'd assume castillo would be leadoff and scott would be 2 or 9 in that trade situation.

Jaime Burke's a fluke too?

Even more so. Do you think he is really a .331 hitter? He is a career .279 hitter in the minors, and he first came up when he was thirty one. I am not saying he cannot be a decent back-up in the majors just nothing overally great.

Flukes happen, what can i tell you.

That's more of an aberration. Flukes don't happen over an entire year, when you hit over .300 in the major leagues you've got the skill to hit at least .275 easy in any other year. You guys are also seeming to forget that we're getting that throw in Luis Castillo in this "deal".

That's more of an aberration.  Flukes don't happen over an entire year, when you hit over .300 in the major leagues you've got the skill to hit at least .275 easy in any other year.  You guys are also seeming to forget that we're getting that throw in Luis Castillo in this "deal".

Apparently he does not have the skill to hit .275 in any other year since he is a .265 minor league hitter. 2003 was a fluke.

That's more of an aberration.  Flukes don't happen over an entire year, when you hit over .300 in the major leagues you've got the skill to hit at least .275 easy in any other year.  You guys are also seeming to forget that we're getting that throw in Luis Castillo in this "deal".

You seem to be forgetting that we could get Luis without Milwakee being invovled...

I mean the whole point is that they get Lee...they aren't getting anything from the Brewers...so just make it a 2 team trade.

Even more so. Do you think he is really a .331 hitter? He is a career .279 hitter in the minors, and he first came up when he was thirty one. I am not saying he cannot be a decent back-up in the majors just nothing overally great.

that's why i posted that. I don't think he is a fluke...but certainly not able to put up those types of numbers. maybe more of a .290 or so hitter is more reasonable for Jaime. He seemed to be more comfortable in the majors.

Who know's...maybe a change of scenary might do scott some good. Isn't that what everyone says? I think it might. He's coming to a better team...a hitters park...the American League?

His success was probably because no one knew who he was when he was a rookie, but they then figured him out the next year. Well he would basically be in the same situation in the American League. No one would know how he plays offensively....but this time he isn't a rookie he has two years of experience...A great year and a Bad year to learn from.

that's why i posted that.  I don't think he is a fluke...but certainly not able to put up those types of numbers.  maybe more of a .290 or so hitter is more reasonable for Jaime.  He seemed to be more comfortable in the majors. 

Who know's...maybe a change of scenary might do scott some good.  Isn't that what everyone says?  I think it might.  He's coming to a better team...a hitters park...the American League?

His success was probably because no one knew who he was when he was a rookie, but they then figured him out the next year.  Well he would basically be in the  same situation in the American League.  No one would know how he plays offensively....but this time he isn't a rookie he has two years of experience...A great year and a Bad year to learn from.

Are you saying burke would hit .290 over a full season? Because i think he would hit more in the .260 range honestly.

Are you saying burke would hit .290 over a full season? Because i think he would hit more in the .260 range honestly.

.270 something in the minors and .330 in the majors. split it up and you get .290 something. I think he would be in between the minors and the majors in performance...that's all.