Holy crap, did anyone see ESPN News?

Guest JimH

If Jim's friend heard it an hour before it was posted here, why would Rashid have posted it only 8 minutes before Jim?

Possible explanation is that Jim is friends with Rashid, and he simply emailed the rumor an hour before he posted it on whitesox.com. Time difference between posting the message on MLB and Soxtalk was coicidence.

Or Jim read the message board and made up this notion of a friend emailing him.

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know why so many are excited about getting rid of Lee

and Anderson for the names mentioned?

Can somebody explain what is so attractive about giving up those

2 studs?

Only thing I'm gonna comment on this is don't annoit Anderson a stun yet. WhiteSox.com may label him a stud and really talk him up but I don't buy into that.

Anderson has the tools, but he still has a lot of areas to improve upon and is not as close to the majors as some writers would lead you to believe, imo.

I doubt that is his friend, guys.

If I can set the stage for a minute here I will.

I know of a Rashid who goes to my school and is pretty psycho about sports, especially the White Sox.

I told him to go to a message board and speak his mind because he had some good thoughts in him.

He did just that.

I'm guessing its him because I suggested whitesox.com or whitesoxinteractive.com, not here, because I didn't want to worsen our credibility.

However.

I do believe Jim is a legit person on this and we can trust what he says.

Just thought I'd let you know that I may be right on who this is.

Now we know who to blame for this.

Or Jim read the message board and made up this notion of a friend emailing him.

I resent this implication.

I realize everyone is fair game on the internet but please do not attack my character, I take that very personally.

OK GUYS ... PLEASE RELAX ...

First, I am sorry I posted this.  I was asking for information, not posting it.  Please understand this.

I just heard from my friend, I have known him for 30 years, he would not BS me.

HERE IS WHAT HE SAID:

1.  He is not drinking tonite, first of all.

2.  He was out to dinner with a trusted business associate, not a schmuck, a solid citizen.

3.  The details were generated from FLORIDA SPORTS RADIO in the past couple of hours (big hole there).  He does not know which station.  The business associate does not go to message boards whatsoever and I believe that with 100% certainty.  If some clown from the official board posted this, he may have heard the same thing somehow, some way.

4.  This Florida station said their contacts have talked to Gammons OF ESPN NEWS (big difference from "reported on ESPN NEWS") and their contacts said Gammons is "privately" saying the Wright signing is done. 

5.  The RADIO STATION said the White Sox were zeroing in on Dye and also zeroing in on the 3 way as stated.

6.  My friend got this from a business associate who heard the discussion on Florida sports radio (again, I do not know which station).  That radio station has apparantly talked to Gammons.

7.  My friend has known this business associate for several years and has no reason to doubt him.

8.  If there is chain pulling going on, we (my friend and I) feel it would be the fact the guy heard it on sports radio.

TAKE THIS AS YOU WOULD A GEORGE OFFMAN ( the Score) REPORT OR SOMETHING SIMILAR. COULD BE TOTAL BS ... COULD HAVE SOME MERIT.

There are too many holes in it to get excited or depressed one way or the other.

I personally apologize for getting anyone's blood pressure up one way or the other.  I do believe (personally) there are TONS of trade conversations going on and as we all know there are TONS of media people speculating and trying to get some sort of scoop.   

I will reiterate that I started this thread asking for information vs. reporting anything I had personally heard.

Jim, I definitely believe you and I'm sure everyone else here does, you've earned the credibility no doubt about that. However, I will say you definitely got me excited and got my blood pressure up a bit. :P

First, I am sorry I posted this.  I was asking for information, not posting it.  Please understand this.

HERE IS WHAT HE SAID:

2.  He was out to dinner with a trusted business associate, not a schmuck, a solid citizen.

3.  The details were generated from FLORIDA SPORTS RADIO in the past couple of hours (big hole there).  He does not know which station.  The business associate does not go to message boards whatsoever and I believe that with 100% certainty.  If some clown from the official board posted this, he may have heard the same thing somehow, some way.

4.  This Florida station said their contacts have talked to Gammons OF ESPN NEWS (big difference from "reported on ESPN NEWS") and their contacts said Gammons is "privately" saying the Wright signing is done. 

5.  The RADIO STATION said the White Sox were zeroing in on Dye and also zeroing in on the 3 way as stated.

6.  My friend got this from a business associate who heard the discussion on Florida sports radio (again, I do not know which station).  That radio station has apparantly talked to Gammons.

7.  My friend has known this business associate for several years and has no reason to doubt him.

8.  If there is chain pulling going on, we (my friend and I) feel it would be the fact the guy heard it on sports radio.

TAKE THIS AS YOU WOULD A GEORGE OFFMAN ( the Score) REPORT OR SOMETHING SIMILAR. COULD BE TOTAL BS ... COULD HAVE SOME MERIT.

There are too many holes in it to get excited or depressed one way or the other.

I personally apologize for getting anyone's blood pressure up one way or the other.  I do believe (personally) there are TONS of trade conversations going on and as we all know there are TONS of media people speculating and trying to get some sort of scoop.   

I will reiterate that I started this thread asking for information vs. reporting anything I had personally heard.

what kind of friends do you hang out with?

I resent this implication.

I realize everyone is fair game on the internet but please do not attack my character, I take that very personally.

Jim, I'm simply examining the coincidence of this rumor. I gave two probable explanations. It's extreme, but how else do you explain Rasheed posting the same information 8 minutes before you?

HERE IS WHAT HE SAID:

Jim

Thanks for that explanation and thanks for posting this stuff. I think this all makes sense. I also could see the Score downplaying this cause I'm sure they talked with Kenny or someone else in the organization who downplayed it since the Sox are trying their darnest to stay quiet.

As far as the other two stories go, we'll have to wait and see I guess. Sounds like they are rumors (like you just said) and who knows what names would be mentioned.

I will say this, Lee going to Florida would make a hell of a lot of sense considering they could use a power hitter (of course I'd rather see Konerko go) and Anderson for Posednik also makes quite a bit of sense from the Brewers standpoint.

That gives the Sox a complete outfield with Posednik probably playing in LF, Dye in RF, and Rowand in CF.

The Sox rotation looks a whole lot better then the one at the start of last season and it leaves the Sox with one weakness offensively....catching, while giving the Sox an oustanding top of the order. The other weakness would be the pen.

Financially the Sox would be adding Wrights salary (5 million), Dye's (4 mill), Posednik's (400 K last year), and Castillo's (5 mill...estimate, don't know what it is for this upcoming year). Minus Lee's 8 million and the Sox are adding 6-8 million depending on the raises the players are due. Meaning they have plenty of room to address the bullpen.

Thats a total of 91 stolen bases being added to the Sox between Castillo and Posednik. Thats not accounting for the ones lost with Harris moving to the bench and of course Lee's steals.

The one thing the Sox lose is a really good 3 hole hitter, but at the same time with Posednik and Castillo the top of the order is settled and Rowand can move down in the lineup to a run producing slot while Dye would also be their was well, meaning catcher and Crede are the two major weaknesses. Plus you have Everett and Gload on the bench as well as Willie. Which I would say is a strong bench.

I'd really be excited if the Sox could work a way to get Mota and Castillo for Lee and then Posednik for Anderson would be fine (would rather give up less, but at teh same time, he does anything near what he did two years ago, mixed with his 70 steals of this season) and its more then worth it.

How about this people nothing has happeend so we dont believe. Until it happeends go back to doing whatever you were doing.

THANK YOU.

We'll have to see what happens.

I will not post anything I hear any more, I will let others do that.

I should not have come on this board and asked if anyone had heard anything, based on what I was emailed. Period. My mistake.

Again, we'll have to wait and see what happens. If anything.