Holy crap, did anyone see ESPN News?

Guest JimH

If he's not Jim that would be cool.

Because if he got it off here he would have copied and pasted what Jim put...

Hmmm...

The odd thing is... the rashid posted his first.

The email and the post are so similar that you can't help but think this guy saw this on whitesox.com and dropped Jim an e-mail... who knows.

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ya, who the hell is that Rashid guy? Is he legit???

I doubt that is his friend, guys.

If I can set the stage for a minute here I will.

I know of a Rashid who goes to my school and is pretty psycho about sports, especially the White Sox.

I told him to go to a message board and speak his mind because he had some good thoughts in him.

He did just that.

I'm guessing its him because I suggested whitesox.com or whitesoxinteractive.com, not here, because I didn't want to worsen our credibility.

However.

I do believe Jim is a legit person on this and we can trust what he says.

Just thought I'd let you know that I may be right on who this is.

Did anyone have ESPN News on in the last hour or so?

A buddy just emailed me the following:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Peter Gammons just reported on ESPN News that the Sox did sign J. Wright - 2 year 10M contract and mutual option for a third year.

They're close on two other deals - one brings Dye for a 2 year contract worth 8.5 million.

The other is a three way deal that would bring Luis Castillo to Chicago

Sox get:

Luis Castillo, 2B

Scott Posednik, CF

Milwaukee gets

Brian Anderson

Florida Prospect

Marlins get:

Carlos Lee

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do not know if it's true, my buddy just emailed me and said he saw it.

?????

Please tell me this is true. Haven't read any of the thread yet for confirmation, but OH MY this would be awesome.

I don't care for the trade, although it seems I'm in the minority. Ehich Podsednik are you going to get? Will he get on base more than last year? I don't think anyone has the answer to that. I do like that Castillo's SB % rebounded last year. I am not crazy about what we are giving up. I like the signings though were they to occur

No, my buddy's email came in to me about an hour ago ... I hadn't checked email in a few hours. And no, he does not frequent any message boards ... this one, the White Sox one ... any of them.

Still waiting for his return call, do not know when he'll get back to me.

Again, just commenting what was emailed me and asking if anyone had seen it.

I don't care for the trade, although it seems I'm in the minority. Ehich Podsednik are you going to get? Will he get on base more than last year? I don't think anyone has the answer to that. I do like that Castillo's SB % rebounded last year. I am not crazy about what we are giving up. I like the signings though were they to occur

I agree about podsednik his 2003 season was a fluke, he was never even that good of a hitter in his minor league career. No reason to believe he will suddenly get better in the majors.

No, my buddy's email came in to me about an hour ago ... I hadn't checked email in a few hours.  And no, he does not frequent any message boards ... this one, the White Sox one ... any of them.

Still waiting for his return call, do not know when he'll get back to me.

Again, just commenting what was emailed me and asking if anyone had seen it.

Wow, that's really odd that two people said they heard it on ESPN NEWS while others are saying ESPN NEWS had nothing... this is an odd evening.

Well read the thread. I can only hope it would be true. All the stuff seems reasonable. Lee and Anderson seems steep for Posednik and Castillo, but at the same time that gives the Sox a lethal 1-2 punch in the lineup and an outfield of Dye/Posednik/Rowand would be A-OK with me.

The Wright deal sounded fantastic too. The thing is, all of that stuff seems reasonable.

Man I hope we all just missed it. Hell, first off I am hoping for the Wright deal, but still this would be all happening really quickly.

Guys rashiid is a troll. For one go check cbssportsline everyday and bulls*** comes from his mouth everyday. On Wright did sign but we have talked to him. Second I believe podsednik is staying and same with castillo. Were looking trade Konerko not lee. I know everyone wishes but its b.s. from start. Rashiid is psyhco whitesox fan no source and everyday u cann see him at rumor at cbs sportsline message board.

Good night everybody

Well read the thread.  I can only hope it would be true.  All the stuff seems reasonable.  Lee and Anderson seems steep for Posednik and Castillo, but at the same time that gives the Sox a lethal 1-2 punch in the lineup and an outfield of Dye/Posednik/Rowand would be A-OK with me. 

The Wright deal sounded fantastic too.  The thing is, all of that stuff seems reasonable. 

Man I hope we all just missed it.  Hell, first off I am hoping for the Wright deal, but still this would be all happening really quickly.

In my opinion, Anderson is WAY too much for Podsednik.

Guys rashiid is a troll. For one go check cbssportsline everyday and bulls*** comes from his mouth everyday. On Wright did sign but we have talked to him. Second I believe podsednik is staying and same with castillo. Were looking trade Konerko not lee. I know everyone wishes but its b.s. from start. Rashiid is psyhco whitesox fan no source and everyday u cann see him at rumor at cbs sportsline message board.

Good night everybody

If he just posted random BS why would it be the exact same as somone credible?