Holy crap, did anyone see ESPN News?

Guest JimH

Jim asked if anyone had ESPNEWS on for the past hour because his buddy "just" e-mailed him the BS. Take a look at the original post
This is what Jim said,

No, my buddy's email came in to me about an hour ago ... I hadn't checked email in a few hours. And no, he does not frequent any message boards ... this one, the White Sox one ... any of them.

Still waiting for his return call, do not know when he'll get back to me.

Again, just commenting what was emailed me and asking if anyone had seen it.

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:o :o HOLY s*** IT IS TRUE!!!! IT'S A TEAM OPTION FOR 2007

oh wait. I just made that up. :P

hey guys heres the rashid guy on cbssportsline today

Espn.com is reporting that he is selling the yankees to Bill Gates and buying the Chicago whitesox because he says that team remindes me of the 98 yankees.

Uribe= JEter

Crede= Brocias

Takatsu= Rivera

Buehrle= Pettite

Rowand= Bernie williams

I think so also

I'm on the net a lot, so all these posts give me something to do. So I'm not complaning, just making a comment. :cheers

Oh hell yeah, I'm just waitin for 10:30 to roll around so I can go to bed, I see the post on whitesox.com, get a little excited then think "BS", then Jims post, which leads to an all around good time. :) :headbang

Espn.com is reporting that he is selling the yankees to Bill Gates and buying the Chicago whitesox because he says that team remindes me of the 98 yankees.

Uribe= JEter

Crede= Brocias

Takatsu= Rivera

Buehrle= Pettite

Rowand= Bernie williams

I think so also

Wow...

Uribe= JEter

Crede= Brocias

Takatsu= Rivera

Buehrle= Pettite

Rowand= Bernie williams

I think so also

LOL but like I said whoever thought of this did a real good job.

OK GUYS ... PLEASE RELAX ...

First, I am sorry I posted this. I was asking for information, not posting it. Please understand this.

I just heard from my friend, I have known him for 30 years, he would not BS me.

HERE IS WHAT HE SAID:

1. He is not drinking tonite, first of all.

2. He was out to dinner with a trusted business associate, not a schmuck, a solid citizen.

3. The details were generated from FLORIDA SPORTS RADIO in the past couple of hours (big hole there). He does not know which station. The business associate does not go to message boards whatsoever and I believe that with 100% certainty. If some clown from the official board posted this, he may have heard the same thing somehow, some way.

4. This Florida station said their contacts have talked to Gammons OF ESPN NEWS (big difference from "reported on ESPN NEWS") and their contacts said Gammons is "privately" saying the Wright signing is done.

5. The RADIO STATION said the White Sox were zeroing in on Dye and also zeroing in on the 3 way as stated.

6. My friend got this from a business associate who heard the discussion on Florida sports radio (again, I do not know which station). That radio station has apparantly talked to Gammons.

7. My friend has known this business associate for several years and has no reason to doubt him.

8. If there is chain pulling going on, we (my friend and I) feel it would be the fact the guy heard it on sports radio.

TAKE THIS AS YOU WOULD A GEORGE OFFMAN ( the Score) REPORT OR SOMETHING SIMILAR. COULD BE TOTAL BS ... COULD HAVE SOME MERIT.

There are too many holes in it to get excited or depressed one way or the other.

I personally apologize for getting anyone's blood pressure up one way or the other. I do believe (personally) there are TONS of trade conversations going on and as we all know there are TONS of media people speculating and trying to get some sort of scoop.

I will reiterate that I started this thread asking for information vs. reporting anything I had personally heard.