MVP Baseball 2005

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Palehosefan @ May 8, 2005 -> 12:35 AM)
I'm sure its been mentioned before, but I found a glitch in the game. I hit 2 inside the park HR's with Juan Pierre in Houston without any errors on the plays and it gave him 2 doubles at the end of the game.

Hit the ball out of the park next time and you don't have to worry about it.

QUOTE(Rex Hudler @ May 7, 2005 -> 06:08 PM)
Anyone know when rosters will be available for purchase, including all updates and all of the Minor League rosters???? For PS2..........

I don't even bother with EA.

There is a site called geekrosters.com that do the same thing. Only problem is you need to buy a sharkport or an X-port to take the downloaded rosters off you're computer and transfer them to the PS2.

QUOTE(Mr. Showtime @ May 8, 2005 -> 10:11 PM)
I don't even bother with EA.

There is a site called geekrosters.com that do the same thing. Only problem is you need to buy a sharkport or an X-port to take the downloaded rosters off you're computer and transfer them to the PS2.

ps2rosters.com does the same, but they don't have the minor league rosters finished yet..... I can't download them, but will send them a memory card when they are ready. I didn't know if perhaps another place had them available now.

QUOTE(Rex Hudler @ May 9, 2005 -> 12:59 AM)
ps2rosters.com does the same, but they don't have the minor league rosters finished yet..... I can't download them, but will send them a memory card when they are ready.  I didn't know if perhaps another place had them available now.

Oh.

geekrosters.com has them. Just go to their site and click MVP, and on the right side under the MVP picture, click the link.

QUOTE(Soxnbears01 @ May 9, 2005 -> 02:45 PM)
Just threw my first no-hitter against a human ever.

Randy Johnson ownz

Have yet to throw a no-hitter or perfect game. Last night I was 1 out away with my 23 year phenom when I threw a 96mph cutter right on the hands of the hitter and the 2nd baseman botched it. The guy is awesome though. 96MPh Cutter, 94mph sinker and 101MPH 4Seam Fastball.

In a barnburner today I won 1-0 in 9 innings. (online games are 5 innings) I was the Marlins and beat the Red Sox. The winning runner (A-Gon) scored from second on an infield single by Juan Pierre. The frustrating part for me was that I had 10 hits. I just kept getting guys on and then grounding out. If anyone wants to play me I should be on later tonight after the Sox game. My username is "varba".

I signed a minor league free agent....Troy Tolar....kids tearing up the minor leagues. He throws an 88 mph 4 seamer, a 2 seamer, a curve, and a 95 mph palmball

So I looked at some of the other guys I signed as well....and one of them throws a 100 mph palmball!!!!

Has anyone else noticed this???

QUOTE(DVsoxfan @ May 9, 2005 -> 10:18 PM)
I signed a minor league free agent....Troy Tolar....kids tearing up the minor leagues.  He throws an 88 mph 4 seamer, a 2 seamer, a curve, and a 95 mph palmball

So I looked at some of the other guys I signed as well....and one of them throws a 100 mph palmball!!!!

Has anyone else noticed this???

Makes no sense that a palm ball of all pitches would be faster than a damn fastball.

QUOTE(Be Good @ May 9, 2005 -> 06:34 PM)
What team are players like Maggs and Carlos Delgado, just to name a few?  Or are they just free agents.

I went through and fixed every teams roster and made everyone go where they belong and created Iguchi and what not, saved them, and use them for my dynasty..

Also, I am doing a dynasty with the Pirates, I hit a gapper with Tike Redman.. It hit the fence and bounced off the fence over Griffeys head, he throws it in and I get a triple.. then I hear "Error" and I didnt even get credit for a hit on that play.. Thats what pisses me off the most.. It has happened to me 3 times, very annoying

Other than that I have thrown back to back CG SO with Oliver Perez, K'ing 15 the first time and 11 the second.. I have the computers contact at 50 on the sliders and their power at 30 and still the computer isnt scoring many runs..

Perez is awesome on the game though, if your gonna trade for someone, I would suggest him.. so far with him hes got 4 Starts 33 IP 1.69 ERA and 46 K's and a 1 - 1 record due to the pathetic offense that is the Pittsburgh Pirates

Yeah Oliver Perez is great in that game, too bad he is struggling so much this year in real life. But his slider in that game just dominates the competition... I dont know if you guys have seen it yet, but the cubs park looks really nice in MVP.. yesterday was first time i played in it and it is one of the better looking parks in the game.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ May 11, 2005 -> 09:35 PM)
Yeah Oliver Perez is great in that game, too bad he is struggling so much this year in real life.  But his slider in that game just dominates the competition... I dont know if you guys have seen it yet, but the cubs park looks really nice in MVP.. yesterday was first time i played in it and it is one of the better looking parks in the game.

I just wish they could get the Cell right, it still has BLUE WALLS!!

A fun thing to do online is, if a guy is being a dick and you want to piss him off, just put pitches right down the middle with nothing on them and let them know where its going (meaning, dont make it in the green area) so they score a lot and hit lots of home runs, then just unplug your internet connection so they lose all those stats and the game doesn't count at all. Pulling the plug is also an easier way then quitting the game and getting your DNF% up.