MVP Baseball 2005

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I found the sliders a bit tiring with pitching. Maybe I try to nibble too much but I only hit perfect on the meter maybe 1/3 of the time. Maybe pitcher stamina is going down too quickly but it takes some fun out of the game trying to hit such a tiny green spot on a meter with every pitch.

Hitting in this game still feels like a crapshoot sometimes. Sometimes I'll see a pitch coming inside and time it and give it a pull swing and I'll line out to second base. Other times I see a pitch outside, swing later, give it a push swing and will end up pulling a homerun instead. The hitters eye makes the game much more even than last year though.

QUOTE(Purdue129 @ Feb 27, 2005 -> 11:40 PM)
On All Star, I'm playing 1 game a series and managing the other 2... as of June 1st the Big Hurt is hitting .347  :headbang

I'm leading the Central by 2 over Minny and A-Row the #5 OF in the All-Star Voting.

Aaron and Juan are pretty damn good in this game.

I suck with both of 'em so far. My best hitter so far has been Crede :huh: Gooch and aj have also been good, besides that all of my hitters have sucked.

QUOTE(Purdue129 @ Feb 28, 2005 -> 12:12 AM)
Willie has been out-playing both S-Pod and Crede in my game.

I've played all my games so far and I just suck at hitting so that's obviously one of the reasons my guys are sucking. Anways I still think Frank and Dye are hitting .000 on the season and Crede is hitting like .600. Juan and Rowand I think are both around .100.

I'm sure this question has already been answered, but I seem to have missed it.

How do I get updated rosters integrated into my Owner mode, and create Iguchi into it?

Can Iguchi be added to the downloaded updated rosters?

Step x step, please..........

QUOTE(Rex Hudler @ Feb 28, 2005 -> 01:24 AM)

How do I get updated rosters integrated into my Owner mode, and create Iguchi into it?

If you hop online w/PS2 (don't know about XBox), you can get the upated rosters...

use the CAP earlier in this thread to creat Gooch, b/c he's not on the update

but if you've started Owner mode, you're stuck with what you started with

QUOTE(Rex Hudler @ Feb 28, 2005 -> 01:24 AM)

once you start owner mode, your stuck w/ the rosters you started with.

If you wanted to start a new one, this is what you have to do.

First LOAD the rosters from the main menu

then when your starting up owner mode, select NO where it says 'use default rosters.'

First inning of my first game on All-Star and I just turned a triple play.

Lo Duca nailed one to the wall, Dye retreated and robbed him of extra bases...both the runners at 1st and 2nd were advancing past the next base before it was caught, Dye gunned it into Uribe, over to Konerko to complete the triple play just in time.

Yeah, good point.

For the first time, I actually concentrated on the colors, and man -- did it help. I scored 6 runs off of Kevin Millwood en route to a 6-0 win.

Oh, one more tip -- at least, I think this helps. You can't cover the whole plate. Concentrate on either taking the left part, or the right part of the plate (I concentrate on the spot that has more cold spots, because you know that the CPU is gonna nip at your cold spots).

Can't wait to get out of school, and home from basketball, and play.

I am used to playing without the hitter's eye, which makes hitting that much harder. But the friend I play games against doesn't like it, so it won't help me to play with it against the computer and without it against him.

When I have used it, I have hit well. Very well actually. Some pitcher tip their pitches early, so you can see the color before it leaves his hand. Some early in the windup.

Edited by Rex Hudler

I haven't read every post in this thread so this may have come up...but there's more to the hitter's eye than just the "split second" color you see when he is about to let go of the pitch. The ball is that color through the entire motion. If you haven't noticed this, check it out. Try to track the ball from the start of the pitcher's motion. Almost every time i can see the color behind the pitcher's back before he brings it up to deliver the pitch. This will give you a bit more time to prepare for what's coming. Give it a whirl, it works.

** Rex beats me to the punch while i was posting.

Edited by IlliniKrush

Gotcha Krush lol

Another issue I have with this game. After adding Iguchi and calling up Vizcaino, the Sox MLB payroll is $69.2 million. Yet, the game lists player payroll at $89.7 million.

Charlotte has a freaking payroll of $9 million. Birmingham's is $8.8 and Winston's is $2.2. None of that is realistic at all. No wonder nobody can make any money. They have an extra $20 million in payroll. Realistically, it should be $3-$5 million.

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Feb 28, 2005 -> 02:41 PM)
I haven't read every post in this thread so this may have come up...but there's more to the hitter's eye than just the "split second" color you see when he is about to let go of the pitch. The ball is that color through the entire motion. If you haven't noticed this, check it out. Try to track the ball from the start of the pitcher's motion. Almost every time i can see the color behind the pitcher's back before he brings it up to deliver the pitch. This will give you a bit more time to prepare for what's coming. Give it a whirl, it works.

** Rex beats me to the punch while i was posting.

that's actually the way they designed it.

So that the better pitchers, the ones that hide their motions better, still have the advantage.

Awesome idea by them