Films

LosMediasBlancas

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jan 9, 2006 -> 04:24 PM)
I read the book and it seemed to have a lot of side stories and flashbacks.  Is the film the same?

yes. I loved the book. They have to cut out some background stuff and the stay seems a bit shorter in the movie than in the book but it is very true to the book.

QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ Jan 9, 2006 -> 05:31 PM)
it's very much american beauty-esque... the craziest problems in the world happen to 6 people.  C+ movie at best.

Sam Mendes directed American Beauty so that is probably why that is the case. I don't think that though. I think this is a much better movie than American Beauty and I liked American Beauty.

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Jan 9, 2006 -> 05:59 PM)
Sam Mendes directed American Beauty so that is probably why that is the case.  I don't think that though.  I think this is a much better movie than American Beauty and I liked American Beauty.

I know why it was so similar... I just said I didn't like movies that take 10 of the craziest things that probably happened at some point and assign those things to 6 people. It's just not realistic.

QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ Jan 9, 2006 -> 03:31 PM)
it's very much american beauty-esque... the craziest problems in the world happen to 6 people.  C+ movie at best.

Another one of those movies everyone raved about that I refused to see. About the only one I actually saw was Sideways and that was a true piece of garbage.

QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ Jan 9, 2006 -> 06:04 PM)
I know why it was so similar... I just said I didn't like movies that take 10 of the craziest things that probably happened at some point and assign those things to 6 people. It's just not realistic.

those are what happened to this guy though. I didn't think they were all that crazy.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jan 9, 2006 -> 09:29 PM)
Man, I have a tough time looking at your sig/avatar.

good cd cover eh....Album is Tension: by Split Shift :D

they have a new cd out in march or may or something.....

Edited by TheBlackSox8

QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ Jan 9, 2006 -> 06:31 PM)

Mendes directed Jarhead??

American Beauty is one of my fav all time movies. I can't imagine how the two films could be similar. I will definately see 'Jarhead' on DVD.

There is a guy at my work that loved Fantastic Four and wanted me to watch it.....so I did...and i though it was a piece of s***...had some parts, but overall sucked.

The thing that bothers me is that he said it was better than Batman Begins. And I'm serious when I say the he is serious about that. :huh This is a guy that also said the Shield is hyped too much and has very bad acting...needless to say i don't take any film or tv advice from him anymore

QUOTE(TheBlackSox8 @ Jan 12, 2006 -> 08:28 PM)
There is a guy at my work that loved Fantastic Four and wanted me to watch it.....so I did...and i though it was a piece of s***...had some parts, but overall sucked. 

The thing that bothers me is that he said it was better than Batman Begins.  And I'm serious when I say the he is serious about that. :huh    This is a guy that also said the Shield is hyped too much and has very bad acting...needless to say i don't take any film or tv advice from him anymore

:lolhitting

Wow. Watch anything he hates. Chances are it'll be good.

QUOTE(Spiff @ Jan 12, 2006 -> 07:45 PM)
The Machinist = thumbs up! :cheers

definitly.....watched it not to long ago......very good movie couldn't find a spot on the list for my favorite type of movies though. :bang

Edited by TheBlackSox8

QUOTE(Spiff @ Jan 12, 2006 -> 07:45 PM)
The Machinist = thumbs up! :cheers

Bale only ate one apple and a can of tuna per day... and drank very little water to get down to that weight. He would also just not eat at times... he smoked alot though.

I couldn't imagine losing all that weight and gaining even more back than you were previously in such a small time frame.