Films

LosMediasBlancas

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jan 20, 2006 -> 02:44 PM)
Saw Munich last night.  What a great movie.  Hans was the baddest character of them all, followed by Carl.  Anyone else agree?

saw Munich. I liked it but was sort of disappointed with it. I thought it turned into an action movie instead of an historical movie. The Screenplay was awful. However there were some very good performances including Eric Bana and Daniel Craig.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jan 20, 2006 -> 02:44 PM)
Saw Munich last night.  What a great movie.  Hans was the baddest character of them all, followed by Carl.  Anyone else agree?

I thought Steve (Daniel Craig) was the baddest character. Nothing occurying within the film seemed to phase him or shift his resolve.

Just ask the Swedish girl. :D

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Jan 20, 2006 -> 04:58 PM)
I thought Steve (Daniel Craig) was the baddest character. Nothing occurying within the film seemed to phase him or shift his resolve.

Just ask the Swedish girl.  :D

Ha, but Hans came off pretty cold in that exact same scene, perhaps even moreso than Steve.

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Jan 20, 2006 -> 03:56 PM)
saw Munich.  I liked it but was sort of disappointed with it.  I thought it turned into an action movie instead of an historical movie.  The Screenplay was awful.  However there were some very good performances including Eric Bana and Daniel Craig.

It's loosely based on actual events. It wasn't meant to be historical, as far as I know.

Also saw the second Underworld tonight. I'm not a fan of that kind of movie, but it definitely still kept my attention and I'd watch it again.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jan 20, 2006 -> 07:44 PM)
Ha, but Hans came off pretty cold in that exact same scene, perhaps even moreso than Steve.

It's loosely based on actual events.  It wasn't meant to be historical, as far as I know.

Also saw the second Underworld tonight.  I'm not a fan of that kind of movie, but it definitely still kept my attention and I'd watch it again.

loved the first one. Loved this one more. Great movie. Very entertaining. Probably one of the best adaptations of Romeo & Juliet in the last 10 years. It is pretty much the Capulets and Montagues as Vampires and Werewolves. The thing is though you have to see the first movie in order to like this one. It is very complicated and there are a lot of brief flashbacks. Action scenes are great.

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Jan 20, 2006 -> 07:52 PM)
loved the first one.  Loved this one more.  Great movie.  Very entertaining.  Probably one of the best adaptations of Romeo & Juliet in the last 10 years.  It is pretty much the Capulets and Montagues as Vampires and Werewolves.  The thing is though you have to see the first movie in order to like this one.  It is very complicated and there are a lot of brief flashbacks.  Action scenes are great.

What the heck are you talking about. Its not anything like Romeo and Juliet. That was a love story. Sure the two main characters are kind of in love but you don't have them trying to kill them because they are in love.

AWFUL COMPARISON. On a sidenote it was a very badass movie if you take it for what it is (a sweet ass action movie with vampires and warewolves).

The Blockbuster by my house has a great sale going on...all pre-owned movies on sale 4 for $25. I bought Crash, Mr. and Mrs. Smith, The Exorcism of Emily Rose, and Don't say a Word. It was the second time I've seen Crash and it remains as one of my favorite movies ever. Emily Rose was decent as well, I liked the whole court case theme. I'm yet to see Mr. and Mrs. Smith and Don't say a Word, but I've been told that they are good.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jan 21, 2006 -> 04:43 PM)
What the heck are you talking about.  Its not anything like Romeo and Juliet.  That was a love story.  Sure the two main characters are kind of in love but you don't have them trying to kill them because they are in love. 

AWFUL COMPARISON.  On a sidenote it was a very badass movie if you take it for what it is (a sweet ass action movie with vampires and warewolves).

Um the Lycans = the Montagues and the Vampires = the Capulets. They were marketing the first as a Vampire-Werewolf version of Romeo & Juliet. I saw interviews with the director pretty much calling it a Vampire=Werewolf Romeo & Juliet.

I second the awful comparison.

Romeo and Juliet's love is the whole f***ing story of R&J. Selene and Michael getting it on was a minor detail of Underworld.

AND you can't consider Michael to be a Montague/Capulet. He was never part of the Lycan clan. Plus, he ended up being part Vampire anyway.

I think Steve would have been 'badder' if he EVER f***ING DID ANYTHING.

COME ON COME ON LETS SHOOT SOMEONE COME ON BOMBS SUCK COME ON LETS JUST SHOOT EM WITH A GUN I LIKE GUNS COME ON f*** THAT COME ON WERE GONNA KILL EM

I CAN DRIVE A CAR

QUOTE(CrimsonWeltall @ Jan 21, 2006 -> 05:55 PM)
I second the awful comparison.

Romeo and Juliet's love is the whole f***ing story of R&J.  Selene and Michael getting it on was a minor detail of Underworld.

AND you can't consider Michael to be a Montague/Capulet.  He was never part of the Lycan clan.  Plus, he ended up being part Vampire anyway.

Vampires aren't supposed to love a human either. Plus the whole vampire and lycan war is like the capulets and the montagues.

Vampires aren't supposed to love a human either.

Vampires can love humans. They just turn them. Also, Michael has no societal pressure against dating whoever he wants.

Plus the whole vampire and lycan war is like the capulets and the montagues.

Why? Just because they are 2 groups which fight?

The only forbidden love in Underworld was between Lucian and Sonja, and it was due more akin to the child of a white slaveowner being in love with a black slave, not members of 2 rival houses.

And again, Michael was never a part of the Lycan clan or the Lycan-Vampire war.

QUOTE(CrimsonWeltall @ Jan 21, 2006 -> 05:57 PM)
I think Steve would have been 'badder' if he EVER f***ING DID ANYTHING.

COME ON COME ON LETS SHOOT SOMEONE COME ON BOMBS SUCK COME ON LETS JUST SHOOT EM WITH A GUN I LIKE GUNS COME ON f*** THAT COME ON WERE GONNA KILL EM

I CAN DRIVE A CAR

You just solidified his position as the biggest badass in cinematic history.

QUOTE(CrimsonWeltall @ Jan 21, 2006 -> 06:34 PM)
Vampires can love humans.  They just turn them.  Also, Michael has no societal pressure against dating whoever he wants. 

Why?  Just because they are 2 groups which fight?

The only forbidden love in Underworld was between Lucian and Sonja, and it was due more akin to the child of a white slaveowner being in love with a black slave, not members of 2 rival houses. 

And again, Michael was never a part of the Lycan clan or the Lycan-Vampire war.

watch the first movie again. See Kraven's reaction when he finds out that she likes a human. Vampires aren't supposed to like Humans in this movie.

I saw 2 pretty random "couple year old" movies today.

Behind Enemy Lines - meh, was entertaining, but wouldn't watch it again.

Enemy at the Gates - right up there in my favorite war movies of all time. Now i understand all the comparisons that were made when call of duty came out.