Films

LosMediasBlancas

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got back from Saw 3. I'm num right now. The movie is utterly amazing. Any questions you might've had about Saw and Saw 2 are answered during this film. And like the review that Steff posted earlier said, that's it. This is the end for me. There better not be a Saw 4. It would be totally pointless. Oh, and this movie is not for those with weak stomachs. So watch at your own risk. It's much more graphic than the first 2 IMO.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Oct 27, 2006 -> 02:01 PM)
I bet that Saw puppet dude would be a good Halloween costume, hmmmmmmm need a big, squeaky tricycle though.

Might go see "Running with Scissors" tonight.

That was my costume last year. It'll probably be my costume this year, too.

Edited by Jordan4life_2006

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Oct 27, 2006 -> 04:51 PM)
Just got back from Saw 3. I'm num right now. The movie is utterly amazing. Any questions you might've had about Saw and Saw 2 are answered during this film. And like the review that Steff posted earlier said, that's it. This is the end for me. They're better not be a Saw 4. It would be totally pointless. Oh, and this movie is not for those with weak stomachs. So watch at your own risk. It's much more graphic than the first 2 IMO.

That was my costume last year. It'll probably be my costume this year, too.

No, it wasn't. You hadn't even thought of it. :P

Edited by LosMediasBlancas

QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ Oct 27, 2006 -> 05:21 PM)
well I know what happens in the first 2.

Well, you can click the link Steff posted on page 119 of this thread. That's a pretty good review. I'm not gonna give anything away about the movie until those that I know are interested have seen it. You can PM me if you want. I'll tell you what you wanna know. You should go see it for yourself, though. I promise you will not be dissapointed.

QUOTE(bmags @ Oct 27, 2006 -> 05:25 PM)
yeah, i'm sure its hard to understand the plot of "cool ways to kill people"

Well, if you know anything about it, you would know it's about a lot more than just "cool ways to kill people."

Edited by Jordan4life_2006

If you never seen "The Killing Fields"... I recommend this film. It's got classic late 70s, early 80s chaos in the story telling, but the acting is superb as well as the gripping story.

as for "SAW"... I don't on ever "seeing" these films, I just like to know the "plot twists" and who the guy was that did all of the killing. PM me or ***TEASER alert*** your message. Either way, that's about all the interest I have in the movies.

QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ Oct 27, 2006 -> 05:36 PM)
If you never seen "The Killing Fields"... I recommend this film. It's got classic late 70s, early 80s chaos in the story telling, but the acting is superb as well as the gripping story.

as for "SAW"... I don't on ever "seeing" these films, I just like to know the "plot twists" and who the guy was that did all of the killing. PM me or ***TEASER alert*** your message. Either way, that's about all the interest I have in the movies.

THat's the beauty of the movies (the first 2). Jigsaw didn't "kill" anyone. ;)

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Oct 27, 2006 -> 04:51 PM)
Just got back from Saw 3. I'm num right now. The movie is utterly amazing. Any questions you might've had about Saw and Saw 2 are answered during this film. And like the review that Steff posted earlier said, that's it. This is the end for me. There better not be a Saw 4. It would be totally pointless. Oh, and this movie is not for those with weak stomachs. So watch at your own risk. It's much more graphic than the first 2 IMO.

Uhhh.. I am sooooo excited to see it . We're going to see Dolgin at an appearance tonight then going to a midnite show. Thanks for the heads up J4L!!

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Oct 27, 2006 -> 10:55 PM)
Hater

So what didn't you like about it?

There were just certain parts of the movie to me that seemed slow and a bit boring. Like I said though, for the most part it kept me entertained, I just liked the first two much better.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Oct 27, 2006 -> 10:59 PM)
There were just certain parts of the movie to me that seemed slow and a bit boring. Like I said though, for the most part it kept me entertained, I just liked the first two much better.

Fair enough. I'll talk to you more about it when everybody for the most part has gotten a chance to see it. There is one part about the movie that made absolutely no sense to me.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Oct 27, 2006 -> 11:01 PM)
Fair enough. I'll talk to you more about it when everybody for the most part has gotten a chance to see it. There is one part about the movie that made absolutely no sense to me.

Hated the last 2 minutes. Loved the rest. I dont want a 4th... though it looks like there will be one.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Oct 29, 2006 -> 10:37 AM)
Finally saw The Departed last night.

Enjoyed it immensely.

Can't wait to watch it a bunch more times on DVD.

I recommend watching the Chinese version as well. "Infernal Affairs" A lot of the scenes from "The Departed" come straight from IA. The movie actually makes more sense in Chinese as well, from a story aspect.

I don't speak Chinese, so I had no clue otherwise :lol:

AMC has been showing all of the Halloween movies, Minus 6 and H20, throughout the day. I can find something to enjoy out of all of them, just the way I suspend disbelief, but damn. I was flipping on and off all day they just got cornier as they went along. I cringe when I see Busta Rhymes doing karate to fight off Michael Meyers.

The first is obviously the best and I like how 2 was just an extension of 1. I always dug H20 as well.

From Rottentomatoes.com

director of such classics as "Pi" and "Requiem for a Dream"

"Aronofsky to Go Biblical for His Next Movie"

"Will you do another studio film, and is Lone Wolf and Cub really dead?

Well, the big thing we're writing now is a studio film. Lone Wolf, Paramount never got the rights. And we developed a script, but now the rights don't exist.

That was so exciting for a moment there.

The new thing is even more exciting, and I'll give you an exclusive. I'm not going to tell you exactly what it is, but…it's a biblical epic.

In…Aramaic?

(laughs) In English!

What led you to that?

It's something I've wanted to do for a long time. Before Pi. Probably ten years ago, I had an idea. Actually, I wrote a poem about it when I was in 7th grade. I won this award for it -- my first writing award. So it's a story from the Bible that kind of stuck with me. About ten years ago I was at a museum that featured an exhibit that reminded me of it. So we've been trying to crack it for a while, and we finally figured out a direction. But…I can't tell you any more."