Ben Davis Re-signs

AddisonStSox

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the Info

Thank you Ben, you are helping out the cause. More money for me. ah ah ah ah ....I mean more money for July. Damn it people want a lot for these green seats on ebay. How much is spray paint again? Kenny call up Home Depot and ask them how much is a crate of Forest Green Paint

reinsdorf2.gif

reinsdorf5.gif

[The Sox also signed pitchers Ryan Meaux , 26, and Eduardo Villacis, 25, to minor-league contracts. Both were non-tendered by the White Sox prior to last night's deadline]

That according to chicagosports.com

Sorry if this doesn't fit in this thread.

Thank you Ben, you are helping out the cause.  More money for me. ah ah ah ah ....I mean more money for July. Damn it people want a lot for these green seats on ebay.  How much is spray paint again?  Kenny call up Home Depot and ask them how much is a crate of Forest Green Paint

reinsdorf2.gif

reinsdorf5.gif

I heard that they have a good Intrested rates on 6 month CDS..Hmmmmmmmmmmmm

;)

THe comment about forest green seats and Spray paint

:lolhitting :lolhitting :lolhitting :lolhitting :lolhitting :lolhitting :lolhitting :lolhitting

I'm sure JR will take the savings on this deal -- and the Carlos Lee trade -- and pass them along to the fans.

Right?

July we will spend the money

Well its July and you are 6 games back of the Injuns, Tigers and the Twins, Its a lead we will never overcome. So we have addressed our future by trading Paul Konerko to the Dogers for 2 AA players that will be ready in 2008 and cash. Next year we will be aggressive to get that 5th starter in the FA market. JR

reinsdorf2.gif

reinsdorf5.gif

Solid backup, maybe a capable starter.  Plays hard and seemed happy in Chicago.  I want Pyrz though.

Jason,

It's interesting. $1 million is about the going rate for backup catchers, correct?

Hmmmm.

Jason,

It's interesting.  $1 million is about the going rate for backup catchers, correct?

Hmmmm.

Ya, thats similar to Blanco's deal, iirc. I hope Pyrz is on the way but I still have my doubts. I think the Dodgers could be interested in him and I don't know whats going on with Boston and Varitek.

I'm not up to date on what happened over the weekend. I do know Pyrz, one of Cora/Eckstein and a starter sounds good to me. But I would not give Wade Miller 6 mill a year. Unless were talking heavy incentives. The guy would look great in the rotation, but you can't look past all his injuries. I'd go something like 3yr 12 mill with incentives that could push it into the 15-18 mill range.