WSCR 670AM, MLB.com: "El Duque" agrees to deal

Flash Tizzle

I don't know what you all are talking about with the AM 1000 bad reception.

I live in Louisville, KY and I can get the games loud and clear at night during most of the summer.

I can't understand how parts of Chicago can't get the game, but when I am 5 hrs away, I can drive around and listen to it.

the tower is aimed east, so you can get great reception out east. i live in columbus, ohio and get it loud and clear most nights. however, those to the west of the signal don't have that benefit.

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the tower is aimed east, so you can get great reception out east. i live in columbus, ohio and get it loud and clear most nights. however, those to the west of the signal don't have that benefit.

So I guess I get the benefit of being 5 hrs southeast of Chicago.... :lol:

I don't know what you all are talking about with the AM 1000 bad reception.

I live in Louisville, KY and I can get the games loud and clear at night during most of the summer.

I can't understand how parts of Chicago can't get the game, but when I am 5 hrs away, I can drive around and listen to it.

I think there is a lot of radio interference if you try to pick it up in the city. I live on the gold coast and am1000 comes in, but very staticy in my home. When my friend and I go to the games we turn on the post game for the ride home, and almost always completely lose reception when we get near downtown until we get about 2 blocks north of the Chicago River.

I can't wish it away any more. ESPN reported it. I need to know what the incentive bonuses are. If we just paid 4M for 100 ip argghh! If we paid 4M for 29 starts ok.

It did shine some light on his health.

Jul 04: 4 gs, 2-0, 19 ip : Aug 04: 5 gs, 3-0, 32 ip

Sep 04: 4 gs, 3-1, 30 ip : Oct 04: 1 gs 0-1, 3 ip

Poff 04: 1 gs, 0-0, 5 ip

gs >= 6 ip: 9, = 5 ip: 4, < 5 ip: 3

I would say it's more important to limit his innings than his starts.

In fact pitch count is even more important. He pitched 8 starts in a row of 54 ip with an avg pitch count of about 105. Whenever he pitched more than 110 his next start he lasted less than 5 ip.

I would say it's more important to limit his innings than his starts.

In fact pitch count is even more important.  He pitched 8 starts in a row of 54 ip with an avg pitch count of about 105.  Whenever he pitched more than 110 his next start he lasted less than 5 ip.

I agree with that. Dont let him go over 100 pitches. That will help him prevent injuries and pitch to his full capability.

I agree with that.  Dont let him go over 100 pitches.  That will help him prevent injuries and pitch to his full capability.

i agree, especially now that we have a few guys that should really be able to eat up some innings after the duke leaves in the 5th or 6th. hermanson should be good insurance for him.

The incentives: suntimes.com

Williams said Hernandez is eager to prove he is healthy, insisting on contract bonuses for being named to the All-Star Game and winning Comeback Player of the Year.

Feeling better about that. That's a high bar to reach & if he reaches it the CWS should be in a good position to win the div. I like that.

Williams said Hernandez is eager to prove he is healthy, insisting on contract bonuses for being named to the All-Star Game and winning Comeback Player of the Year.

Feeling better about that.  That's a high bar to reach & if he reaches it the CWS should be in a good position to win the div.  I like that.

I was thrilled to read that as well. The guy has some "real incentive" to perform.

Feeling better about that.  That's a high bar to reach & if he reaches it the CWS should be in a good position to win the div.  I like that.

:bringit :D