We know it's Eckstein...

GoArow33

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Look I'm really happy for Eck that he's a grinder & a hearty player. As I'm sure Cora is as well. But it doesn't change the fact that neither of these guys can hit a lick. Harris is a better hitter than both of them.

I just feel that after the CWS has spent a ton of money this past year on upgrading

pitching & defense that the remainder of the money should be spent on average/better than average hitters for the 7-9 spots in the lineup.

Catcher G Zaun fits that as does Miguel Cairo. Zaun is far more important that Eck or Cora because he puts Davis on the bench. ;)

For all of you who'd want Cora on this team, why?

We would be benching Willie Harris for a guy who is just as inconsistant offensively, not as good defensively, and not as quick on the basepaths and why because he's Joey Cora's brother. No way!

I want Eckstein or Cairo. Cora would just be like getting a slower Willie Harris.

Willie's a great defender but I don't know if he's better then Alex. Alex is a better fit then willie because he can handle the bat much better and we can bat him 2nd, where as willie is a terrible bunter and is not a smart enough player to bat 2nd. I'd prefer eck but I'd love to get Eck or Cora.

Look up their damn numbers! Getting :angry: now. All Eck offers is an OBP about .030 higher than Harris & Cairo. That comes with the risk of his having accomplished that in the leadoff spot where he most certainly will NOT be at w the CWS. He will hit 9th. As a 9 hitter he's worse than Harris & Cairo.

I prefer Cairo. How I wish the CWS fan's love for Eck would just die already!

Somebody anybody please sign this light weight so we can move on!

Anyone that has seen Eckstein play would be nuts to want Willie Harris over Eckstein. Eckstein isn't dynamic or explosive, but he truly plays the game right, and he's not the type of player you'd have to worry about not being able to get a key sac bunt down or be concerned about him not making contact in a crucial situation. Miguel Cairo is another veteran that I would have no problem with on this team. Personally, I thought one of the main reasons that the Sox slumped so much last year was because of the prolonged slumps that Willie would get in where he was absolutely no threat at the plate or on the bases.

He gets dirty.  He plays hard.  He's a great baserunner.  He can bunt.  He's the guy that'll run over a catcher, if he can.  Players love to play with him, coaches love to coach him and fans love to watch him.  Stats aren't ALWAYS the best way to measure a player.

Take out the "can bunt" and it sound like Jose. :lolhitting

Rotoworld:

David Eckstein - SS - Angels   

The White Sox and Devil Rays are among the teams that have been in contact with David Eckstein's agent.

The early guess was that Eckstein would head to St. Louis, but the Cardinals won't confirm whether they've spoken with his agent. Dec. 23 - 2:29 pm et

Source: Chicago Sun-Times

ive watched eckstein play for his entire carrer

ive always hated him because he is such a good player and a good leader... with a huge heart.... all great things....

if he was on the sox all along, i would have loved him.. but going to see the angels play the sox and seeing this guy get the most rise out of the crowd... work his ass off on every single play... and bring life to the other players/crowd was a sigth to see.... all angels fans LOVE this kid.... hes honestly like the rudy of baseball

his numbers dont indacate how valuable he is.

just out of cursity.... what are his numbers vs. LHP....anyone?

peace

-t

u know his carrer numbers vs LHP?

for future refrence, where do u find stats like these

and what was whillie? like .170?

I cant find his career stats vs. lefties. You can get his stats vs. lefties over the last three years at ESPN.com

Eckstein last three years: .281 AVG .355 OBP

Harris last three years: .181 AVG .224 OBP

Eckstein last three years: .281 AVG .355 OBP

Harris last three years: .181 AVG .224 OBP

ok, you add that to the fact that he plays his balls to the way... nose to the dirt.... is a spoken leader.... has helped a team win in the playoffs.... hummmmmmm.... whatda u think now?

i rest my case, no futher questions your honor.

ok, you add that to the fact that he plays his balls to the way... nose to the dirt.... is a spoken leader.... has helped a team win in the playoffs.... hummmmmmm.... whatda u think now?

i rest my case, no futher questions your honor.

hey'll yeah

Big Eckstein booster.

In fact, I've been a fan of him before he won the player's poll for getting the most out of the least talent. If Kenny wants "grinders," look no further than Eck.

Plus, I remember watching him at USCF last year and he was a Sox killer. He is so pesty and he is always on base.

Kenny gets an A- on this off-season if he nails Eck or Cora. He would have addressed every single team need and brought in a lot of new faces. I'm really hoping he finds a way to put Eck in Silver and Black, but he will be competeing with the Redbirds.