UPGRADE ISSUES

kapkomet

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok gang - except the gray profiles being on the right, which between Alex and I we can fix that tomorrow, I think that's most of the major stuff.

Keep posting if you see something wrong.

Thanks for your help, y'all.

One more thing. Go study your control panel. In there is some of the settings we talked about before the upgrade (ignore, etc.)

Thanks again!!

:)

QUOTE(knightni @ Jan 2, 2005 -> 08:55 PM)
I keep getting email notifications that I never requested on a thread I am posting on.

I unsubscribed, but it subscribed me again.

I think I fixed it, but tell me if its working. Somehow auto subscribe was on or something for certain members. I think I fixed it, but am not positive.

Want to quickly say I'm aware of the quote issue. I'm looking through the settings now and am not positive whats going on, but somehow there was a slight change in some of the posts coding thats causing it to look funny.

I think were going to find out that in a day or two we won't see it anymore and it just happens to deal with the tie in from older posts and one of the inevitable bugs when the data gets transferred into a little different format.

It should be fully corrected as we start getting new posts. If its not then I'll have to find something else.

And this is the time to explicitly promote my potentially favorite feature, the ignore feature.

To add people to your ignore list, first click my controls. Then on the left side you will see manage ignored users. Click that and it gives you blank boxes to paste names into. If you don't have their name with you, there is a search feature that you can use to find the person you want to ignore.

Hopefully this will ease some of the tension that has been on here lately. Any questions let one of us know.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jan 3, 2005 -> 09:22 AM)
And this is the time to explicitly promote my potentially favorite feature, the ignore feature. 

To add people to your ignore list, first click my controls.  Then on the left side you will see manage ignored users.  Click that and it gives you blank boxes to paste names into.  If you don't have their name with you, there is a search feature that you can use to find the person you want to ignore.

Hopefully this will ease some of the tension that has been on here lately.  Any questions let one of us know.

Sorry, I had you on ignore. :D

QUOTE(DonkeyKongerko @ Jan 3, 2005 -> 01:07 PM)
I'm sure many of you already noticed the  tag doesn't work anymore.  You still have the option of making an all-HTML post in one of the drop-down boxes when you're creating a new post.

Theres a simple hack that will allow that to work -- I'm sure heads will firgure it out -- I need my html

I don't know if it's been mentioned, but there is no visible difference between +/- quotes. They seem to function the same. Neither function generates a history of quotes in a post.

This is not a complaint because we never had that feature before. That I was aware of. So it's just an FYI. At other invision boards I visit I've seen it work differently. When you quote a post it generates quotes for every reference in that post. You can create a quote tree this way in a post. If you select the - it will only quote the most reference in the post.

Again, just an FYI. The site's faster & easier on the eyes. Keep up the good work! Thanks!

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Jan 3, 2005 -> 11:01 PM)
Theres a simple hack that will allow that to work -- I'm sure heads will firgure it out -- I need my html

Yes, there is. I have it and I need to install it, but I don't know if I will get to it tonight yet or not. A poopload of work to do... :angry:

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Jan 3, 2005 -> 05:25 PM)
Yes, there is.  I have it and I need to install it, but I don't know if I will get to it tonight yet or not.  A poopload of work to do...  :angry:

dont know if you know this but poop is a palindrome