White Sox exact offer to A.J. Pierzynski...

Jabroni

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(knightni @ Jan 6, 2005 -> 11:17 AM)
To the Sox:

Nitpickers!  :angry:

Give AJ and Iguchi what they ask for and move on. An extra 1.6 mill over 2 years won't kill you.

I'm having recurring flashbacks of 2003 .... We offered Kenny Rogers one million, the Twins offered him two million. That was difference folks. In a nutshell, we lost the 2003 AL Central division championship over a million bucks.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Jan 6, 2005 -> 05:21 PM)
I'm having recurring flashbacks of 2003 .... We offered Kenny Rogers one million, the Twins offered him two million.  That was difference folks.  In a nutshell, we lost the 2003 AL Central division championship over a million bucks.

That is why KW needs to forget Iguchi and just sign AJ. Offer A.J. 3 million and then shoot for Cora, he'll come cheaper than Iguchi.

And then who do we replace him with?  Borchard?  Let's not forget, he is 33 and has the ability to be up very good major league numbers and is a servicable outfielder.  If Thomas is not back until June who is the DH Gload?

You can replace him with a box of balls, and another massage table for all I care. We are paying him, in theory to fill in for awhile for Frank, thats it. He is not starting, and in fact probably wont play much outfield at all. You can DH konerko, start Gload at first, and I will just as happy seeing Gload get base hits, than watch Carla strike out on his emergency swing.

QUOTE(knightni @ Jan 6, 2005 -> 11:17 AM)
To the Sox:

Nitpickers!  :angry:

Give AJ and Iguchi what they ask for and move on. An extra 1.6 mill over 2 years won't kill you.

Remember JR is losing $$$ in a billboard advertisement that used to be in LF so that they can build their Romper Room ;) .

QUOTE(CubKilla @ Jan 6, 2005 -> 11:35 AM)
Remember JR is losing $$$ in a billboard advertisement that used to be in LF so that they can build their Romper Room  ;) .

Henry... so nice to see you around these parts.. :P

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jan 6, 2005 -> 11:29 AM)
If they are only 300,000 per year apart, this deal will get done.

Which may be correct, but I don't appreciate these negotiating tactics.

Williams is acting as if we're the only suitors bidding for Iguchi. Publically, we are, but I'm bracing myself for another mystery club stealing Iguchi from our grasp. Our interest sure is a noticeable shift from Williams self appointed "flying under the radar" position.

Personally, I find it's ridiculous to observe Mets and Boras debating millions/years, while White Sox are fretting over $600,000. I don't wish to be educated on the nuances of negotiations; just pay the amount to improve our ballclub.

QUOTE(quickman @ Jan 6, 2005 -> 02:24 PM)
jim, I still think things will get worked out. If there were teams lining up for these guys I can say spend the extra million. Nobody is lining up or maybe the dodgers are interested but are waiting to see if the D-bakcs deal goes through. We will know that today. If they don't get there catcher they will go after AJ, if they get the catcher they probably won't. I think we will understand all this better today or tommorrow as the deadline ends. In addition, I still beelive we will end up giving AJ 2.5 with an option for next year. (if the dodgers fall out) What other options does htis guy have?

LA also has to wait on the Shawn Green deal going through as well. AZ is having problems getting him to agree on an extension. C would have to be on the back burner as well

QUOTE(AnthraxFan93 @ Jan 6, 2005 -> 10:29 AM)
When was the last time the Sox were able to pull off a Salary dump in our favor.. The boss doesn't want to waste anymore money than needed.

I say sign him for 2 years and then trade for a C prospect.

We dumped Elo for Jose and received money.

We *didn't* sign Maggs because he was asking too much.

We dumped part of Billy Botch's salary on Florida

But these are the exception. We usually lose the salary dump.

I wish people will relax. To be clear and not implement myself. I find it much easier to type "Jap" than try to spell this guys name. Take no offense, and if you do, please relax. There are many more things for you guys to contemplate in life. Wait till you get older.

QUOTE(quickman @ Jan 6, 2005 -> 01:46 PM)
I wish people will relax. To be clear and not implement myself. I find it much easier to type "Jap" than try to spell this guys name. Take no offense, and if you do, please relax. There are many more things for you guys to contemplate in life. Wait till you get older.

The "old ones" just can't follow directions.. :ph34r:

:lolhitting

QUOTE(Texsox @ Jan 6, 2005 -> 01:45 PM)
Interesting that AJ is basically pulling the same stuff that Maggs pulled, but no one is calling him a greedy SOB and wishing we don't sign him for it. :banghead

Basically? Not even close. He didn't lie about a surgery. He didn't ask a team employee not to tell on him. He didn't turn down a long term extension. He didn't promise to turn over medical records, then didn't. He didn't promise to work out for teams, then didn't. He didn't claim to be working out, when he had just had a secret surgery days before. He didn't consult another agent a year before firing his own agent. But other than that I could see how it is close...

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jan 6, 2005 -> 01:53 PM)
Basically?  Not even close.  He didn't lie about a surgery.  He didn't ask a team employee not to tell on him.  He didn't turn down a long term extension.  He didn't promise to turn over medical records, then didn't.  He didn't promise to work out for teams, then didn't.  He didn't claim to be working out, when he had just had a secret surgery days before.  He didn't consult another agent a year before firing his own agent.  But other than that I could see how it is close...

LMAO!! :cheers