Score just reported Sox sign AJ

103 mph screwball

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Jan 7, 2005 -> 12:46 AM)
Not really, if you'd been around and see how we've folded the past few years, it was pretty damn predictable.

Once Maggs was on the shelf, I don't think many gave the Sox a shot and rightfully so.

I guess then the Red Sox would have lost once they were down 0-3 since if you have been around for 86 years, you know how they have folded in the past

:rolly

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Jan 6, 2005 -> 06:51 PM)
A pitcher who has been inconsistent for most of his career who may get hammered at the Cell?

From what I saw, after coming over in the trade last year, he wasn't exactly dynamite.

Don't get me wrong, I love Garcia.

But if I want to ask KW about the trade, you all can wait in line behind me with your love letters. :P

I love Garcia too, but he also has great streaks of being successful.

Vazquez wasn't exactly dynamite last year and he can compare to Garcia.

I don't need to ask KW about the trade. I don't love him, but i don't hate KW either.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Jan 7, 2005 -> 12:51 AM)
A pitcher who has been inconsistent for most of his career who may get hammered at the Cell?

From what I saw, after coming over in the trade last year, he wasn't exactly dynamite.

Don't get me wrong, I love Garcia.

But if I want to ask KW about the trade, you all can wait in line behind me with your love letters. :P

Yeah and Girlie is so consistent right? :rolly

QUOTE(Mr. Zero @ Jan 6, 2005 -> 07:51 PM)
Yeah, but Maggs went down like a month and a half after we traded for Garcia. When we traded for him we were contending. Yeah, sure, they're history shows nothing but folding, but if you really thought that they were done when they traded for Garcia, then I'd have to question the fact that you're a White Sox fan.

Maggs was hurt before the Garcia trade.

We got Garcia on June 27th.

Maggs missed about a month before the trade, then played 10 games after the trade in mid July and was done for the year.

QUOTE(sox-r-us @ Jan 6, 2005 -> 07:54 PM)
Yeah and Girlie is so consistent right?  :rolly

He'll be starting opening day, not Garcia.

Believe Buehrle's got a better career ERA, better WHIP and just as good if not better winning percentage than Frederick.

And he hasn't pitched his whole career in Safeco Park either, easily the best pitchers park in the majors.

QUOTE(Mr. Zero @ Jan 7, 2005 -> 12:42 AM)
Bruce Levine seems pissed off about this. He was going on and on about him being a massive cancer.

They had a clip of AJ talking and he said he never had a problem with any ChiSox players and that he has a lot of respect for them and that he also knows Frank and Buerhle.

You know what, I like what Bruce does for ESPN/Comcast, I like his knowledge, but f*** Bruce.

You know what, f*** the media too.

If this were the reversed situation (Sox/Cubs thing here for a minute) -- and the Cubs were the ones improving their team with all these moves and what-not, and all the Sox had done had made some minor moves -- everyone would be ripping the f*** out of this team.

Kenny Williams has a plan, whether or not you agree with that, that's besides the point. He wanted to improve his pitching staff, and make his team more speed/defense oriented, while still keeping some power. He's done that. He's solidified our bullpen with Vizcaino and Hermanson, made our pitching staff the best since '93/'94, he's made this team a bigger threat on the base paths with Podsednik, and he's improved our situation behind the plate with this latest signing.

Jim Hendry, on the other hand, has let a career year from Glendon Rusch earn him two million and, the Cubs will rely on him as a starter. He's resigned Nomar and Walker (both solid moves), and he's overpayed for Henry Blanco. Meanwhile, he's failed address the biggest problem of their s***ty bullpen. LaTroy Hawkins, Kyle Farnsworth -- that's all they have down there.

Way to go, Kenny. :cheers :headbang

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Jan 6, 2005 -> 06:56 PM)
Maggs was hurt before the Garcia trade.

We got Garcia on June 27th.

Maggs missed about a month before the trade, then played 10 games after the trade in mid July and was done for the year.

Maggs was on the 15 day DL and we all thought when he came back everything would be peachy.

Guess not. Even without Maggs and Frank, I still thought we had a shot at it. I'm just crazy like that.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jan 6, 2005 -> 06:58 PM)
You know what, I like what Bruce does for ESPN/Comcast, I like his knowledge, but f*** Bruce.

If this were the reversed situation (Sox/Cubs thing here for a minute) -- and the Cubs were the ones improving their team with all these moves and what-not, and all the Sox had done had made some minor moves -- everyone would be ripping the f*** out of this team.

Kenny Williams has a plan, whether or not you agree with that, that's besides the point.  He wanted to improve his pitching staff, and make his team more speed/defense oriented, while still keeping some power.  He's done that.  He's solidified our bullpen with Vizcaino and Hermanson, made our pitching staff the best since '93/'94, he's made this team a bigger threat on the base paths with Podsednik, and he's improved our situation behind the plate with this latest signing.

Jim Hendry, on the other hand, has let a career year from Glendon Rusch earn him two million and, the Cubs will rely on him as a starter.  He's resigned Nomar and Walker (both solid moves), and he's overpayed for Henry Blanco.  Meanwhile, he's failed address the biggest problem of their s***ty bullpen.  LaTroy Hawkins, Kyle Farnsworth -- that's all they have down there.

Way to go, Kenny.  :cheers  :headbang

I am usually not into media bashing, but rock on :headbang

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jan 7, 2005 -> 12:58 AM)

Kenny Williams has a plan, whether or not you agree with that, that's besides the point.  He wanted to improve his pitching staff, and make his team more speed/defense oriented, while still keeping some power.  He's done that.  He's solidified our bullpen with Vizcaino and Hermanson, made our pitching staff the best since '93/'94, he's made this team a bigger threat on the base paths with Podsednik, and he's improved our situation behind the plate with this latest signing.

Jim Hendry, on the other hand, has let a career year from Glendon Rusch earn him two million and, the Cubs will rely on him as a starter.  He's resigned Nomar and Walker (both solid moves), and he's overpayed for Henry Blanco.  Meanwhile, he's failed address the biggest problem of their s***ty bullpen.  LaTroy Hawkins, Kyle Farnsworth -- that's all they have down there.

Way to go, Kenny.  :cheers  :headbang

Nice post

QUOTE(SoxAce @ Jan 6, 2005 -> 08:01 PM)
So Buehrle would also be inconsistant right?

Look at the career numbers my friend and look where they have pitched.

One has pitched in Coors Jr, the other in SAFEco Park. (emphasis on the safety for pitchers.)

And yet, Buehrle has better numbers.

QUOTE(quickman @ Jan 6, 2005 -> 08:03 PM)
who cares about reed or garcia, its done, his point is could we have done the deal without Reed. That's it. That's what he will ask. The answer of course will be no.

Exactly, sorry I don't want to stand in line to offer KW a rimjob.

QUOTE(sox-r-us @ Jan 6, 2005 -> 08:02 PM)
Good job editing after being taken to school...next time, post your thoughts together

Good, funny stuff right there.

You really had no point so it wasn't hard to knock down your strawman theory.

garcia and buehrle are both top of the line starters, and they are both fairly young. lets not argue about whos better. that is one thing that we will see, with them both in the same rotation and support. this argument will be solved. lets get back to being happy we have another solid bat. dont forget how well lefties do in the cell. im putting him down for 15 HRs.

let's not forget, HE KNOWS THE TWINS AND THEIR PITCHING STAF BACK AND FORTH, UP AND DOWN, SIDE TO SIDE.

hell he prolly snuck a reach around or two on radtke (just kidding)

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Jan 7, 2005 -> 01:03 AM)
Look at the career numbers my friend and look where they have pitched.

One has pitched in Coors Jr, the other in SAFEco Park.  (emphasis on the safety for pitchers.)

And yet, Buehrle has better numbers.

Wrong again

The Cell has only become Coors junior last year after the renovations. It was not Coors junior before then.

And Girlie has had much better run support throughout his pitching career then Garcia, and still he has had similar win/loss over the last 4 years

Garcia's run support last year in Seattle was just brutal. He was 2-8 despite being top 5 in league in ERA during his Sea stint.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Jan 6, 2005 -> 08:05 PM)
On the whole Freddy, JReed situation, I think the deal pretty much had to be done, and KW set the team up in a pretty nice situation. KW knew when he made the trade that he would get Freddy locked up, and he did, for a nice amount of $$. Reed is never going to be a power guy(or at least not from what I have heard/seen) but more of a Kotsay type at best. Now I would be willing to bet the Pods deal is never made if Reed is still in the orgnazation, but an OF of Pods, Rowand and Reed isnt exactly going to use The Cell to there advantage.

I think with Pods coming here, with Rowand hopfully staying for a while, Reed isn't as needed as before.

Good post Tony, you make some good points.

I guess some people don't understand that it's okay to ask KW why Reed had to be included in the deal.

Was it necessity or were there other options available?

That's my main question to KW.

QUOTE(sox-r-us @ Jan 6, 2005 -> 08:06 PM)
Wrong again

The Cell has only become Coors junior last year after the renovations. It was not Coors junior before then.

And Girlie has had much better run support throughout his pitching career then Garcia, and still he has had similar win/loss over the last 4 years

Garcia's run support last year in Seattle was just brutal. He was 2-8 despite being top 5 in league in ERA during his Sea stint.

He also played on a team that won 116 games.

Did you care to offer that up?

QUOTE(SoxAce @ Jan 6, 2005 -> 07:01 PM)
So Buehrle would also be inconsistant right?

Why does he not realize nearly every single pitcher has a hand full of awful starts a year. Buehrle is not any different. I would like him to compose a list of better pitchers then buehrle over the last four years. Then laugh when he realizes there are not many on the list.