Live from soxfest 7-10 espn radio 1000

chisox2334

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Reinsdorf approves a baseball team assembled around speed/defense.

Manuel believed assembling a power club was essential in the American League.

Hangar18 questioned Reinsdorf on the 'fan perception' offseason moves were infact approved as cost-cutting measures. JR cited Minnesota's payroll in their division victory.

QUOTE(qwerty @ Jan 15, 2005 -> 02:56 AM)
He is no longer getting paid i believe. So his signing no longer affects us.

It doesn't effect us now, but this just makes the sox manaagment gun shy about signing young players to big payouts.He will not be here after this year.

i heard KW has the flu and isn't there tonight... does anyone know if he plans on being there at all this weekend? Because I think if he's there for a Q&A we will have a better clue on the Iguchi signing. I don't expect him to say "yes we will be signing him at 7:13 on Monday" or anything specific... but if it's still a possibility he'll go into his "under the radar" mode, however I think if he's ruled it out he will say so...

QUOTE(SoxFan562004 @ Jan 14, 2005 -> 09:03 PM)
i heard KW has the flu and isn't there tonight... does anyone know if he plans on being there at all this weekend?  Because I think if he's there for a Q&A we will have a better clue on the Iguchi signing.  I don't expect him to say "yes we will be signing him at 7:13 on Monday" or anything specific... but if it's still a possibility he'll go into his "under the radar" mode, however I think if he's ruled it out he will say so...

I didn't check the "official" Soxfest schedule, but he was scheduled for a Saturday Q&A session.

QUOTE(3E8 @ Jan 14, 2005 -> 09:11 PM)
According to Bruce, the Indians are a good bullpen pitcher away from winning the Central.

That very well could be true.

I hope they don't give Iguchi 3yrs. or 4-5mil. Not til he does something.

^^^That part was not supposed to be green.

They subtract a fine leadoff hitter in Lawton as well as lose Vizquel who had one of his better seasons offensively. I don't expect Victor Martinez to be as good as he was last year either. Rocky Rhodes, Millwood, and one more reliable bullpen guy would not win them the division.

QUOTE(3E8 @ Jan 15, 2005 -> 03:11 AM)
According to Bruce, the Indians are a good bullpen pitcher away from winning the Central.

Levine is an all around idiot. The Indians are solid but that rotation overachieved last year and won't Milwood isn't the answer for them. I don't think they'll even be as good as they were last year. Also I say give Taguchi the contract, I think he'd do really well here and he suits our needs.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Jan 14, 2005 -> 08:59 PM)
Joe Borchard joined Dickerson and Levine.

Sounds like a genuinely nice fellow.  Which is going to hurt even more when he begins 2005 in Charlotte.

Ya, he's a good guy during the opening ceremonies tonight I was worried he was going to get booed, got that a little but it wasn't to bad. I'll be going back down there tomorrow and stay at the hotel tomorrow night and be there sunday to, can't wait to go back had a great time tonight. Also is it true Freddy won't be there at all??