Marte/Harris for Castillo

soxmalone21

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A Gon?...what the f*** for?

QUOTE(Winnin Ugly @ Jan 17, 2005 -> 07:06 PM)
When I heard of this trade awhile ago I called a friend  who lives in Fla.. He has some pull since he works for one of the newspapers there  has an intern for the sports section..

He doesnt think that Fla will trade Castillo but he has heard that the Whitesox are intersted in Alex Gonzalez..

I will stay out of this one other than to say it makes quite a bit of sense the White Sox might be interested in Luis Castillo.

A lot of sense.

Heck, it seems like they've inquired about almost every 2B in the league. :bang

Lets face it, KW isn't done this offseason. He will either get a starting 2B or a utility infielder who can play 2B, 3B, and SS. I won't be surprised if KW tries to aquire Graffinino from KC. The Alex Gonzalez rumor sounds interesting as well. I wouldn't count out the Iguchi signing just yet...

I sense something happening within the next week or so.

The Alex Gonzalez thing doesn't make sense because of his stats, but whatever. That site does have a ton of trolls on it though because now another thread came up, and the poster said that there is a press conference at 2:00 about Magglio Ordonez and his retirement, so who knows about the credibility on that message board.

QUOTE(soxmalone21 @ Jan 17, 2005 -> 07:40 PM)
Cool, can you ask him if his source is true? Thanks.

All I know is what he posted there. I responded but he hasn't replied. But he's not the type of poster to start a bogus rumor. I believe he's had some contact w/ local sports writers in some capacity in the past.