Best Superbowl Commercials

Chisoxmatt

I enjoyed the Bud Light parachute and the Ameriquest convenience store commercials. I hate those cellphone headsets, that's happened to me a couple of times where some fool will be talking on his headset, which i don't see, and i'd start to respond to something they say before I realize what was really happening.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Feb 7, 2005 -> 12:11 PM)
Actually all that really did was reconfirm in my mind that Tom Cruise is overrated and overpayed.

Overpaid probably, overrated maybe, bad actor... NO!!!

His performance in Magnolia is one of the best, maybe the best small role I've ever seen. And like the Academy or not, 3 Oscar nominations is impressive.

QUOTE(KipWellsFan @ Feb 7, 2005 -> 01:30 PM)
Overpaid probably, overrated maybe, bad actor... NO!!!

His performance in Magnolia is one of the best, maybe the best small role I've ever seen.  And like the Academy or not, 3 Oscar nominations is impressive.

I never said he was a bad actor. :huh:

I think most of Cruise's movies are good. I really enjoyed collateral and minority report was rather cool. Same with Mission Impossible. I wouldn't call any of the flicks outstanding. Of course that one he did with Cameron Diaz was absolutely one of the worse pieces of crap I ever saw.

Hell, Days of Thunder is a pretty good movie, imo and of course Top Gun.

But personally I like Will Smith better, minus a couple movies (ie Wild Wild West) I enjoy pretty much everything he's done. I never did see Bagger Vance though and I didn't like the movie Ali, but I thought he did an oustanding acting job. I just thought the movie was boring.

I liked Vanilla Sky, but mainly because of the premise and not the acting.

Bagger Vance was amazing - I hated Ali. I had to fight to stay awake during that one also.

And folks.. "The Forgotten" ..... it should be forgotten. That is one crappy movie.

Nodaddy.com

Racy Ad Pulled After Super Bowl Airing

28 minutes ago

Add to My Yahoo! Television - AP

By SETH SUTEL, AP Business Writer

NEW YORK - A racy ad for a vendor of Web site names was pulled at the last minute from a second showing during the Super Bowl telecast on Sunday after NFL executives objected that the spot made light of Janet Jackson (news)'s "wardrobe malfunction" incident in last year's halftime show.

The ad for GoDaddy.com Inc. featured a buxom woman appearing before a "broadcast censorship" hearing making her case that she wanted to appear in a commercial, when suddenly she suffers a malfunction of her own as a strap breaks on her already skimpy top.

One of the elderly committee members reaches for an oxygen mask, while a woman suggests that the woman put on a turtleneck. The logo of the fake news channel was "G-Spin," and the hearings were supposedly being held in Salem, Mass., the town made famous by witch trials.

Although the spot was initially approved by Fox executives prior to airing, a decision was made during broadcast not to air the spot a second time later in the game. Brian McCarthy, a spokesman for the NFL, said that the NFL's chief operating officer, Roger Godell, expressed his "disappointment" to Fox executives after seeing the first airing of the ad.

McCarthy said the NFL had not reviewed the ad prior to its airing, and was not aware that it had been scheduled to be repeated later in the game. "We questioned why a spot of that nature was in the game," McCarthy said, noting its "inappropriateness" and the fact that it referred to last year's incident.

Jon Nesvig, the president of advertising sales for Fox Broadcasting Co., a division of News Corp., said in a statement that when the commercial ran in the first half, "it became obvious to us that its content was very much out of step with the tenor set by the other ads and programming broadcast by Fox on Super Bowl Sunday, so Fox made the decision to drop its repeat airing."

A spokesman for Fox declined to elaborate beyond the statement. Fox had already rejected a second ad from GoDaddy.com prior to the broadcast.

McCarthy said that the NFL had several conversations with Fox in the weeks leading up to the game in order to "make sure that the overall presentation of Super Bowl Sunday would be suitable for a mass audience. ... That's why we questioned this particular content."

The NFL was determined not to have a repeat of last year's complaints over the Janet Jackson halftime incident, in which her breast was exposed after singer Justin Timberlake (news) ripped off a piece of her costume.

Warren Adelman, chief operating officer of GoDaddy.com, said the company was "very disappointed" that the ad was pulled, and received no advance warning from Fox. The Scottsdale, Ariz.-based company is still in discussions with Fox about what kind of restitution would be made, he said.

"The irony is that a parody of censorship was itself censored," Adelman said.