PATTI IS GAY!!!!!!!!!!!&#3

santo=dorf

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Feb 20, 2005 -> 07:21 PM)
If anyone still watches the Simpsons anymore, they would've just seen that Patti came out of the closet

Yeah, I tuned in to expect Ned Flanders. Complete ripoff. The entire episode was terrible. Simpsons need to continue creating outrageous adventures, and stay away from political topics.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Feb 20, 2005 -> 07:40 PM)
Yeah, I tuned in to expect Ned Flanders.  Complete ripoff.  The entire episode was terrible.  Simpsons needs to continue creating outrageous adventures, and stay away from political topics.

conan.jpg

He is the only man that can save the Simpsons /wasformerwriter

QUOTE(CubKilla @ Feb 20, 2005 -> 11:42 PM)
Yep. Time to finish the Series. Any "Simpson's" fan knew it wouldn't be the obvious..... Smithers..... but one of the sis's of Marge..... in this case, Patty.

Kill it on a high note M. Groenig!!!!!

Simpsons will be around until ratings plummit. I doubt Groening will cut loose this show to preserve the integrity of his creation. It's been violated far too many times. Possibly the best indications of this are the "Armen Tazarian" spinoff, or the clipshow where "Have no fear, we have stories for years...." is melodied from Billy Joe's tune.. FOX will continue shoving money down his throat while the cow is still producing.

Honestly, you have to wonder how many original episodes can there be. Where's the incentive for viewers to continue watching new episodes? Simpsons strong viweing base lies on its 18+ demographic; ideally viewers which grew up alongside the series. Writers need to build off such classic episodes as "Who Shot Mr. Burns;" where buzz was circulating and viewership reached its high point. Problem is there are few, if any, mysteries remaining on the show. Writers need to heed their own advice (poochie episode) and create a new character.

For all the crap recycled on FOX, watching mediocre Simpsons episodes isn't really that bad. Still can't believe Futurama was shipped to Cartoon Network, or Family Guy's return took nearly 4 years.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Feb 20, 2005 -> 11:55 PM)
Simpsons will be around until ratings plummit.  I doubt Groening will cut loose this show to preserve the integrity of his creation. It's been violated far too many times. Possibly the best indications of this are the "Armen Tazarian" spinoff, or the clipshow where "Have no fear, we have stories for years...." is melodied from Billy Joe's tune.. FOX will continue shoving money down his throat while the cow is still producing. 

Honestly, you have to wonder how many original episodes can there be.  Where's the incentive for viewers to continue watching new episodes? Simpsons strong viweing base lies on its 18+ demographic; ideally viewers which grew up alongside the series. Writers need to build off such classic episodes as "Who Shot Mr. Burns;" where buzz was circulating and viewership reached its high point.  Problem is there are few, if any, mysteries remaining on the show.  Writers need to heed their own advice (poochie episode) and create a new character.

For all the crap recycled on FOX, watching mediocre Simpsons episodes isn't really that bad.  Still can't believe Futurama was shipped to Cartoon Network, or Family Guy's return took nearly 4 years.

IIRC, FOX actually owns the rights to the Simpsons, not Groening. And I also believe that Groening's refusal to sell the rights to Futurama was a huge deciding factor in the reason it got booted to CN.

I didn’t see the episode last night, though I do have to admit that I’m surprised Patti is gay. The Simpsons just don’t get my attention any more. They try to hard to make the show funny, but they obviously fail. Now they’re saying that they’re going to end the show by putting the Simpsons on the big screen? :puke

BTW, Conan needs to come back!

I am one of those freaks that still thinks the Simpsons is hysterical.

My wife and I laugh and laugh at every new episode and reruns.

I think it has effected my son, too.

He hit his head playing this weekend and said "D'OH!"

true.

Edited by RibbieRubarb

I haven't seen a Simpsons episode in like 3 years. They f***ing suck. I think the downfall was when they decided to kill off Maude Flanders. After that episode Homer started getting really f***ing stupid and the Simpsons made it a point to see how many stupid f***ing Guest Stars they could have on the show. The Simpson's suck now.

QUOTE(CrimsonWeltall @ Feb 21, 2005 -> 12:42 PM)
You can only go so many years with ZERO character development.

OK, Homer is dumb, Bart is a troublemaker, Lisa is a know-it-all, etc

WE GET IT.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

If you ask me, the success of the show has a great deal to do with character development. If you look at TV trends, I don't know if they are cartoons, sitcoms, whatever, the introduction of new character often brings about the demise of the show. The Simpsons have not introduced any new characters within the last 8-10 years. You're not the world's longest running cartoon, or TV show or whatever they won, for no reason.

Let's brainstorm; name some shows that bottomed out with the introduction of new characters.