Ha ha

lvjeremylv

Here's what really sucks in all this. Let's say, for example, Frank comes into camp 15 pounds lighter because the extra bulk was slowing down the healing process with his ankle. Tongues wag all over MLB.

I am not going to believe anyone was juiced just based on weight loss. I'm willing to give everyone one of these guys, except Bonds, Giambi, Sheffield (all admitted) and Sosa because, well, he's Sosa. :sosasucks the benefit of the doubt. Innocent until proven guilty.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Texsox @ Feb 21, 2005 -> 06:48 PM)
All around the league, fans are pointing to players on other teams and claiming that guy who lost weight was on the juice; while *my* guy just needed to drop a couple pounds, he was flabby, etc. What's a guy in Minnesota suppose to think about the new slimmer, trimmer Carl. The same guy who was so moody all those seasons? Hmmm. The guy stops working out so hard and gains a few pounds of flab where muscle was and the world has him on the steroids.

Tex -- why in the hell would I-Rod drop weight after having the season he did in Detroit?

And, if Carl was on 'roids, he sure as hell wasted his money, because he was a real fatass lasts season. Roids usually enhances ones performance, and I doubt that Carl was enhanced at all last season...

QUOTE(Texsox @ Feb 21, 2005 -> 10:48 AM)
All around the league, fans are pointing to players on other teams and claiming that guy who lost weight was on the juice; while *my* guy just needed to drop a couple pounds, he was flabby, etc. What's a guy in Minnesota suppose to think about the new slimmer, trimmer Carl. The same guy who was so moody all those seasons? Hmmm. The guy stops working out so hard and gains a few pounds of flab where muscle was and the world has him on the steroids.

Like I said..contract year. Carl knows he's going to actually have a shot to play this year in light of the uncertain return date of Frank, so he wants to be able to get out there and make the most of it and cash in one final time in his baseball career.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Feb 21, 2005 -> 01:44 PM)
Tex -- why in the hell would I-Rod drop weight after having the season he did in Detroit?

And, if Carl was on 'roids, he sure as hell wasted his money, because he was a real fatass lasts season.  Roids usually enhances ones performance, and I doubt that Carl was enhanced at all last season...

I don't know, he's been fighting with his wife and doesn't eat when he's stressed, he's getting older and isn't comfortable with the extra weight, he's working out less and enjoying the sunset of his career. We can convict anyone of we try hard enough. Frank tore a bicep muscle. Who tears bicep muscles except guys on juice? Frank has been somewhat moody throught his career! (I don't for a moment believe Frank has ever used steroids, just pointing out how easy it is to convict someone)

All I'm saying is rushing to judgement isn't something I want to do. Feel free to choose in your mind whose juiced and who isn't. I've decided that speculation isn't something I want to do.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Feb 21, 2005 -> 07:49 PM)
I don't know, he's been fighting with his wife and doesn't eat when he's stressed, he's getting older and isn't comfortable with the extra weight, he's working out less and enjoying the sunset of his career. We can convict anyone of we try hard enough. Frank tore a bicep muscle. Who tears bicep muscles except guys on juice? Frank has been somewhat moody throught his career! (I don't for a moment believe Frank has ever used steroids, just pointing out how easy it is to convict someone)

All I'm saying is rushing to judgement isn't something I want to do. Feel free to choose in your mind whose juiced and who isn't.  I've decided that speculation isn't something I want to do.

I agree with your post about speculation, but Thomas' injury was really a freak incident and shouldn't be used anywhere near the argument of him being on steroids...

QUOTE(Texsox @ Feb 21, 2005 -> 11:49 AM)

All I'm saying is rushing to judgement isn't something I want to do. Feel free to choose in your mind whose juiced and who isn't.  I've decided that speculation isn't something I want to do.

It's not really speculation in the case of Ivan Rodriguez. There's a standing statement by Canseco that he introduced him to steroids. So, you either believe Canseco or you don't - it's not really speculation.

And someone said that I-Rod has pretty much looked the same throughout his career. Well, Canseco maintains that he introduced him to steroids in 1992 - his first full season on the majors.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Feb 21, 2005 -> 11:45 AM)
You lost 23 pounds??? I;m gonna try that...I already drink a lot of water but I don't drink beer. I want to lose at least 10 lbs before my 1st game (late March.)

yeah well pro baseball players arent living on taco bell and beer, they are already in good physical shape, and dont just lose weight like that. Especially 22 lbs, thats alot of weight to drop. Im sure we will see many players come to camp alot lighter than last year.

QUOTE(lvjeremylv @ Feb 21, 2005 -> 01:55 PM)
Wasn't it his tricep?

It was one of those. Freakish injury as I recall, very suspicious. Sammy sneezes and blows out his back, haven't steroids been whispered to have played a role in such a freak injury??

Bottom line. Canseco is out to sell books. I've heard several contradictions in what he wrote then what he said. I believe his allegations are somewhere between 10% and 100% correct. Since I don't believe he is 100% accurate, and have no real way to determine which statements are false (Clemens? Alvarez?) I choose not to believe any of them.

Edited by Texsox

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Feb 21, 2005 -> 07:34 PM)
He had some pudge on his body.  Guys that juice get a pudgy face, but the body  usually remains cut and leaner.

Thats not true at all. Hulk Hogan, Jason Giambi, Lyle Alzado, need I say more? None of them were trim in the wasteline or necessarily "cut".

QUOTE(jackie hayes @ Feb 21, 2005 -> 05:12 PM)
Bingo.  I've reacted to YAS many ways.  But never with pity before now...  :D

Oh, that was a very temporary thing. The problem is that I did this about five years ago. I'm starting to have to consider taking such drastic steps again.