Bulls Vs. Heat

Kalapse

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess i've learned to accept the fact that Eddy will never be a great or even good rebounder. Just something we have to live with. His talent is his big time scoring ability. I also think his defense has been much improved, even Hinrich mentioned that one of the main reasons the Bulls have been so good defensively is because of Eddy.

QUOTE(qwerty @ Feb 22, 2005 -> 10:10 PM)
If gordon keeps doing what he is doing. Can you still sit him?

Unless he learns how to defend PGs in the NBA, yes. Ben looks like he is going to be able to play a Vinnie Johnson type roll in the NBA and that is fine by me. The guy is instant offense. Hopefully in his maturation, Skiles can imbed some defensive principles and techniques in him, then Ben will get 40 minutes a night.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Feb 23, 2005 -> 07:11 AM)
Unless he learns how to defend PGs in the NBA, yes.  Ben looks like he is going to be able to play a Vinnie Johnson type roll in the NBA and that is fine by me.  The guy is instant offense.  Hopefully in his maturation, Skiles can imbed some defensive principles and techniques in him, then Ben will get 40 minutes a night.

Well i know that if defense was so important to most coaches third string guys would be the starters on most teams. Since alot of the good offensive players are not exactly very good on defense.

QUOTE(qwerty @ Feb 23, 2005 -> 01:49 PM)
Well i know that if defense was so important to most coaches third string guys would be the starters on most teams. Since alot of the good offensive players are not exactly very good on defense.

Ben isn't even "not exactly very good on defense" or he would be getting 40 minutes a night. Plain and simple. It doesn't do any good to score 25 a night when you give up 35 on the other end of the floor. It is the same reason that Tyson Chandler is in a game during the stretch run, and Eddy Curry is on the bench waving a towel.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Feb 23, 2005 -> 01:52 PM)
Ben isn't even "not exactly very good on defense" or he would be getting 40 minutes a night.  Plain and simple.  It doesn't do any good to score 25 a night when you give up 35 on the other end of the floor.  It is the same reason that Tyson Chandler is in a game during the stretch run, and Eddy Curry is on the bench waving a towel.

Gordon's defense or lack there of is blown out of proportion. So has nowitzki's defense up until this year. Reason being is their offense is just that much superior to their defense. You telling me you won't start nowitzki because of his supposedly bad defense? Whoever tells me that is insane. Look at who we started at center all last year and his excellent defense. Gordon has two real problems. One he gets posted up and so do hinrich/duhon. He always stays in front of whoever he is guarding. Not like he is getting burned to the basket all the time. What i am asking from gordon is to stay in front of the defender and get a hand in people's faces. Which he does.

With gordon skiles has too much of a short leash. Gordon misses three shots he sits for 14 minutes. Hinrich goes 4-19 he plays 43 minutes. No one can use the excuse that he was left in there because he was doing a good job against wade since wade was superior in every aspect of the game last night.

Edited by qwerty

I'm not a big Hinrich fan, so you won't get much arguement out of me there. The one thing he does well is distribute the ball. But he plays OK defense, his big problem being he gets caught a step behind and has to take flops to try to draw calls. As a shooter, he takes much better shots than Gordon does (he doesn't force anything) but he just is an awful shooter.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Feb 23, 2005 -> 02:15 PM)
I'm not a big Hinrich fan, so you won't get much arguement out of me there.  The one thing he does well is distribute the ball.  But he plays OK defense, his big problem being he gets caught a step behind and has to take flops to try to draw calls. As a shooter, he takes much better shots than Gordon does (he doesn't force anything) but he just is an awful shooter.

Hinrich is known as being one of the best perimeter defenders in the nba. Also, hinrich takes much better shots than gordon? :lolhitting Whenever he drives he just throws the ball up at the rim hoping it goes in. Gordon on the other hand has a clue of where the rim is. Gordon has had a few questionable shots but i am willing to say he takes better shots ( not forcing anything).

QUOTE(qwerty @ Feb 23, 2005 -> 02:26 PM)
Hinrich is known as being one of the best perimeter defenders in the nba. Also, hinrich takes much better shots than gordon? :lolhitting Whenever he drives he just throws the ball up at the rim hoping it goes in. Gordon on the other hand has a clue of where the rim is. Gordon has had a few questionable shots but i am willing to say he takes better shots ( not forcing anything).

The only time Hinrich throws up s***, is at the end of a shot clock, because he most likely has the ball. Gordon on the other hand can throw up some crazy s***, and that's usually what ends him up on the bench. Heck there were a couple of shots in OT that we nuts. One he didn't even manage to hit rim on. Hinrich is very much a pass first, shoot second kind of guy. And he is definately not a guard who can create his own shot. Most of his shots come from the perimeter on kickouts from the post, and most of the time he can't even hit those looks.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Feb 23, 2005 -> 02:30 PM)
Hinrich is very much a pass first, shoot second kind of guy. 

Don't think you can call him that. When i think of pass first guards i think of brevin knight, t.j. ford, etc. He leads the team in shots per game which is a joke. Not saying it is his fault he is just doing what he is told to do i assume. But deng, curry, gordon, pike, whoever all need to start taking some shots away from him.

QUOTE(qwerty @ Feb 23, 2005 -> 02:50 PM)
Don't think you can call him that. When i think of pass first guards i think of brevin knight, t.j. ford, etc. He leads the team in shots per game which is a joke. Not saying it is his fault he is just doing what he is told to do i assume. But deng, curry, gordon, pike, whoever all need to start taking some shots away from him.

No doubt someone else needs to shoot. The problem is the whole league knows he can't even hit wide open jumpers so they double off of him onto the legit scorers. He gets so many wide open looks, plus he plays way more minutes than anyone else, so he ends up leading the team in shots.