Around The Majors

QUOTE(Soxnbears01 @ Jun 6, 2005 -> 08:01 PM)
you seriously think the white sox would trade their franchise player in the middle of a pennant race?

NO but if you believe what you hear in the Media then yes.

• Replies 871
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 6, 2005 -> 08:04 PM)
NO but if you believe what you hear in the Media then yes.

and obviously we should all believe what the media says.

it ain't happening.

How about a three-way deal, where we send Paul Konerko to the Mets for a top prospect (Petit -- isn't that the kid's name), Petit's sent to Tampa Bay along with Sean Tracey, and we get back Aubrey Huff? :D

Ok, wishful thinking.

Anyways, Andy Marte, the Braves 3rd-base stud prospect is getting called up 'cause Chipper Jones is going on the DL. I'll have to catch a Braves game sometime this week.

Speaking of another Reds' player...

They are really pissing off Adam Dunn a whole lot -- time to arrange a three-way trade that sends Konerko packing, and Adam Dunn to Chicago... (Got this from BTF)

Anyways, the story is from the Dayton Daily News (Link, registration required). Here's the jist of it:

The red '32' Danny Graves jersey that Adam Dunn hung on the clubhouse wall near his locker was gone. And Dunn isn't happy about it. When he put it up, in honor of his departed friend and teammate, Dunn said, "If that goes, I go."

Asked if it were removed in his absence, Dunn said, "You don't think anybody would be brave to take it down in front of me, do you? It was gone when we came back from the trip."

A few days ago, Miley had two massage recliners owned by Dunn and Ken Griffey Jr. removed from in front of their lockers and they now gather dust in the clubhouse chapel.

Time to swoop him up, Kenny!

What in the hell is going on down there in Cincinatti? The offense clearly ain't the problem. You want to confiscate all luxury items owned by the pitching staff, not the position players.

1. Ryan Freel 152 AB/.316 AVG/880 OPS/425 OBP

2. Felipe Lopez 167 AB/.300 AVG/880 OPS/353 OBP

3. Sean Casey 207 AB/.319 AVG/814 OPS/374 OBP

4. Adam Dunn 186 AB/15 HR/958 OPS/398 OBP

5. Ken Griffey 208 AB/39 RBI/823 OPS/342 OBP

6. Joe Randa 195 AB/.297 AVG/860 OPS/367 OBP

7. Willy Mo Pena 57 AB/.333 AVG/1244 OPS/367 OBP

8. Jason Larue 133 AB/340 OBP

Team OBP At Home: .333

Team OBP On The Road: .340

Team Pitching At Home: 5.55 ERA/1.59 WHIP/.304 BAA

Team Pitching On The Road: 6.06 ERA/1.72 WHIP/.313 BAA

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Jun 9, 2005 -> 05:03 PM)
Yep, just like you said that Joel Pineiro was a better pitcher than Freddy Garcia. :lol: You're not always right either, qwerty.

Pineiro is coming of an injury and he hasn't recovered from it. Pineiro is also younger and cheaper than garcia. I think he has the potential to be a better pitcher in the future than garcia nearly the identical career wise. Another thing i am not comfortable with about garcia is his velocity loss... thankfully it has not hurt him much yet.

Wow, Wilson Valdez is now a Padre...

http://sandiego.padres.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/...xt=.jsp&c_id=sd

Minor deal: The Padres picked up shortstop Wilson Valdez in a trade with the Mariners, sending Minor League right-handers Michael Bumstead and R.D. Spiehs to Seattle in the deal. Valdez will be assigned to Triple-A Portland.

How many teams will Wilson Valdez be on this season? White Sox, Mets, Mariners, Padres... :wacko:

Edited by Jabroni

.303/.359/.434

Shea Hillenbrand's line, so far this year. Of course, I'm not expecting the Sox to get him, just looking at potential options. 'Cause if we upgrade, I'd think it'll be at one of the IF corners, third or first.

If we can get Danks signed, I'm very much inclined to offer Anderson, Tracey and say Wes Whisler up for Adam Dunn, and see what the Dan O' Brien thinks about that. They need young starters BADLY, and we're pretty well stocked with em, so something could definitely happen there.

And of course there's the whole Eric Milton thing. I guess O' Brien didn't go to Offering Big Contracts to Bad Players 101.

.303/.359/.434

Shea Hillenbrand's line, so far this year.  Of course, I'm not expecting the Sox to get him, just looking at potential options.  'Cause if we upgrade, I'd think it'll be at one of the IF corners, third or first.

Hillenbrand would be a great trade target. He could play 3rd base for us this season and then we could move him to 1st base and dump Konerko after the season is over. I thought he was a butcher at 3rd base but he made some nice plays against us in that series at Toronto.

If we can get Danks signed, I'm very much inclined to offer Anderson, Tracey and say Wes Whisler up for Adam Dunn, and see what the Dan O' Brien thinks about that. They need young starters BADLY, and we're pretty well stocked with em, so something could definitely happen there.

And of course there's the whole Eric Milton thing. I guess O' Brien didn't go to Offering Big Contracts to Bad Players 101.

Since he probably won't be signing, we'd be better off giving up some average prospects for Randa. He is tearing it up.

Edited by Jabroni

Intersting note from todays StarTribune

Bullpen watch

The Twins' bullpen has thrown 142 innings this season, third-fewest in the majors behind Houston and the White Sox. The Twins likely would have the fewest bullpen innings if not for a recent run of extra-inning games.

It bodes well for late in the season. Twins starters are second behind the White Sox with 3792/3 innings. Since the starters are pitching deep into games, the bullpen won't be worn out.

And scouts at this week's series against the Diamondbacks predicted that the wild card will come out of the A.L. Central because the Twins and White Sox have the deepest pitching in baseball

http://www.startribune.com/stories/509/5449591.html

QUOTE(DonkeyKongerko @ Jun 11, 2005 -> 12:11 AM)
Arizona has just completed blowing an 11-2 lead maybe slightly news worthy.  The comeback team: Kansas City definitely makes this worth reporting.  It's now 11-11.

:lolhitting The royals under buddy bell aint that bad.

JP Howell makes his major league debut for Kansas City tonight. He went to Texas and was drafted last year, making him the third (or is it fourth?) player from the 2004 draft to make the bigs.

I really wanted him to fall to us, unfortunately, he didn't (oh well, we got Gio instead). Would've been real nice to get both of the lefties, but whatever... He does have a mean curve (Howell), though -- compared to Zito's, IIRC.

Cubs/Marlins series coming up in Chi-Town tomorrow. The Fish return to Wrigley. 2 night games and a day game. I like Florida's chances. Here's the pitching matchups.

Dontrelle Willis, LHP (10-2, 2.13) @ John Koronka, LHP (1-1, 5.73)

Josh Beckett, RHP (7-4, 3.13) @ Sergio Mitre, RHP (1-1, 4.88)

A.J. Burnett, RHP (3-4, 3.09) @ Greg Maddux, RHP (5-3, 4.11)

Edited by -Fish Fan-

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jun 12, 2005 -> 06:32 PM)
Eric Chavez goes 5-for-5 with 4 RBI's.

I guess he was poppin' roids before the game, huh?

I am so happy I didn't trade him in my fantasy league. Luckily a couple weeks ago someone got fed up with the s***ty play of Aramis Ramirez and released him. I was right there to pick him up the second he was released. The day after I added Ramirez he hit a HR that started a monster hotstreak and now that Chavez is playing well I have one play third and the other is my UTIL guy. It's a beautiful thing.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Jun 10, 2005 -> 12:27 AM)

That's one heck of a package there DBAHO, I don't think the Reds would find a much better package anywhere else. Anyways I'd still do that trade getting Adam Dunn would be outstanding, that being said Pauly is going to be the first baseman this year and the outfield is set as well. As long as Dunn remains a red for the remainder of the season look for him to be talked abot a ton around here in the offseason.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jun 12, 2005 -> 12:09 PM)
JP Howell makes his major league debut for Kansas City tonight.  He went to Texas and was drafted last year, making him the third (or is it fourth?) player from the 2004 draft to make the bigs.

I really wanted him to fall to us, unfortunately, he didn't (oh well, we got Gio instead).  Would've been real nice to get both of the lefties, but whatever...  He does have a mean curve (Howell), though -- compared to Zito's, IIRC.

My Dad was at that game, said he looked very good, 8 strikeouts a very nice first outing.

Hopefully Lumsden does come on though (since he has been injured), but right now Howell looks the better pick for sure.