ST stats

LosMediasBlancas

Crede at .179 and that swing still looks long to me.

Harris at .194 - here is a guy who needed to have a good spring and it's not happening.

For guys like this who are under the microscope, spring training results are more important than for, say, Paul Konerko. Crede and Harris are both under pressure. If these results are indicative of how they perform under pressure, that's a problem.

No one should overreact to spring training stats or results but neither of these guys look good to me at this point.

QUOTE(JimH @ Mar 23, 2005 -> 10:57 AM)

Harris at .194 - here is a guy who needed to have a good spring and it's not happening.

For guys like this who are under the microscope, spring training results are more important than for, say, Paul Konerko.  Crede and Harris are both under pressure.  If these results are indicative of how they perform under pressure, that's a problem.

No one should overreact to spring training stats or results but neither of these guys look good to me at this point.

Thank God we got Iguchi...Harris is a utility player....and Crede is so dissappointing. I still want him to start this year, but it might not be long before 'he gone'

QUOTE(JimH @ Mar 23, 2005 -> 09:57 AM)

For guys like this who are under the microscope, spring training results are more important than for, say, Paul Konerko.  Crede and Harris are both under pressure.  If these results are indicative of how they perform under pressure, that's a problem.

Nor to me either. They both look like they are about to washout. Hope they find their "A" games once the season starts.

Nor to me either. They both look like they are about to washout. Hope they find their "A" games once the season starts.

I hope so as well.

My guess is the White Sox won't have a whole bunch of patience with either guy once the regular season starts. That's assuming Harris is still here by 4/4.

Seems like the biggest problem with both of these guys is between the ears.

QUOTE(JimH @ Mar 23, 2005 -> 09:57 AM)

Jeez Jim, excellent post! Took the words right outta my mouth.

Crede's swing still looks awfully long to me as well. I know Walk put in that small leg kick to try and take the hitch out of his swing, but so far, I have yet to see it. His swing is all goofed up. Personally, I feel he is on a short leash as it is. I think he has half a year to turn things around. Come the All-Star break and Crede is hitting .230 with 10HR, he's going to find that seat getting hotter and hotter. Then, He Gawn!

As for Wee Willie: we have a perfet example of a guy not sensing the pressure from Iguchi. He should have known he was under the microscope and simply has not preformed. He talks the talk in all the interviews: "I'm not mad at Iguchi," "I'm just hoping for the best for the team," "I want to do whatever I can to help," but, no compeition. What gives? In case you haven't noticed, it's time to turn it on Big Guy.

In my estimation, Harris doesn't have the same leash Crede has. If he doesn't seriously get on track in the next couple of weeks, he'll start the year in another uniform (whether it says Charlotte on it or not).

I've been watching Iguchi very closely.

Despite the occasional misstep, he knows what he's doing. He's fundamentally sound and can work the count.

He'll continue to have adjustment issues all year and will run into a couple of slumps for sure. In addition, his arm is average in my estimation. In terms of range, he doesn't have Harris' ability.

But this guy looks like a very solid, workmanlike player. He will help the team win and I like the way he turns the double play.

I'm trying to be as fair and objective as I can on this issue because it's known that I'm not a Harris fan. But if Harris is on the team (to me, debateable) I will root for him to do well.

Again, my opinion here, but Iguchi clearly appears to be a better ballplayer than Harris. I do not expect Iguchi to be an All Star but IMO he'll be very solid for 4-5 years. Willie Harris to me looks like he is still mentally screwed up. This division will be very competitive and the White Sox cannot afford guys who have "issues".

By the way ... no way do I see Iguchi at SS ... not enough arm. Ozuna's arm I would say is average to slightly above and his arm is for sure better than Iguchi's.

On Ozuna ... this guy is not afraid, he is hardnosed. I can see why they brought him in. He's making the most of his chance and personally I like guys who do that. There are no doubts in my mind as to his ability to play 2B, SS, and 3B. Unless there's a trade providing a clear upgrade, I would be shocked if he doesn't make the team based on performance. He looks like an absolute world beater compared to Wilson Valdez.

QUOTE(T R U @ Mar 23, 2005 -> 12:05 PM)
anyone else notice how good Hermanson has been this spring? Hasnt allowed a run yet, I wasnt aware..

I havent seen anyone mention this anywhere else

From what little I've seen of him, he looks great. I think he will be taking innings away from Cliff. I just hope that 3 game suspension doesn't hold up.

Crede, with his 4-4 today, should definitely be over the Mendoza line. Probably Harris as well, who was 1-4 and was hitting .194 coming in.

Sox announcers were discussing Harris at length today ... consensus ... there are issues between the ears.

Offman from the Score said the Sox utility situation is still very much up in the air, he named Harris, Burke, Borchard, Ozuna.

Ozuna had two more hits today, he was 2-2.

Crede, with his 4-4 today, should definitely be over the Mendoza line.  Probably Harris as well, who was 1-4 and was hitting .194 coming in.

Sox announcers were discussing Harris at length today ... consensus ... there are issues between the ears.

Offman from the Score said the Sox utility situation is still very much up in the air, he named Harris, Burke, Borchard, Ozuna.

Ozuna had two more hits today, he was 2-2.

Offman actually said that Borchard has a shot at making our roster? Come on...

Offman actually said that Borchard has a shot at making our roster?  Come on...

Actually no, his remarks were more in the context of the Sox are trying to figure out what they can do with Borchard.

DJ and Melton discussed Borchard today, and said he is doing quite a bit better, and sometimes a player who is roadblocked in one organization needs to be moved to another to get a chance. I wonder if they know something. Melton said the Sox have been patient with Borchard and it was his personal opinion that he'd like to see Borchard turn the corner in the White Sox organization.

I think it's simple ... either they get a good trade offer for him, or he goes to Charlotte.

QUOTE(JimH @ Mar 23, 2005 -> 08:11 PM)
Actually no, his remarks were more in the context of the Sox are trying to figure out what they can do with Borchard.

DJ and Melton discussed Borchard today, and said he is doing quite a bit better, and sometimes a player who is roadblocked in one organization needs to be moved to another to get a chance.  I wonder if they know something.  Melton said the Sox have been patient with Borchard and it was his personal opinion that he'd like to see Borchard turn the corner in the White Sox organization.

I think it's simple ... either they get a good trade offer for him, or he goes to Charlotte.

I think we have to realize that a trade can be a good thing for a player. As much of a trooper as Joe has been, I honestly believe the Sox would look to give him an opportunity to succeed. In reality, he has no chance of ever being a starter for this team. They have too many OFer and top notch prospects, and they don't have the ABs to give him anymore.

Even though Joe's numbers aren't great this spring minus the homeruns his swing from the left side looks much better, it's much shorter and quicker then it's been in past years. However 2k5 is probably right in this instance, maybe a change of scenery would do Joe some good, whatever team he's on I'll be rooting for him.

Even though Joe's numbers aren't great this spring minus the homeruns his swing from the left side looks much better, it's much shorter and quicker then it's been in past years.  However 2k5 is probably right in this instance, maybe a change of scenery would do Joe some good, whatever team he's on I'll be rooting for him.

Borchard was 2 for 2 with a double and a single today so his ST average is up to .257! :lol:

Edited by Jabroni