Official Twinkies Suck Thread

chimpy2121

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Antonio Osuna @ Jul 7, 2005 -> 09:39 PM)
He was once a bench player for the Sox. He then left us as a FA to play for the Royals, who gave him about $500,000 more.

Ahhh.

There is no excuse for losng to the Royals. They are a bunch of AA ballplayers..and Jose Lima

QUOTE(Antonio Osuna @ Jul 7, 2005 -> 08:38 PM)
Terrence Long GIDP with the bases loaded...is now 0-5 for the day.

8-3 isn't a safe lead against the Twins. They'll be down only 10 games within a few innings, given KC's terribleness.

My hunch about you was correct. I hope you don't bring the same crap to this site that you brought to wsi.

Is it me or have the Twins completely lost steam.!!

They are losing to teams they SHOULD be beating. And TOrri is going wacko..LOL!

Your thoughts! please Discuss :cheers

The Twins are a second-half team. They will charge out of the All-Star Break, and we better hope that we sweep Oakland and have a big lead, or we'll get overwhelmed.

We need to win at least 1/3 of our remaining games against the Twins (assuming our lead holds until August); we have that luxury because we've been playing other teams better than they have. But if that starts to get equalized and, come August 15, the difference in the division is just 5 games or less, it's going to be tough.

QUOTE(Antonio Osuna @ Jul 7, 2005 -> 09:39 PM)
He was once a bench player for the Sox. He then left us as a FA to play for the Royals, who gave him about $500,000 more.

Um... he was given the starting job. Money was not the reason he left.

QUOTE(RibbieRubarb @ Jul 14, 2005 -> 09:39 PM)
Why would Gardenhire start Boone in the 3-hole??

He hasn't hit well all year.

Why put that pressure on him?

Oh well...Good for us.

found out why. From the Star Trib

Boone allowed to pick his spot

La Velle E. Neal III, Star Tribune

July 15, 2005 TWIN0715.NOTES

With Seattle, Bret Boone had 123 at-bats in the No. 5 slot and 147 at-bats as the No. 6 hitter this season.

Then he walked into Twins manager Ron Gardenhire's office on Thursday.

"Boonie, where do you want to hit?" Gardenhire asked. "Second or third?"

"You're giving me the option?" Boone replied before asking for the No. 3 hole.

That's exactly what Gardenhire wanted to hear.

And so the newest Twin, with a .234 batting average but with a wealth of hitting experience, made his debut as the No. 3 hitter Thursday. No offense meant toward Joe Mauer, who has batted third for most of the season, but Gardenhire might be sending a message by putting Boone in the middle of a batting order that has lacked consistency.

"It's going to be a good thing," Boone said. "A fresh start. A good team. A good bunch of guys. I'm looking forward to it."

Boone actually hit third during most of his four-plus seasons with the Mariners. But he said it doesn't matter where he hits in the lineup.

He has seven home runs and 34 RBI, but the Twins are hoping that joining a pennant race will get his swing going. Boone said Thursday that his problems aren't mental but mechanical, something he was trying to fight his way through in Seattle.

"You keep working until you get it," Boone said. "I've been in and out of it. I've had a couple games where, 'there it is,' and it wouldn't stay there."

Boone had an inauspicious start to his Twins career when his glove broke during warmups before the first inning. Boone had to run into the clubhouse for a backup. "The long layoff probably wilted the leather," Gardenhire said.

http://www.startribune.com/stories/509/5507694.html