What About This Series Coming up?

DetroitWhat

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Apr 20, 2005 -> 01:26 PM)
For whatever reason, it just seems like our bats go to sleep at Comerica - and it's not like we're facing stud pitchers. I swear we've never won a game there from what i can remember, lol.

We won the last game of a 4 game set there last summer.. (remember.. when I saw that rap group up there.. :ph34r: :lolhitting ).

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Apr 20, 2005 -> 10:43 AM)
Ledezma/Garland is going to be a good one tonight.  Ledezma always seems to pitch well against us, and Garland is pitching some of the best ball of his career right now.  This has the potential to be a two hour 1-0/2-1 type game.

I completely agree. I expect this to be a very low scoring game.

I disagree, I think tonight is the night to really bet on the over. I think that the RISP average of the Tigers is going to get us, considering we let runners get on constantly. And I think that this team will figure out ledezma and score a few runs on him as well. I think this will be a slugfest, and possibly might break our first game win streak.

QUOTE(DetroitWhat @ Apr 20, 2005 -> 08:34 AM)
There's this 2 game series about to take place between these two certain teams.  I was just wondering what you guys thought about it, any predictions?

I'm thinking its going to be a good series. I'm afraid of the Tigers offense. Its quite good, however I'm glad Garland and Buehrle will be on the mound for the Sox. I'm anticipating a great series. I tend to think it will be a split. Ledezma always seems to pitch so good against the Sox. Of course I'm hoping for a sweep :P

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Apr 20, 2005 -> 10:43 AM)
Ledezma/Garland is going to be a good one tonight.  Ledezma always seems to pitch well against us, and Garland is pitching some of the best ball of his career right now.  This has the potential to be a two hour 1-0/2-1 type game.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Apr 20, 2005 -> 01:19 PM)
I completely agree.  I expect this to be a very low scoring game.

Meh, what the hell do we know. :D

Well, that was a crappy series for the Tigers...

Here's how I see the AL Central right now:

Twins

Sox

Tigers

Indians

Royals

I applaud the Sox and Kenny Williams for putting together a pretty good squad for this year. They seem more complete this season than they have in the past. Podsednik really killed us these last two games.

Edited by DetroitWhat

DetroitWhat, what were the overall expectations of the Tigers from the Tiger fan base, generally? And, how did Tiger fans view the Maggs signing?

I like Bonderman, but a lot of us Sox fans never really bought the Tigers being contenders. And, while 16 games or so certainly isn't enough to make a real good judgement from, I can't see the Tigers competing throughout the year just because of a lack of pitching. Bonderman seems like he might turn into a real good pitcher in the next few years, but other than him, I don't see anyone that stands out.

And, as far as the Maggs signing -- the Tigers only out was if Maggs hurt his knee. So, he could injure himself anywhere else, and the contract would still be in play. On top of all that, even when Maggs was healthy, I never really saw him as a 5/$75 type of guy.

I hope I don't come off as a guy who's just piling on, because you could certainly do the same to me (us) in a basketball or hockey conversation (for that matter, baseball too -- who am I kidding, were the ones who haven't won a title in 80+ years) -- but, do you have any thoughts?