Gload waits for his chance

Jabroni

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(qwerty @ Apr 22, 2005 -> 01:09 AM)
I didn't know i had one... :huh:

I guess mine and yours wanting Gload to be a starter (so long as the conditions were right) got him to be your 'boy'. Other than that, though, you haven't really deserved for him to be your 'boy'. I'd consider that one guy (switching sports for a second) from the 76ers your boy -- Iguadala, is it?

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Apr 21, 2005 -> 08:47 PM)
I guess mine and yours wanting Gload to be a starter (so long as the conditions were right) got him to be your 'boy'.  Other than that, though, you haven't really deserved for him to be your 'boy'.  I'd consider that one guy (switching sports for a second) from the 76ers your boy -- Iguadala, is it?

Yes, i love iggy, but he does not score 43 .7 points per game so he is not = to or better than deng is. :rolly

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Apr 21, 2005 -> 09:16 PM)
Not in the outfield, where qwerty wants to see Gload over Timo.

I wouldn't think so either, but his bat is better, so if Gload would DH and Everett would play in the outfield when Dye, Pods, or Rowand aren't playing that would be better.

I wouldn't think so either, but his bat is better, so if Gload would DH and Everett would play in the outfield when Dye, Pods, or Rowand aren't playing that would be better.

I would be willing to try that one out against tough righ-handers. Bench Dye, put Carl in RF, and use Gload as our DH. I'd still crap my pants watching Carl play balls though. :ph34r: But Ozzie did say he will continue to use Carl in the outfield, even after his mishap last time out there.

Edited by Jabroni

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Apr 21, 2005 -> 09:16 PM)
Not in the outfield, where qwerty wants to see Gload over Timo.

We are acting like timo is a gold glove outfielder and he is no where close. I think gload's bat definitely out weighs whatever harm he would do in the field. Gload's bat is also much better than timo's, too bad we are not gonna see him given the chance that he should.

We are acting like timo is a gold glove outfielder and he is no where close. I think gload's bat definitely out weighs whatever harm he would do in the field. Gload's bat is also much better than timo's, too bad we are not gonna see him given the chance that he should.

I wouldn't be so sure about that. Did you see Gload in the outfield last season?

He will play even less when FT comes back if that is possible ta this point.

Yep, it's pretty sad but there's no where for him to play unless Ozzie tried this against a tough right-hander...

LF Podsednik

2B Iguchi / Willie

RF Everett :ph34r:

1B Konerko

DH Gload

CF Rowand

C Pierzynski

3B Crede

SS Uribe

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Apr 22, 2005 -> 02:57 AM)
I wouldn't be so sure about that.  Did you see Gload in the outfield last season?

Gload's bat + Gload's Poor OF Defense is still >>>>>>>>> Timo's bat (or lack thereof) + Timo's Better-than-Gload-but-still-not-very-good defense.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Apr 21, 2005 -> 09:26 PM)
Timo doesnt have bad defense..... I know you all hate the way he catches the ball but he always makes the catch so I dont see how that makes him a bad defender.  He also has a really good arm too.

Timo's got a very strong arm but very little range, he does make the routine plays though which is more then you can say about ross in the outfield. I'm one of Timo's biggest fans on this board but he's not a great outfielder.

GLOAD SIGHTING!

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb...t=.jsp&c_id=cws

Manager Ozzie Guillen will try to get Ross Gload a start at first base during this three-game set. But with right-handers starting all three nights for Kansas City, it's not certain when the left-handed hitting Gload will be in the lineup.