Lebron and Mom

Steven A Smith keeps whining Lebron may leave Clev because his MOMMY does not like management, give me a break he is 20 yrs old and has alot of money, cut the apron strings nobody in Clev gives a dam if his MOMMY like management or not. :puke

Edited by Soxfest

First off superstars do get a say in when it comes to the direction of the ball club, its only fair. They are putting the next 5-6 years in the hands of the GM of the other team and deserve some say since most of them play to win. Secondly, they are the best player and at that know the type of guys they want, etc so I see no problem in them giving suggestions.

If you guys don't think Jordan had some say your nuts. Its just a fact of life.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Apr 25, 2005 -> 07:38 PM)
First off superstars do get a say in when it comes to the direction of the ball club, its only fair.  They are putting the next 5-6 years in the hands of the GM of the other team and deserve some say since most of them play to win.  Secondly, they are the best player and at that know the type of guys they want, etc so I see no problem in them giving suggestions.

If you guys don't think Jordan had some say your nuts.  Its just a fact of life.

Kobe is not the lakers gm for nothing.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Apr 25, 2005 -> 04:52 PM)
No thanks.

Are you s***ting me? You wouldn't want Lebron James in Chicago? Let me tell you, if Lebron was a Bull I'd be so damn happy. The guy is an unbelieavable player. He's a better scoring Magic Johnson.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Apr 25, 2005 -> 08:54 PM)
Are you s***ting me?  You wouldn't want Lebron James in Chicago?  Let me tell you, if Lebron was a Bull I'd be so damn happy.  The guy is an unbelieavable player.  He's a better scoring Magic Johnson.

I have nothing against his playing ability. I just think he would damper team-chemistry and me too selfish sometimes. When 100% healthy, this Bulls team had the ability to go FAR in the playoffs. Even now, w/o Curry and Deng, we can win vs Washington and put up a good fight vs Miami.........now if NJ end up beating Miami........can anyone say "Welcome to Detroit." But back to Lebron... I just don't like his attitude and tendency to be a Mama's boy. Let him go to the Knicks. Just my $.02.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Apr 25, 2005 -> 08:00 PM)
I have nothing against his playing ability. I just think he would damper team-chemistry and me too selfish sometimes. When 100% healthy, this Bulls team had the ability to go FAR in the playoffs. Even now, w/o Curry and Deng, we can win vs Washington and put up a good fight vs Miami.........now if NJ end up beating Miami........can anyone say "Welcome to Detroit." But back to Lebron... I just don't like his attitude and tendency to be a Mama's boy. Let him go to the Knicks. Just my $.02.

If shaq is healthy the heat would sweep us in the playoffs without curry and deng. If they are both healthy we would win one maybe two of those games. Now i know every body and there uncle is gonna disagree with me but we could barely beat the heat when shaw was out for all but two minutes of a game and we had both curry and deng. It took over time and an offensive explosion by gordon for us to win it.

Two years from now will be our year to get to the finals. After next year both davis's and robinson's contracts come off of the books. What we are looking to do this off-season is add even more depth to one of the deepest teams in the league. Two years from now we will be in the running for a big time player and some and by then we will have plenty of playoff experience.

QUOTE(qwerty @ Apr 25, 2005 -> 09:07 PM)
If shaq is healthy the heat would sweep us in the playoffs without curry and deng. If they are both healthy we would win one maybe two of those games. Now i know every body and there uncle is gonna disagree with me but we could barely beat the heat when shaw was out for all but two minutes of a game and we had both curry and deng. It took over time and an offensive explosion by gordon for us to win it.

Two years from now will be our year to get to the finals. After next year both davis's and robinson's contracts come off of the books. What we are looking to do this off-season is add even more depth to one of the deepest teams in the league. Two years from now we will be in the running for a big time player and some and by then we will have plenty of playoff experience.

What is really scary is that in 2 years, a big-name player might actually WANT to come and play for the Bulls...........wow.

Well, you can also argue that the main focus this off-season is/should be to lock up Eddy and Tyson.

Edited by SoxFan1

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Apr 25, 2005 -> 07:54 PM)
Are you s***ting me?  You wouldn't want Lebron James in Chicago?  Let me tell you, if Lebron was a Bull I'd be so damn happy.  The guy is an unbelieavable player.  He's a better scoring Magic Johnson.

He shoots jumpers at a .396 percentage. While he is one of the best paint scorers in the league ( top five i believe) he is no threat for a jumper. If players can ever deny him the ball his shooting percentage would drop drastically.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Apr 25, 2005 -> 08:10 PM)
What is really scary is that in 2 years, a big-name player might actually WANT to come and play for the Bulls...........wow.

Well, you can also argue that the main focus this off-season is/should be to lock up Eddy and Tyson.

There are plenty of solid starters in the league that want to come and play for the bulls now. Problem is if we get them one of othella/ duhon will not be coming back. What i would rather do this off-season is let williams and reiner walk, maybe even pargo. Sign raja bell and another big, because we do need more depth with are bigs. They may decide to keep resign lysol for cheap or spend the remaining money on a back up center/power foward.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Apr 25, 2005 -> 07:00 PM)

LeBron is not selfish, dont get confused because hes on a team with no one around him to help out.. He is avg what, 7 APG

I also do not agree with qwerty, I havent seen anything wrong with his jumper.. everytime hes on TV I see him hitting jumpers all the time.. maybe its just when he is on TV though

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Apr 25, 2005 -> 07:28 PM)
Nah, Lebron actually statistically does shoot 39% on his J's

but still I dont like putting too much into that... the guy on the season is shooting 47%

27 ppg 7.2 apg 7.3 rpg 2.2 spg

thats one hell of a line, only second year player too...

The reason 39% wouldnt bother me so much is because dunk/layups are part of the game and are gonna happen anyways.. so it all balances out to me.. if you can understand what im trying to say

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Apr 25, 2005 -> 07:54 PM)

Magic aveageHe shoots jumpers at a .396 percentage. While he is one of the best paint scorers in the league ( top five i believe) he is no threat for a jumper. If players can ever deny him the ball his shooting percentage would drop drastically. Magic shot .520 for his career and last year shot .472 I find it hard to believe james will ever touch .520 once in his career because he falls in love with his less than mediocore jumper. Will lebron ever drop 11.5 dimes in a season let alone 11.5 for a whole career? Doubtful. He will average as many board most likely but i don't think he will sniff the amount of triple doubles that magic has had, especially if they ever get a top notch point guard there, it will not be his role to get assists. His defense is no where close to magic's and his iq/shot selection is no where close either. I know he is only twenty and already one of the top ten players in the league but magic is one of the top players of all time.

Magic only lead the lakers in scoring three times in scoring in his entire career. Most times he was the second if not the third option and he averaged 19.5 points per agme. That is f***ing insane.

Let's not get this confused. Lebron has always been a pass first player. He's playing SG when he's not a SG. He's a big PG and if he was playing PG, his shooting percentage would go up by alot. He would do nothing but help the turnovers come down and help this team drastically in the playoffs. With that said, I don't think he's coming here. I think he'll end up staying in Cleveland.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Apr 26, 2005 -> 02:05 AM)
He's a big PG and if he was playing PG, his shooting percentage would go up by alot.

Well, I think that the reverse is true. PGs have the worst shooting percentages of any position, naturally. Most of their shots are (seemingly) in the 18 to 22 foot range, and that ain't Lebronski's game. Even your best shooters out of the PG slot shoot like 41 to 42%, by and large.

What influenced you to think along those lines?

And he ain't just merely big. He's a hair under 6'9, and he weighs in at 240. He could probably pick up Urlacher and toss him. :lol:

Looks like a legendary Point Forward in the making to me.