"YUH-OH!": DJ's HR Call.....

Princess Dye

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ May 2, 2005 -> 01:00 AM)
*jumping up and down hysterically*

"ITS OUTTA HERE!!!!!!  EAT s*** MOTHERf***ERS!!!!!!!!!HAHAHHAHAHAHAHA"

Or something like that.  After I stop yelling you'll hear glasses clinking as me and the color guy toast some JD shots.

Best homerun call ever.... thanks for the laugh :cheers

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ May 2, 2005 -> 12:10 AM)
If Steve Stone is willing to take a job on the south side...I want him.  Best color man in baseball.

well that would actually be the ultimate F U to the Cubs management...... but then again do we have a booth big enough to hold the amount of baseball information inside Stone and Hawk's brains?

plus he gets like $500,000 to do like a few days a week for the Score.... dont know if that would keep him from taking a job

QUOTE(Princess Dye @ May 2, 2005 -> 03:29 AM)
well that would actually be the ultimate F U to the Cubs management...... but then again do we have a booth big enough to hold the amount of baseball information inside Stone and Hawk's brains?

plus he gets like $500,000 to do like a few days a week for the Score.... dont know if that would keep him from taking a job

The score or being on on t.v. daily and shown throughout the nation whenever we are on wgn? I am pretty sure he prefers broadcasting over being on the score. I think he would consider it if we didn't low ball him ridiculously bad.

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ May 2, 2005 -> 06:00 AM)
*jumping up and down hysterically*

"ITS OUTTA HERE!!!!!!  EAT s*** MOTHERf***ERS!!!!!!!!!HAHAHHAHAHAHAHA"

Or something like that.  After I stop yelling you'll hear glasses clinking as me and the color guy toast some JD shots.

LMB as color guy:

"f***in-A Nuke, bottoms up Biotch."

Guest JimH
We need to have a contest to get DJ a home run call.  Actually I think I am going to email Hawk and see what he thinks of DJs home run call, that could be pretty funny.

That is actually a great idea Mike. I bet they have fun with it.

I was thinking about this, a home run call is more of a spontaneous thing, it's whatever comes out of the announcers mouth, and then it just sticks. Hawk has refined his call over time, he never used to have the "YES". The call has to be comfortable for the announcer so it flows and doesn't seem forced.

Rooney is very good at this IMO. He describes the play and he's able to back off on the HR call if a guy catches it at the wall for example. He tends to say, "there's a drive, deep left field, xxxxx back to the wall ... " and then he either adds "and makes the catch" or of course "It's a Goner!".

If DJ would add a bit, the call would be more palatable but again, it's tough to force it on a guy. HR's are spontaneous and emotional, and so is the call. If he were to say something like ... "Uh Oh ... deep to right field ... bye bye ... home run for Timo, 8-0 White Sox", it's not bad.

At the very least, it's entertaining for us to see if he tweaks his HR call.

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ May 2, 2005 -> 02:38 AM)
he did just get married so he may not want to be on the road all of the time. How many dates is he doing for espn?

...wait, you're telling me he just got married and he wouldn't want to go on the road?

Yeah, I bet he would just hate that.

Guest JimH
We need to have a contest to get DJ a home run call.  Actually I think I am going to email Hawk and see what he thinks of DJs home run call, that could be pretty funny.

Mike, whatever it is, I would email it to DJ. Something like, "Hey DJ, we noticed you're doing more PBP and you've come up with a signature HR call. Can you tell us how you came up with it, and have you asked Hawk what he thinks about it?'

You may have to heap a little praise re: the HR call so it gets read.

QUOTE(JimH @ May 2, 2005 -> 09:47 AM)
Mike, whatever it is, I would email it to DJ.  Something like, "Hey DJ, we noticed you're doing more PBP and you've come up with a signature HR call.  Can you tell us how you came up with it, and have you asked Hawk what he thinks about it?'

Actually I was thinking of adressing it specificially to Hawk, because he likes picking on DJ. It could be fun. :)

QUOTE(JimH @ May 2, 2005 -> 09:47 AM)
Mike, whatever it is, I would email it to DJ.  Something like, "Hey DJ, we noticed you're doing more PBP and you've come up with a signature HR call.  Can you tell us how you came up with it, and have you asked Hawk what he thinks about it?'

This is what I sent in FWIW

Hey guys, many of us have noticed that DJ has been doing much more solo time this year on the air, and even has gotten to do a couple of home runs calls.  I just wanted to say "uh-oh bye-bye"?  What's up with that?  I guess we all can't be Ken Harrleson's in the booth, but maybe you guys need to have a contest to get DJ a home run call.

And Hawk, I would love to hear what you think of the fiesty one's HR call.

Thanks guys and Go Sox!

Mike, Michigan City IN, from Soxtalk.com

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ May 2, 2005 -> 03:38 AM)
he did just get married so he may not want to be on the road all of the time. How many dates is he doing for espn?

They just had a baby...

They've been married for several (5 or 6 IIRC) years.