Power hitter

C_LEE45

I know its early BUT KW better get a power hitter,i know our record is good but its a matter of time that we are going to have to get some HR and all konerko does is hit into DP's man i would love Abreu but i know he has a high price tag,but one thing is for sure we better get some help FAST!!!!! :gosox3:

I viewed this as a dilemma. We will probaly need some offensive help, but then it went through my head. Who do you replace? All of our offensive starters are above average and really none should be sitting on the bench.

3B is the only real place to possibly upgrade, but even I don't want to pull the plug on Crede after his hot start.

^^Because the offense is sucking. We are worst in the league in BA with runners in scoring position and probably one of the worst hitting teams hitting for BA. When you're playing small ball, you need to get guys with good BA and OBP. So far it isn't working and PK just isn't doing anything, but turning into Sammy Sosa of last year. Hitting into nothing but DP's. I say you package PK and Jermaine Dye for a legit guy(either at RF or 1B and teach Carl how to play 1B if you have to). We do need power. Hell trade back for Carlos Lee if you need to. Do something though.

No players on this team will be learning new positons.

Bobby Abreu, Aubrey Huff, Carl Crawford, Albert Pujols and anyother great franchise will not be traded to the Sox.

No team will ever trade a legit/good player for Paul Konerko and Jermaine Dye.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ May 3, 2005 -> 09:59 PM)
^^Because the offense is sucking. We are worst in the league in BA with runners in scoring position and probably one of the worst hitting teams hitting for BA. When you're playing small ball, you need to get guys with good BA and OBP. So far it isn't working and PK just isn't doing anything, but turning into Sammy Sosa of last year. Hitting into nothing but DP's. I say you package PK and Jermaine Dye for a legit guy(either at RF or 1B and teach Carl how to play 1B if you have to). We do need power. Hell trade back for Carlos Lee if you need to. Do something though.

:headshake Paul Konerko has ALWAYS, since he has worn a ChiSox uni, been a month to month streaky hitter. Just expect it, and it won't be a surprise. Teach Carl 1B? Everett isn't a spring chicken. Koney is 29 years old, and if we get him for a few more years at a semi-decent price, then we should. Dye had a good game, I'm sure it will come soon enough. No reason to just go try and trade away parts of a team that is the best in the MLBs, and in 1st place.

QUOTE(C_LEE45 @ May 3, 2005 -> 07:36 PM)
I know its early BUT KW better get a  power hitter,i know our record is good but its a matter of time that we are going to have to get some HR and all konerko does is hit into DP's man i would love Abreu but i know he has a high price tag,but one thing is for sure we better get some help FAST!!!!! :gosox3:

You're absolutely right, the team can't win any games right now, if we don't get someone FAST this team is going to be 10 games out by next week.

give it some time, if were winning who cares what our offense produces, id hate to give up konerko and or dye for a hitter, because everett is still gonna try to steal that persons spot in the lineup same with thomas, the way its looking id rather trade thomas for a utility player like ryan freel

IMO we're still winning. Ugly yes, sometimes, but still winning. Many of these guys are "temperature" hitters, meaning when the weather gets warmer so do they. A-Row has proved that throughout his short career and Pauly does too. Take a look at their summer numbers compared to their early numbers.

As I mentioned in another thread, Pauly typically slumps in May then heats up in June, July, and August. A-Row did the same thing last year, but he was a month later.

By the time summer comes along, the power of Pauly and A-Row will be on display and the Big Hurt will be back in the lineup. Depending on what Everett and Dye do in the intervening months, I think our offense will be just fine.

QUOTE(BuehrleTheAce @ May 3, 2005 -> 09:15 PM)
IMO we're still winning. Ugly yes, sometimes, but still winning. Many of these guys are "temperature" hitters, meaning when the weather gets warmer so do they. A-Row has proved that throughout his short career and Pauly does too. Take a look at their summer numbers compared to their early numbers.

As I mentioned in another thread, Pauly typically slumps in May then heats up in June, July, and August. A-Row did the same thing last year, but he was a month later.

By the time summer comes along, the power of Pauly and A-Row will be on display and the Big Hurt will be back in the lineup. Depending on what Everett and Dye do in the intervening months, I think our offense will be just fine.

If PK is supposed to slump in May, I'd hate to see it because his April was god-awful.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ May 4, 2005 -> 01:06 PM)
You're absolutely right, the team can't win any games right now, if we don't get someone FAST this team is going to be 10 games out by next week.

I gotta say, that made me laugh more than it should have. :bang