CBS sportsline

DABearSoX

"Weekend in Review: White Sox continue to baffle with ... "

"Chicago White Sox threaten to run the table. "

CBS Sportsline Article

Pretty damn good article about us.....for all you lovers of the national media attention its a must read....I thought the Judy Garland line was classic for this forum though..... :P

3. The Chicago White Sox: They're so hot that every single one of them remembered to send a card to their mothers in time for Sunday.

4. Dontrelle Willis and Jon Garland: The only two 6-0 pitchers out there, and admit it, you thought Judy Garland had a better chance of going 6-0 to start a major-league season than Jon.

It's funny because the Twins keep saying that they are not playing their best. If I remember correctly, they are off to better starts than they were the past 3 years. It sure seems like it. They keep saying they're not playing their best, but yet give no examples. Yet, they keep on ignoring anyone who says that the Sox are hitting piss poor right now and don't have their best hitter, Frank in the lineup.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ May 9, 2005 -> 03:09 PM)
It's funny because the Twins keep saying that they are not playing their best. If I remember correctly, they are off to better starts than they were the past 3 years. It sure seems like it. They keep saying they're not playing their best, but yet give no examples. Yet, they keep on ignoring anyone who says that the Sox are hitting piss poor right now and don't have their best hitter, Frank in the lineup.

That is the mentality they have to have though. If they start to think the White Sox are a better team than they are, the season is over. You aren't going to beat a team who you have conceeded superiority to. I don't expect the Twins to change their tune until/if they are eliminated.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ May 9, 2005 -> 02:12 PM)
That is the mentality they have to have though.  If they start to think the White Sox are a better team than they are, the season is over.  You aren't going to beat a team who you have conceeded superiority to.  I don't expect the Twins to change their tune until/if they are eliminated.

I don't count on the Twins being eliminated from playoff contention. I personally figure that the Wild Card will come out of the AL Central this year.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ May 9, 2005 -> 08:29 PM)
I don't count on the Twins being eliminated from playoff contention.  I personally figure that the Wild Card will come out of the AL Central this year.

Its a possibility, but personally if a gun is put to my head I put my money on the A.L. East.

Ya figure out of Baltimore-NY-Boston, 2 out of the 3 are good for 90 wins. I could easily see us or the twins slipping to 85ish.

Living in the New York metro area, I love watching them struggle...but I still feel its just a matter of time. Their rotation is going to be ok. The only serious problem is that WEAK bullpen of theirs.

QUOTE(1549 @ May 9, 2005 -> 08:36 PM)
Its a possibility, but personally if a gun is put to my head I put my money on the A.L. East.

Ya figure out of Baltimore-NY-Boston, 2 out of the 3 are good for 90 wins.  I could easily see us or the twins slipping to 85ish.

Living in the New York metro area, I love watching the Yankees struggle...but I still feel its just a matter of time.  Their rotation is going to be ok.  The only serious problem is that WEAK bullpen of theirs.

QUOTE(1549 @ May 9, 2005 -> 02:36 PM)

Ya figure out of Baltimore-NY-Boston, 2 out of the 3 are good for 90 wins.  I could easily see us or the twins slipping to 85ish.

Living in the New York metro area, I love watching them struggle...but I still feel its just a matter of time.  Their rotation is going to be ok.  The only serious problem is that WEAK bullpen of theirs.

The yanks have put themselves in one hell of a hole already, doesn't mean they can't get out of it but with their starting pitching it's going to be tough to run off long winning streaks. Balti's for a real, they're a pretty solid team, that being said down the stretch they're going to faulter a bit because of their lack of depth in their rotation, the twins are a much better team then balti imo. The more and more I see these teams play, the more I think the wild card is coming out of the central this year.

What a crock of crap! Who're they crapping?

MIN SLG% #1 in the ALC

MIN AVG (#3 in MLB, #1 in the ALC)

MIN RBI ( #6 in MLB, #1 in the ALC)

MIN R ( #7 in MLB, #1 in the ALC)

MIN RON (#1 in MLB, #1 in the ALC (921 OPS))

Someone want to tell me the last time that was the case?

MIN ERA (#4(3.43) in MLB, #2 in the ALC - Sox (3.03))

They are playing well above expectations hitting & pitching wise. Even their team ERA is 1/2 a run lower than 2004 (4.03). I think they are just so pissed that the White Sox are out-performing them pitching & defense wise that they have to convince themselves they can improve. There is no way they can continue to perform with runners on like that. That's got to come down.

QUOTE(JUGGERNAUT @ May 9, 2005 -> 03:07 PM)
What a crock of crap!  Who're they crapping?

MIN SLG% #1 in the ALC

MIN R    ( #7 in MLB, #1 in the ALC)

They are playing well above expectations hitting & pitching wise.  Even their team ERA is 1/2 a run lower than 2004 (4.03). I think they are just so pissed that the White Sox are out-performing them pitching & defense wise that they have to convince themselves they can improve.  There is no way they can continue to perform with runners on like that.  That's got to come down.

post this on the thread they have at cbssportsline.....u'll shut them all the hell up. I love Juggernaut stats

QUOTE(JUGGERNAUT @ May 9, 2005 -> 03:07 PM)
What a crock of crap!  Who're they crapping?

MIN SLG% #1 in the ALC

MIN R    ( #7 in MLB, #1 in the ALC)

They are playing well above expectations hitting & pitching wise.  Even their team ERA is 1/2 a run lower than 2004 (4.03). I think they are just so pissed that the White Sox are out-performing them pitching & defense wise that they have to convince themselves they can improve.  There is no way they can continue to perform with runners on like that.  That's got to come down.

We won't lead every game of the season, and we won't continue to win seemingly every close game we have either.

Their team ERA will be lower this year than last. Johan is healthy for the full year, not just 4 months of the year, Joe Mays is better than Terry Mulholland, Balfour and Crain have another year under their belts, and add that to Nathan, Romero, and Rincon(assuming he comes back at 95-97 like he was when using roids), Radke is Radke...I do look for their ERA to be lower, like I said.

And their lineup is for real. That middle - Mauer, Morneau, Hunter, and Jones - is very, very scary. Add to that Stewart and Ford at the top, and they have one of the better offenses in the AL, all for around $20-25 mill...so basically ARod.

They will not go away, and they could be a 95-100 win team.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ May 9, 2005 -> 02:40 PM)
The yanks have put themselves in one hell of a hole already, doesn't mean they can't get out of it but with their starting pitching it's going to be tough to run off long winning streaks.  Balti's for a real, they're a pretty solid team, that being said down the stretch they're going to faulter a bit because of their lack of depth in their rotation, the twins are a much better team then balti imo.  The more and more I see these teams play, the more I think the wild card is coming out of the central this year.

There are going to be pitchers available around the deadline, like there are every year. If Baltimore needs another pitcher, I'm sure they'll look to make the move.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ May 9, 2005 -> 11:01 PM)
They will not go away, and they could be a 95-100 win team.

The scary thing is, they are that good. For once this year I'm actually not worried about the sox beating themselves like they have in years past but I am worried about the twins beating us. That being said I still think the sox are the superior team and will win the division but I guarantee anyone that Minny isn't going anywhere. I would also be willing to put money on the wild card coming out of the central this year, I've said this before I really think the two best teams in the al might be in the central this ear.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ May 10, 2005 -> 12:04 AM)
There are going to be pitchers available around the deadline, like there are every year.  If Baltimore needs another pitcher, I'm sure they'll look to make the move.

Eric milton would be an awesome pick-up.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ May 9, 2005 -> 11:04 PM)
There are going to be pitchers available around the deadline, like there are every year.  If Baltimore needs another pitcher, I'm sure they'll look to make the move.

I know but their starting pitching is still going to be to weak imo to actually win that divison. I think they'll hang around for a while but faulter around mid to late august because of lack of depth whether they trade for a starter or not. The twins are a far superior team to Baltimore this year, imo.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ May 9, 2005 -> 11:06 PM)
The scary thing is, they are that good.  For once this year I'm actually not worried about the sox beating themselves like they have in years past but I am worried about the twins beating us.  That being said I still think the sox are the superior team and will win the division but I guarantee anyone that Minny isn't going anywhere.  I would also be willing to put money on the wild card coming out of the central this year, I've said this before I really think the two best teams in the al might be in the central this ear.

The two best teams are in the AL Central, especially if the Sox offense can kick it in the ass and actually get going. Both have very solid rotations(Radke-Johan-Silva-Lohse-Mays and Buehrle-Garcia-Contreras-Duque-Garland in the order they started games to open the season), both have very solid, deep pens, and both have solid offenses when they are actually hitting...at the very least, 1-9 on both teams are decent hitters. As of right now, I'd say the Sox have a slight advantage in the rotation, while the Twins have a better pen along with a better lineup.

Of course, Billy Wagner... :bang :D

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ May 9, 2005 -> 11:11 PM)
Of course, Billy Wagner... :bang  :D

Never heard of him :P

EDIT: By the way this is an interesting comparison right now between the sox and twins. I agree the sox have a bit advantage in the rotation then it kind of gets interesting. Both bullpens are very deep and very good, obviously the wild card is how Rincon returns. The twins have that dominate closer which the sox don't have, however they have a bunch of guys that can close games. As of right now I'd give a slight advantage to Minny because of Nathan, however if shingo gets back to form which I still think he will then well that might switch the balance of power to the sox as far as the bullpens go. Getting to the lineups, right now the twins no doubt have the better of the middle of the order, however I'd take the top of the sox order over almost anyones right now. I also love what the sox have down in the lineup and would take the bottom of the lineup of ours over minny's also. This is going to be a fun race, no doubt. Hopefully the sox will be the ones on top this year.

Edited by Rowand44