what should we do about Frank Thomas

soxman35

whare should we put Frank  

34 members have voted

1. 1. whare should we put Frank

• should we DH him and move Carl
    • should we move Paul to DH and put Frank at First
    • or should we keep it how it is and try to get rid of frank or just not play him

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(RockRaines @ May 9, 2005 -> 03:57 PM)
Frank needs to be in the lineup for his OBP and letting other players get some pitches.  You can have a rotation of Carl, Dye, whoever in the OF if need be

I totally agree, Frank needs to be in the lineup as often as possible. Now that Dye is starting to hit, Carl will need to fill the utility OF role, as well as give Frank a day off from time to time.

I would bench Rowand, start Frank at DH permanently, Kong at 1B, Pods at CF, Everett at LF and Dye in RF

Rowand would relieve Carl or Dye every now and then and in that case he would play CF and let Pods go back to LF and Carl/Dye play RF then

Anyone who says we should trade Frank has no clue, especially considering how injury prone Carl & Dye have been

Edited by sox-r-us

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ May 9, 2005 -> 08:57 PM)
Whichever it is, it can't come fast enough.

I can't handle these types of threads anymore.

amen brother, Must be one every two days. Why don't we just welcome him back and let ozzie and kenny make the decision. as long as we win, I really don't give a damn.

QUOTE(sox-r-us @ May 9, 2005 -> 03:02 PM)
I would bench Rowand, start Frank at DH permanently, Kong at 1B, Pods at CF, Everett at LF and Dye in RF

Rowand would relieve Carl or Dye every now and then and in that case he would play CF and let Pods go back to LF and Carl/Dye play RF then

Anyone who says we should trade Frank has no clue, especially considering how injury prone Carl & Dye have been

I agree.

QUOTE(soxman35 @ May 9, 2005 -> 08:54 PM)
I say we try to get rid of him we are playing great ball and i do not want to move Carl. He is playing great ball. Nor put Paul in as DH

:gosox3:

Soxman35, you should be ashamed of yourself and I demand you change your soxtalk name, or at least the number 35. :chair :bang :D

Guest JimH
amen brother, Must be one every two days. Why don't we just welcome him back and let ozzie and kenny make the decision. as long as we win, I really don't give a damn.

See, we do agree on some things.

Frank and Aaron are going to be in the lineup every day. Most likely what Ozzie will do is whoever is swinging the bat best between Carl and Jermaine will be in the lineup, if they're both swininging it well then they'll probably platoon with Carl facing righties and Jermaine facing lefties.

QUOTE(sox-r-us @ May 9, 2005 -> 04:02 PM)

So you are ready to give up on Rowand already this year? He is swinging the bat much better these last couple of series, plus he is terrific in CF. Leave the OF alone, let Carl get a few games a week whether in the OF or DH.

QUOTE(rangercal @ May 9, 2005 -> 04:10 PM)
That means frank would play every 4 days. I don't like it.

Well, I don't like having Carl in the field or Frank...so both are DHs period. I don't think there is a perfect answer. Maybe Carl just needs to move around a little...play left....play first...DH...and get in 3-4 games a week, moving around....being a super sub type....who can't field :bang

There is a poll option missing & it's the right one:

Keep him & manage AB's between Rowand, Koney, Dye, Everett, & Frank.

Especially given that Rowand, Dye, & Koney are hitting well below career avg's. You can do that because you have Pods.

You can play Everett, Pods, Dye with Frank at DH

You can play Pods, Rowand, Everett with Frank at DH

You can play Everett, Rowand, Dye with Frank at DH

You can play Pods, Rowand, Dye with Frank at DH

You can play Pods, Rowand, Dye with Frank at 1B (though I wouldn't)

And when Frank does not start you have him ready to come off the bench

to hit for any one of these guys including Koney.

QUOTE(JUGGERNAUT @ May 9, 2005 -> 04:15 PM)

Especially given that Rowand, Dye, & Koney are hitting well below career avg's.  You can do that because you have Pods.

Yeah, ultimately something like this would work best.

Guest JimH

Especially given that Rowand, Dye, & Koney are hitting well below career avg's.  You can do that because you have Pods.

I believe this is exactly what they'll do assuming everyone is healthy. Everyone will get a chance to contribute and the team should be stronger down the stretch.

we dont need Frank I rather have Carl in there hes proved himself to me. Frank i think is getting old and washed up and is pritty negative towards the team. when he is playing. I think if he comes back for a couple of game we are going to start losing and ozzy is going to get pissed take him out and then we will start our winning streak again.

QUOTE(soxman35 @ May 9, 2005 -> 03:20 PM)
we dont need Frank I rather have Carl in there hes proved himself to me. Frank i think is getting old and washed up and is pritty negative towards the team. when he is playing. I think if he comes back for a couple of game we are going to start losing and ozzy is going to get pissed take him out and then we will start our winning streak again.

First off, with all the hate you have for Frank, take off that 35. Secondly, Frank has proved himself over his career which started way earlier than Carl. Carl has just proved himself the past couple of years. Even in Frank's bad years, his OBP has been high which small ball is geared too(baserunners). Frank needs to be out there. I rather just bench PK because aside from HR's, he hasn't done anything. I'm willing to give him up until Frank comes back which at earliest should be June. I'm confident Ozzie will play whoever's hot.

I think they should ease Frank back in, maybe every other day for a while, or as matchups dictate, and then put him back full-time at DH and move Carl and/or JD around as necessary.

If Aaron or Paulie is still floundering at that time, maybe you need to give one of them a day off here and there as well.

As the tired cliche goes, "it's a nice problem to have".

Edited by The Critic

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ May 9, 2005 -> 03:26 PM)
First off, with all the hate you have for Frank, take off that 35. Secondly, Frank has proved himself over his career which started way earlier than Carl. Carl has just proved himself the past couple of years. Even in Frank's bad years, his OBP has been high which small ball is geared too(baserunners). Frank needs to be out there. I rather just bench PK because aside from HR's, he hasn't done anything. I'm willing to give him up until Frank comes back which at earliest should be June. I'm confident Ozzie will play whoever's hot.

he May be alright at first i actully might want to see him play there Konerko is sucking he is in a bad slump maybe he will be good there i would like to just check him out there at first just for like a game or so just to see if he can do it and if he can leave him there i am cool with that

:cheers :gosox3: