Game Thread 5-11-2005 Sox .vs. Suckfish

• Replies 692
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ May 11, 2005 -> 02:56 PM)
The thing is, it's a gamethread.  Look at any gamethread on any other site.  There's going to be a lot of positive and negative posts during nearly every single game.  I'm fairly confident that we're all Sox fans on here.

Agreed, none of us would have registered on a Sox message board if we weren't ardent Sox fans. We all want the same thing, winning baseball. And yes, Paulie sometimes drives us nuts and sometimes our attendance sucks, but everyone here is a fan. A critique against the Sox is just that, not a personal vendetta.

QUOTE(quickman @ May 11, 2005 -> 07:58 PM)
So true fathom, our attitude changes with the inning ..the batter. its normal stuff for passionate fans

But we are not supposed to say anything negative. Of course, if it is against Willie Harris then it is ok.....right Steff? :chair

QUOTE(quickman @ May 11, 2005 -> 07:58 PM)
So true fathom, our attitude changes with the inning ..the batter. its normal stuff for passionate fans

Thing is, the Sox could win 20 games in a row, but if we then lost a game in which we should have won, but there were dumb decisions made by the players or manager, then I'm going to be negative about the game. If we clinch the AL Central with a month left to go, I promise you won't hear a single negative word out of my mouth (unless Ozzie overuses the pitchers).

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ May 11, 2005 -> 03:00 PM)
Popcorn with tons of butter and salt!!!

It is Trail's End Lite butter popcorn Brian's dad dumped on us, but I do think I will go the popcorn route.

QUOTE(retro1983hat @ May 11, 2005 -> 02:59 PM)
Agreed, none of us would have registered on a Sox message board if we weren't ardent Sox fans. We all want the same thing, winning baseball. And yes, Paulie sometimes drives us nuts and sometimes our attendance sucks, but everyone here is a fan. A critique against the Sox is just that, not a personal vendetta.

I would say 99.4% are. I am not sure about a couple.

Edited by qwerty

QUOTE(Queen Prawn @ May 11, 2005 -> 01:59 PM)
Not game related but, should I make pop corn or eat a couple slices of rasin bread for my afternoon snack?

You gotta go with the popcorn. Preferably, with lots of butter.

QUOTE(Queen Prawn @ May 11, 2005 -> 02:01 PM)
It is Trail's End Lite butter popcorn Brian's dad dumped on us, but I do think I will go the popcorn route.

when its lite popcorn, a little lawry's seasoned salt usually does it justice

QUOTE(quickman @ May 11, 2005 -> 02:53 PM)
its a board, they can post anytime they want, life is not full of sunshine. I would rather have someone with an atitude than nothign at all. Sox fans are completely different than Cub fans. Steff you are invested in this club, you know people and you like it like that. I don't nor do I care to know the players. Just win, just play hard.

Whatever..