GARCIA HAS NO BALLS!!!!!

NUKE_CLEVELAND

QUOTE(Jabroni @ May 14, 2005 -> 09:59 PM)
Cotts couldn't be Wild Thing because he has a pussy 90 MPH fastball.

If Cocks threw the ball at the head of the batting dummy like Wild thing did in that movie it'd bounce off weakly and hit the dirt in the batters box.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ May 15, 2005 -> 02:48 AM)
You're right Paulie can do no wrong ever.

Harris, I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought Konerko could have gotten to that ball. It wasn't hit that hard. I mean, he made good contact on it, but it wasn't by any means a rip.

That said, Cotts didn't pitch well tonight, but he's still been good for us this year. And, I'm seeing improvements, but maybe I'm just wearing the black-and-white colored glasses.

And, does Cotts have a set role? Early on, I thought it was Hermy/Marte/Politte/Vizcaino for the 7th-8th innings, and then Shingo in the 9th. Obviously, that has changed, but shouldn't one use his best relievers in the tightest of situations? I'm pretty sure that a tie game in the seventh inning doesn't call for your last reliever (Cotts) -- especially when the bullpen has been well rested.

For the most part, I've liked how Ozzie has used his bullpen, playing the matchups rather than the 'role' (i.e. a set closer). But, I have had gripes with how he's handled pitchers (i.e. starting a pitcher in the sixth-seventh inning when he's already at 100 pitches, which he's done with El Duque twice and Garcia tonight).

One more thing -- I don't know if this is anything important yet 'cause it's such a small sample size, but Cotts' FIP (Fielding Independent Pitching -- before tonight, I should add) is 3.48, which is basically telling us that he's relying on his stuff alone to get guys out; he'll f*** up himself, or he'll do good things himself, not allowing his defense to factor in (too much). Don't know if that means anything, just wanted to put it out there...

Edited by CWSGuy406

QUOTE(BuehrleTheAce @ May 14, 2005 -> 08:30 PM)
I'l like to make a wager that when the Sox lose, a big ole vein sticks out on NUKE's forehead because he can't tell the other team to EAT s***!

Games like this one drive me nuts. This was every bit as bad as that game in Oakland where we blew a pair of 3 run leads. f***ing sorry.

Thats ok though.........we'll get em tomorrow.

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ May 14, 2005 -> 11:41 PM)
Games like this one drive me nuts.  This was every bit as bad as that game in Oakland where we blew a pair of 3 run leads.  f***ing sorry.

Thats ok though.........we'll get em tomorrow.

The only difference is this time the SOX actually blew the game, rather than the UMPS blowing calls and handing Oakland the game.

Freddy gave them the game in the 4th when he went out and within 5 minutes blew the 3 run lead the offense had given him the inning before. He needs to get back on track, because right now, he's the worst Sox starter.

QUOTE(Dam8610 @ May 15, 2005 -> 01:09 AM)
The only difference is this time the SOX actually blew the game, rather than the UMPS blowing calls and handing Oakland the game.

Freddy gave them the game in the 4th when he went out and within 5 minutes blew the 3 run lead the offense had given him the inning before. He needs to get back on track, because right now, he's the worst Sox starter.

If contreras has a rough outing i figure that will be said alot tomorrow.

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ May 14, 2005 -> 09:22 PM)
Garcia is starting to piss me the f*** off these days.  He was out there acting like a junkballer all night and he had more hangers than a f***ing closet.  He better get his s*** wired together and do it fast.

Ozzie  I know Garcia is f***ing one of your relatives but GETTING A WIN FOR THE TEAM IS MORE f***ING IMPORTANT THAN GETTING A WIN FOR YOUR BUDDY.  YOU DUMB TRUCK!!!!  What the f*** were you f***ing doing bringing him out there in the 7th?!?!?!? Where the f*** was Politte who hasn't pitched in days??!?!  Why was Cocks left in there to get shelled all that time.  GOD GROW A BRAIN AND GET A CLUE!!!!!!!

Shut the hell up! Garcia has had 2 bad outings this year and the rest were very good. I'd like to see you do better.

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ May 15, 2005 -> 12:39 AM)
Shut the hell up!  Garcia has had 2 bad outings this year and the rest were very good.  I'd like to see you do better.

Garcia has been pitching like crap lately and I addressed it.

Garcia had no business being out there in the 7th when he had a high pitch count and clearly didn't have his best stuff.

Oh by the way......I don't get paid millions of dollars a year to pitch.......troll.

Ok my take on everything;

1 - Qwerty was right when he said expect a lot of threads of JC tomorrow if he doesn't perform.

2 - Sleepy came up with a very good point about us facing Baltimore. We haven't really faced too many "great" offenses thus far this season.

3 - The White Sox have an overall ERA of 3.13 in games thru 5/13/05. With all the threads about how bad some of the pitchers are, you'd think it was in the high 5's, 6's instead.

4 - The White Sox have a Defense Efficiency Ratio of .730, the MLB best. The league average is .697.

5 - Freddy Garcia is down on his K/9 this season from his career, 6.85 to 5.87.

6 - Garcia is really sucking against lefties so far this season. .299/.362/.470 splits compared to righty splits of .200/.244/.306.

7 - Garcia at home has an ERA of 5.68 with .308/.368/.510 splits compared to AWAY of 2.54 ERA with .204/.255/.286. It's almost getting to the stage where the Sox need to adjust their rotation as much as they can to get Freddy pitching more away games.

8 - Neal Cotts against righties, .053/.308/.053, really, really weird. All of his 7 walks still have come against righties, yet he pitches better against them. Cotts still hasn't had a BB in his last 4 outing too FWIW.

9 - Cotts also sucks at home, he has a 5.40 ERA there with .286/.545/.429 splits compared to away of 3.12 ERA with .161/.235/.226.

10 - Cotts and Hermanson are the only Sox pitchers who haven't given up a HR so far this year.

11 - Kevin Walker, get your ass back down to AAA.

12 - For all the reports of Vizcaino being a flyball pitcher, he has a G/F of 2.07, the highest of any Sox pitcher. That said, his lefty and home splits are absolutely terrible.

13 - The Sox pitchers who have better home stats compared to away stats so far this season are, Mark Buerhle (4-0 2.18 ERA), Jose Contreras (1-0, 1.82 ERA), Jon Garland (3-0, 1.50 ERA), Dustin Hermanson (.147/.147/.176 vs. .231/.310/.346), Orlando Hernandez (better ERA but worse splits at home from less innings), Damaso Marte (1-0, 0.00 ERA) and Cliff Politte (0-0, 0.00 ERA in 3.2 IP). Ozzie and KW need to recognize this, and have these pitchers pitching as much as possible at the Cell at this stage, especially bullpen wise. Politte needs to be given much more work, especially at home.

14 - Two guys who probably would be next in line for a bullpen callup, and their lefty stats from their stints last season (even though much shouldn't be taken into consideration).

Bajenaru - .278/.333/.389 (much better compared to his righty splits)

Munoz - Had an 3.97 ERA as a reliver with lefty splits of .320/.452/.360.

QUOTE(jackie hayes @ May 14, 2005 -> 09:16 PM)
Y'all must be joking.

Everyone says there will be rough patches, then after 1 f'n game, we're getting rid of our prize acquisition from last season and a reliever w/ a sub-4 era.  1 game, jeeeeeez.

Noone's taken "Judy" off their fav hot key, I hope.

I can guarantee there are people here just ITCHING to call him Judy again.

Fact is, the Sox have lost a couple of "winnable" games and won a bunch of "loseable" games so far this year. If every game had gone the way it "should have gone", the Sox would NOT be 27-10.

I didn't see Garcia get hurt on too many fastballs last night. I saw a ton of hanging curves, and any team is gonna crush those, especially a really good offensive club like Baltimore.

That said, I'm more concerned about Freddy than any other starter right now. He seems to give leads back right away, and he isn't getting the big out right now. I hope he straightens things out soon.

Garcia had no velocity last night. At least, not until he had coughed up the 5-2 lead. Then he seemed to realize he was pitching in a game.

Marte is the only consistent lefty we have in the 'pen. But good lefties are hard to come by. I don't think it would hurt to try Munoz, other than using up an option.

In the end, it's one game in crappy weather. The Twins are 6 games back and getting beat on by the Rangers.

Personally, I am done with the Neal Cotts experience.

As much as I have supported him and given him a chance, he belongs in the minor leagues. The guy can't throw strikes. He can't strand an inherited runner. He can't get lefties out.

Exactly what is he useful for?

Don't give me "his era is under 4". Last night when we needed him to hold Baltimore down, he wet the bed. He's wet the bed the whole time he's been up here. All those starts that he pissed away when he first came up that got the roulette wheel started. The Josh Phelps homer in Toronto last year. Then stunts like last night.

Get him OUTTA here.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ May 16, 2005 -> 01:40 AM)
Adkins up, Cotts down.

Adkins stats down at Charlotte (he's been starting).

2-3, 4.75 ERA, 13 BB's, 30 K's.

Bajenaru's stats;

1-0, 0.54 ERA, 9 BB's, 15 K's, 1 HR in 16.2 IP.

Munoz's stats;

1-3, 5.04 ERA, 8 BB's, 24 K's.

Josh Fields' stats (no, not that Josh Fields);

0-1, 3.38 ERA, 10 BB's, 14 K's.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ May 15, 2005 -> 03:40 PM)
Adkins up, Cotts down.

Adkins wouldn't be doing a whole lot better than Cotts right now.

Adkins wasn't pitched in many close/tight ballgames last year -- he was the mop-up guy. His P (stat determining the overall pressure of the situation) was lower than Cotts' last year, meaning that Guillen didn't trust him in many close games.

If they were to send down Cotts, I'd like to see Munoz or Baj get their shot...

Garcia has been decribed as the Jekyl and Hyde of the Sox pitching staff. You never know which one is going to take the mound. He has the potential, but doesn't seem to be able to be conistent other than consistently inconsitent. Hope he grows that which the Nuke says he is missing.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ May 15, 2005 -> 04:23 PM)
Adkins wouldn't be doing a whole lot better than Cotts right now. 

Adkins wasn't pitched in many close/tight ballgames last year -- he was the mop-up guy.  His P (stat determining the overall pressure of the situation) was lower than Cotts' last year, meaning that Guillen didn't trust him in many close games.

If they were to send down Cotts, I'd like to see Munoz or Baj get their shot...

I think all the Adkins love comes from that one yankee game he pitched in at the begining of last season... when he shutdown the yanks for like 3 innings. But other than that outing he really didnt impress me at all last year.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ May 15, 2005 -> 04:53 PM)
As was I

I was confused that everyone in the IF was playing the shift, yet Konerko wasn't guarding the line? That didn't make a whole lot of sense to me.

I also think that Konerko of two years ago makes that play, but maybe I'm just talking out of my ass again...