Sox vs Rangers

soxman35

QUOTE(Chisoxrd5 @ May 16, 2005 -> 08:19 AM)
Some of the posters odd and creepy obsessions really intrigue me...

:banghead  :headshake  :rolly  :puke

Ok that about sums up my opinion of that

I really don't get how Cotts is the 'downfall' of this team or how his promotion or demotion a 'priority'. He's the last guy in our bullpen how is his anything important? I'll never understand...but i digress

How is he the last guy in our bullpen. He is up most of the time. And he came into two games over the weekend to stop the bleeding and he cant throw strikes. Its one thing to walk a guy, its another thing to plunk a guy and then throw a pitch almost over the head of a batter. His wildness is almost funny if we werent a good team. This guy coming out of the bullpen in a close game is terrible.

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ May 16, 2005 -> 10:08 AM)
Remember what happened just before we had a 'big series' with Baltimore?  TB snuck up on us.  Again there is a 'big series' coming up with the Cubs, we'd better not snooze with Texas.

Some reason, I don't think we have to worry about that. Maybe it's just the Cubs being the Cubs, but I could care less of who we're playing this weekend. It just doesn't seem to be that big of a deal this year.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ May 16, 2005 -> 09:04 AM)
How is he the last guy in our bullpen.  He is up most of the time.  And he came into two games over the weekend to stop the bleeding and he cant throw strikes.  Its one thing to walk a guy, its another thing to plunk a guy and then throw a pitch almost over the head of a batter.  His wildness is almost funny if we werent a good team.  This guy coming out of the bullpen in a close game is terrible.

Well I guess I have him labeled as the last guy in our pen. I can't for the life of me understand why the only times Ozzie brings him into the game is with runners on in a relatively tight ball game. His ERA still is respectable, and if used correctly I think he can still be an extremely valuable asset to the team.

I agree that he has to be taken out of his current role, but I think its ridiculous to make him getting sent down a "priority' to once again be competitive.

For my money, Vizcaino has been far and away the most disappointing pitcher for me the last couple of weeks. He is an completely different pitcher than he was last year. He basically has become a 42 year old Mike Jackson who throws exclusively 82 mph sliders...its pretty disgusting

QUOTE(Chisoxrd5 @ May 16, 2005 -> 11:14 AM)
Well I guess I have him labeled as the last guy in our pen. I can't for the life of me understand why the only times Ozzie brings him into the game is with runners on in a relatively tight ball game. His ERA still is respectable, and if used correctly I think he can still be an extremely valuable asset to the team.

I agree that he has to be taken out of his current role, but I think its ridiculous to make him getting sent down a "priority' to once again be competitive.

For my money, Vizcaino has been far and away the most disappointing pitcher for me the last couple of weeks. He is an completely different pitcher than he was last year. He basically has become a 42 year old Mike Jackson who throws exclusively 82 mph sliders...its pretty disgusting

But Cotts lets absolutely every inherited runner score. It's not even a joke, I swear he always lets inherited runners score.

QUOTE(Dam8610 @ May 16, 2005 -> 02:14 AM)
Eat s***? Probably not. Taste defeat? Definitely!  :gosox1:

The taste of defeat IS s***... so yes.. they will be eating some s*** :gosox1:

Edited by T R U

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ May 16, 2005 -> 09:04 AM)
How is he the last guy in our bullpen.  He is up most of the time.  And he came into two games over the weekend to stop the bleeding and he cant throw strikes.  Its one thing to walk a guy, its another thing to plunk a guy and then throw a pitch almost over the head of a batter.  His wildness is almost funny if we werent a good team.  This guy coming out of the bullpen in a close game is terrible.

My problem is with Cotts being brought in after he had a train wreck of an outing when Politte hasn't pitched in forever. If Politte was hurt then I could see but why is he not getting some work if he's healthy?

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ May 16, 2005 -> 01:46 PM)
Let's hit the ball out of the Ho Park tonight.  He's been decent this year but not good lately so we better swing the damn bats tonight

LOL!

Id like to see Oz adjust the lineup to keep at least 2 batters between Kong and Dead. If he does that we'll have a better chance to keep an inning going.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ May 16, 2005 -> 02:42 PM)
Goin down tonight.

El Duque's gotta stop the minor skid just like in Tampa.  And we got rough up Ho.

GET IT DONE EL DUQUE

HAHA GITERDONE!!!!!

Duque will be fine. He's had a couple of rocky outings giving up the walk but he's been fairly steady thusfar.

QUOTE(flippedoutpunk @ May 16, 2005 -> 02:44 PM)
ill be sittin in the bleachers tonight.. hollaaaa!  first guy to say wassup gets to take home their pick of one of the girls ill be with  :cheers  :bringit

Well...I'll be in the bleachers as well...

Guess I'll holla at ya in general...

QUOTE(Chisoxrd5 @ May 16, 2005 -> 03:34 PM)
Well...I'll be in the bleachers as well...

Guess I'll holla at ya in general...

Rock on! look for a dude with a sox t shirt with the logo in army camoflauge.. or if its cold, ill be wearing an Army Ranger hoodie! :headbang

QUOTE(whitesoxin' @ May 15, 2005 -> 09:51 PM)
Make 'em eat s*** on ESPN!

I had no idea that we're going to be on ESPN. :unsure:

Hopefully the pitching and especially the offense is there tonight. :pray

QUOTE(flippedoutpunk @ May 16, 2005 -> 04:47 PM)
Rock on! look for a dude with a sox t shirt with the logo in army camoflauge.. or if its cold, ill be wearing an Army Ranger hoodie!  :headbang

Bring the hoodie. I think we are going to the SC. ;)