Sox @ Rangers -- 5/29/05

QUOTE(fathom @ May 29, 2005 -> 01:57 PM)
I'm the biggest hindsight guy there is, but no way do you take Garland out for Mench before.  He had made some good pitches on Mench in this game.  I do find it pathetic that Ozzie didn't even have anyone warming up.

Dye cant hit, and Dye cant play defense.

• Replies 707
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Way to leave him in Ozzie, you dumb motherf***er. Garland should have been pulled right after Mench's homer. Dye's defense back to reality with a terrible play there in the outfield. He should have just played it off the bounce.

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ May 29, 2005 -> 01:58 PM)
Was it stupid for thinking we were going to win this game? This is just getting unreal, it know it'd only be a 3 game losing streak, but still.

Unlike earlier this year, we are not putting long winning streak together anymore. We are hovering. Playing sub 500 ball. Guess what if you play sub 500 ball the rest of the division will catch up.

by the way everyone, they will still be playing the 7th, 8th, and 9th innings today. just thought I'd let everyone know that they will not be cutting it short tonight so everyone can go home and watch the Yankees-Red Sox game...and as I type this the Rangers score 2 more runs and I guess Ozzie still hasn't figured out you can in fact pull your starter before the 7th.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ May 29, 2005 -> 07:59 PM)
Unlike earlier this year, we are not putting long winning streak together anymore.  We are hovering.  Playing sub 500 ball.  Guess what if you play sub 500 ball the rest of the division will catch up.

The Twins are a better team than we are. It will take the Sox playing great ball for the last 100 games of the season or so in order for us to beat them for the division. I don't think this team is good enough to play great ball over the course of the season. Too many easy outs.

QUOTE(AirScott @ May 29, 2005 -> 02:59 PM)
by the way everyone, they will still be playing the 7th, 8th, and 9th innings today.  just thought I'd let everyone know that they will not be cutting it short tonight so everyone can go home and watch the Yankees-Red Sox game...and as I type this the Rangers score 2 more runs and I guess Ozzie still hasn't figured out you can in fact pull your starter before the 7th.

would you care to wager on who wins this game now? they could give us six innings to come back. not gonna happen.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ May 29, 2005 -> 02:59 PM)
Unlike earlier this year, we are not putting long winning streak together anymore.  We are hovering.  Playing sub 500 ball.  Guess what if you play sub 500 ball the rest of the division will catch up.

Yeah, maybe some of the critics were right about us finishing 3rd or 4th. While I don't think that's going to happen, it makes you wonder how this team has had the best record in baseball for over a month.

So...now that we're finally out of that mess...can anyone tell me how in the name of Hell we've only scored 3 runs off of Chan Ho Park today? The guy has been absolutely terrible.

He's been walking people, he's been behind almost every hitter, and yet we can't get more than 3 runs? AAARRRRGGGGHHHHHH.

If he wasn't getting the call on that pitch down & in to the left handed hitters, he wouldn't have had a single pitch to get people out with.

QUOTE(jerseysox @ May 29, 2005 -> 03:01 PM)
would you care to wager on who wins this game now? they could give us six innings to come back. not gonna happen.

I began typing that at 5-3 when everyone was saying it was over. I probably should have erased it, but if you give me really good odds, I'll consider it.

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ May 29, 2005 -> 08:02 PM)
Yeah, maybe some of the critics were right about us finishing 3rd or 4th. While I don't think that's going to happen, it makes you wonder how this team has had the best record in baseball for over a month.

We were winning games earlier on we had absolutely no reason to win. How many games were we on here saying how lucky we got, etc. Well, our hitting is worse now than it was back then, and our pitching has not been getting that tough 3rd out in the big inning. Our smallball approach is simply awful. We have 2 players capable of playing that way, and their ability is minimized by terrible hitters batting right after them.

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ May 29, 2005 -> 01:02 PM)

The Dodgers were on fire for a few weeks there too.

We are so much better of a team than this on paper. Especially at the bat. This is just so freaking frustrating...every single guy on this team other than Iguchi and Pods are hitting well below their career averages.

Let's hope that rainout is a good thing...gets Frank back in the lineup 1 game faster.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ May 29, 2005 -> 08:05 PM)
The Dodgers were on fire for a few weeks there too.

We are so much better of a team than this on paper.  Especially at the bat.  This is just so freaking frustrating...every single guy on this team other than Iguchi and Pods are hitting well below their career averages.

That's the problem, our pitching is so much worse on paper than it has been so far this year. Will Contreras and Garland continue to pitch like all-stars the rest of the year? Very doubtful (but possible). El Duque will likely be touch-and-go the rest of the season with his injury.