Sox @ Rangers -- 5/29/05

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ May 29, 2005 -> 08:15 PM)
I just want to see the White Sox put a 5 spot up sometime, this is just pissing me off.

Hard to have a consistent rally when there's SO many easy outs in your lineup. Also, our inability to draw a walk really kills us in rallies.

• Replies 707
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ May 29, 2005 -> 02:16 PM)
They are not better than us...almost 1 through 9 we have better players.  Aside from Torii Hunter and maybe Joe Mauer, can you name a guy who they have who is a better player at their position than the guy we have?  At least on paper, in terms of career numbers, we have better players at almost every position.

Our guys are just hugely underperforming.  It's absolutely ridiculous.  These guys should be so much better than they are but it seems like they just won't snap out of it.

Morneau is better than PK.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ May 29, 2005 -> 08:16 PM)
They are not better than us...almost 1 through 9 we have better players.  Aside from Torii Hunter and maybe Joe Mauer, can you name a guy who they have who is a better player at their position than the guy we have?  At least on paper, in terms of career numbers, we have better players at almost every position.

Our guys are just hugely underperforming.  It's absolutely ridiculous.  These guys should be so much better than they are but it seems like they just won't snap out of it.

I'd take Morneau at 1b, Stewart in LF, and Jones in RF. The only positions I feel like we're better than the Twins are 2nd base and SS. Cuddyer has looked better than Crede this year.

QUOTE(fathom @ May 29, 2005 -> 03:16 PM)
Hard to have a consistent rally when there's SO many easy outs in your lineup.  Also, our inability to draw a walk really kills us in rallies.

Just putting up the big inning is one of the FEW things I miss about last years team.

QUOTE(fathom @ May 29, 2005 -> 01:15 PM)
I think he meant that no one really is showing signs.  I do like the way Dye is swinging the bat right now.  Clearly, our biggest offensive problem is Crede.  The person I'm worried about is Pods (sorry Rowand44).  So much of our offense has been based on him getting on base, and he seems to not be reaching base nearly as much as he was during our great stretch.

Paulie looked before today like he was starting to snap out of it...like .300 over his last few games...Dead keeps having 1 good game followed by 4 bad games...Uribe had 2 hits today but nothing spectacular, and Pods has been slowing down.

Not overall a very good set of signs. Man I can't wait to have #35 back in this lineup tomorrow.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ May 29, 2005 -> 02:18 PM)
Paulie looked before today like he was starting to snap out of it...like .300 over his last few games...Dead keeps having 1 good game followed by 4 bad games...Uribe had 2 hits today but nothing spectacular, and Pods has been slowing down.

Not overall a very good set of signs.  Man I can't wait to have #35 back in this lineup tomorrow.

I want gload back. That guy is a doubles machine.

reading some of these posts makes me sick saying the game is over, and this team sucks. I know it may look bleak but its not over till its over some of you call yourselfs fans well try acting like it and have faith. And for the people saying we suck we are palying the hottest team in baseball right now! just have some patience

QUOTE(JimH @ May 29, 2005 -> 08:19 PM)
It's a little annoying.  I understand trying to be objective though.

I know, I'm the last person to complain about an announcer saying nice things about the opposition. However, he just seems a little too eager to compliment the Rangers at every opportunity.

Guest JimH
reading some of these posts makes me sick saying the game is over, and this team sucks. I know it may look bleak but its not over till its over some of you call yourselfs fans well try acting like it and have faith. And for the people saying we suck we are palying  the hottest team in baseball right now! just have some patience

White Sox are not playing well at all but you are right, Texas is white hot at the moment.

Even still, our hitters have not been good.

QUOTE(fathom @ May 29, 2005 -> 03:20 PM)
I know, I'm the last person to complain about an announcer saying nice things about the opposition.  However, he just seems a little too eager to compliment the Rangers at every opportunity.

What I liked best was when he said Mench's home run was foul before we could see where it landed. That was nice.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ May 29, 2005 -> 03:17 PM)
Morneau is better than PK.

are you joking? morneau hasn't even played a full season yet. paulie is a proven 30-plus homer guy. i'm glad we're not overreacting on this board or anything.

QUOTE(Spod=Ratings @ May 29, 2005 -> 02:19 PM)
reading some of these posts makes me sick saying the game is over, and this team sucks. I know it may look bleak but its not over till its over some of you call yourselfs fans well try acting like it and have faith. And for the people saying we suck we are palying  the hottest team in baseball right now! just have some patience

Sure and Chan Ho Park is Cy Young. Stop putting on the cubby blue glasses and just saying the whitesox are great rah rah rah. We have 7 out of 9 hitters that are sub 260. If our pitching doesnt pitch like cy young we dont win games. Period.

QUOTE(Spod=Ratings @ May 29, 2005 -> 03:19 PM)

the team's problems are a lot harder to ignore when your struggling. and this team is struggling, so this is only natural. and here's Ozzie bringing in Politte...about 15 minutes too late.

QUOTE(Spod=Ratings @ May 29, 2005 -> 08:19 PM)

Remember when we were the hottest team in baseball, and everyone said that we weren't allowed to complain about anything? All of us on here are Sox fans, I can guarantee you that. However, it's painfully obvious that our current lineup is not good enough to win the division over the long haul. That's our biggest concern. f***, you don't even see us trashing Garland that bad for having a terrible inning and throwing a meatball with 2 strikes. Could you imagine how bad he would have been bashed last year if he did the same thing?

I would take Lew Ford over Everett and possibly Frank, Morneau over PK, Stewart over Pods, Jones over Dye, Cuddyer over Crede, their plantoon over Uribe, Mauer over A.J. Santana over Buerhle, Radke over Garland, Silva over Garcia, Mays over El-Duque and only Contreras over Lohse. Not to mention their entire bullpen over ours with the lone exception of Hermy.