Sox @ Rangers -- 5/29/05

Guest JimH

So if they lose this game it's a 4-5 road trip, they lost 1 1/2 games to the Twins in the standings over that time period, and have their next 18 of 24 games at home.

• Replies 707
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Brian @ May 29, 2005 -> 03:26 PM)
Yeah, this is the only bad game Paulie has had all year.

who would you say are going to be the first basemen on this year's all-star team? i think the guy who is first in homers and second in ribbies among first basemen will probably be on that team, no?

i don't live in chicago, so perhaps i've avoided it, but does everyone out there suffer from twin-is envy?

QUOTE(JimH @ May 29, 2005 -> 08:29 PM)
So if they lose this game it's a 4-5 road trip, they lost 1 1/2 games to the Twins in the standings over that time period, and have their next 18 of 24 games at home.

Well said. This road trip could have been much worse. We honestly got lucky as hell in the Cubs Saturday game against Zambrano, and could have easily lost that extra inning Angels game.

QUOTE(Spod=Ratings @ May 29, 2005 -> 02:23 PM)
i am not saying there great but look at the record they are in first place and best record in the bigs. what more do you want!

How about putting some runs on the board. Getting runners in when you have men on 2nd and 3rd with less than two outs. Play like they have heart. Thats what I want.

And a side note to all of the rah rah boys:

And before people start questioning peoples loyalty because a person may have a disenting opinion. Remember people here spend a lot of time talking whitesox and watching every game. I bleed whitesox black and white just as much as anyone. I want a good product on the field. I expect a lot from this team. They have a great start, DONT f***ING waste that great start or rest on your laurels. The KC Royals had a great start two years ago, guess what they finished 3rd. You have to play consistantly, and its a marathon.

Dont question peoples loyality because they dont say, hey they are have 7 out of 9 guys batting sub 260. YEAH. I personally spent a few grand to cart my entire family down to tuscon for two weeks every year for the last 5 years. Go to soxfest, go to about 20-30 games a year. I never miss a f***ing game. Before any of you rah rah boys question our loyalty get a clue.

QUOTE(jerseysox @ May 29, 2005 -> 08:30 PM)
who would you say are going to be the first basemen on this year's all-star team? i think the guy who is first in homers and second in ribbies among first basemen will probably be on that team, no?

i don't live in chicago, so perhaps i've avoided it, but does everyone out there suffer from twin-is envy?

PK won't be making the all-star team. I can guarantee you that.

Morneau is hitting .292 with 7 home runs and 29 RBI in 130 at bats.

Konerko is hitting .234 with 13 home runs and 37 RBI in 175 at bats.

I'll take the Paulie from last year...where he spent the year around .280, over Morneau. I don't want a Konerko who hits .234.

QUOTE(jerseysox @ May 29, 2005 -> 03:26 PM)
i agree. past performance is no guarantee of current production. but paulie is having a better season than morneau this year, so i'm not getting it.

just someone tell me what makes him better? his propensity for hitting the ball the opposite way?

seemingly more consistent, more power, and yes, Morneau uses the whole field.

QUOTE(JimH @ May 29, 2005 -> 03:29 PM)

EXACTLY. we all got spoiled in the first two months of this season.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ May 29, 2005 -> 08:30 PM)
How about putting some runs on the board.  Getting runners in when you have men on 2nd and 3rd with less than two outs.  Play like they have heart.  Thats what I want. 

And a side note to all of the rah rah boys:

And before people start questioning peoples loyalty because a person may have a disenting opinion.  Remember people here spend a lot of time talking whitesox and watching every game.  I bleed whitesox black and white just as much as anyone.  I want a good product on the field.  I expect a lot from this team.  They have a great start, DONT f***ING waste that great start or rest on your laurels.  The KC Royals had a great start two years ago, guess what they finished 3rd.  You have to play consistantly, and its a marathon.

Dont question peoples loyality because they dont say, hey they are have 7 out of 9 guys batting sub 260. YEAH.  I personally spent a few grand to cart my entire family down to tuscon for two weeks every year for the last 5 years.  Go to soxfest, go to about 20-30 games a year.  I never miss a f***ing game.  Before any of you rah rah boys question our loyalty get a clue.

:notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

QUOTE(JimH @ May 29, 2005 -> 02:29 PM)

Now THAT is what I like to hear...besides, we can only get better (hopefully) with Frank joining us on Monday.

The biggest difference in the last week compared to previous games was the fact that early in the season, our pitchers were pulling a rabbit out of their ass to get out of innings with 2 outs. Lately, we've given up the big 2 out hit instead of getting the guy out (Dubois homer, Kennedy's double, McPherson's homer, Mench's homer).

A little home cooking will be nice, I've got to admit I have been over-reacting, but that's what you do when you are die-hard. 18 of the next 24, with games against the Tribe, Colorado and the rest of the bad NL West should get us rolling again.

QUOTE(fathom @ May 29, 2005 -> 03:34 PM)
The biggest difference in the last week compared to previous games was the fact that early in the season, our pitchers were pulling a rabbit out of their ass to get out of innings with 2 outs.  Lately, we've given up the big 2 out hit instead of getting the guy out (Dubois homer, Kennedy's double, McPherson's homer, Mench's homer).

and all those hits happened late, normally the time that a reliever might come in.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ May 29, 2005 -> 01:34 PM)
Uribe with a 3 hit day

Juan, can you teach Crede how to bust a slump?

If Uribe follows the Dye pattern...He won't have a hit for the next 4 games.

What happened to the Podsednik from about a week ago? He looks terrible up there right now. It'd be lovely to see him take a walk. Just 1.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ May 29, 2005 -> 03:31 PM)
Morneau is hitting .292 with 7 home runs and 29 RBI in 130 at bats.

Konerko is hitting .234 with 13 home runs and 37 RBI in 175 at bats.

I'll take the Paulie from last year...where he spent the year around .280, over Morneau.  I don't want a Konerko who hits .234.

i agree. a paulie who hits .234, can not stand!!! (bad seinfeld reference there).

but consider this -- it is still may. i hate using this example, but derek jeter was hitting something .013 after may, and wound up hitting nearly .300 for the year. yeah, yeah, paul konerko isn't derek jeter, but you get the idea.

also, paulie's protection in the lineup this year has been garbage. you might as well hit me behind him. with frank back tomorrow, hopefully he stays healthy and helps paulie get some more pitches to hit.

i'm just not ready to turn on paulie after the numbers he's put up in the past with the lineup he's been hitting in this year.

and i'll bet ANYTHING paul konerko makes the all-star team.

and for the record, no, i'm not related to paul konerko. :D