Sox @ Rangers -- 5/29/05

• Replies 707
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

PK's a FA at the end of this year!  That's why he's not exactly a hot commodity for any team looking to rebuild.  Also, Field is going to have to start to produce a little more in the minors before he has a lot of trade value.  He's not exactly lighting up the minors.

Bingo. If the Rockies were to trade Helton, they would be looking to dump his salary and add good prospects. They wouldn't want to add Konerko and then try to resign him for $8+ million. That's ridiculous.

QUOTE(qwerty @ May 29, 2005 -> 07:25 PM)
The current strike zone in the mlb sucks ass.

True, but once you know what the ump's zone is, you need to protect. Garland got the same call, if not more outside, on Young earlier in the game.

QUOTE(fathom @ May 29, 2005 -> 07:24 PM)
PK's a FA at the end of this year!  That's why he's not exactly a hot commodity for any team looking to rebuild.  Also, Field is going to have to start to produce a little more in the minors before he has a lot of trade value.  He's not exactly lighting up the minors.

Fields is a first-round pick of last year -- regardless of whether or not he's producing right now, he has a lot of value...

QUOTE(fathom @ May 29, 2005 -> 01:25 PM)
Whoever made the comment about the Sox not protecting the plate with 2 strikes is exactly right.

Pick your poison. They either let it go and get rung up or offer at it and pull it to the shortstop. Either way its the same result.

QUOTE(fathom @ May 29, 2005 -> 01:09 PM)
He's really having a rough time at the plate in terms of making solid contact.  His bat seems to be dragging through the zone big time.

Actually he's been making solid contact a lot lately just not getting a whole bunch of hits.

QUOTE(qwerty @ May 29, 2005 -> 07:25 PM)
The current strike zone in the mlb sucks ass.

I can't say that I like this guy's strike-zone, but at least he's consistent with it. He's giving Jon the same pitches that he's giving Park.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ May 29, 2005 -> 02:27 PM)
I can't say that I like this guy's strike-zone, but at least he's consistent with it.  He's giving Jon the same pitches that he's giving Park.

What i am saying raise the strike zone to say the letters rather than the damn ankles. It is ridiculous to say the least.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ May 29, 2005 -> 01:27 PM)
I can't say that I like this guy's strike-zone, but at least he's consistent with it.  He's giving Jon the same pitches that he's giving Park.

Agreed. As long as he's consistent with it I have no problem with it being a little too big or to small. The hitters just have to adjust.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ May 29, 2005 -> 01:27 PM)

They have had two times this series where they have gotten something going. On Friday night late in the game, and earlier today. Its when they go with the pitches. If its in, Pull it. If its outside dont.

Yet when something that shows you sucess, please dont repeat it. Just go back to PULL BASEBALL SON.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ May 29, 2005 -> 07:29 PM)
They have had two times this series where they have gotten something going.  On Friday night late in the game, and earlier today.  Its when they go with the pitches.  If its in, Pull it.  If its outside dont. 

Yet when something that shows you sucess, please dont repeat it.  Just go back to PULL BASEBALL SON.

It all relates to being an easy out. That same pitch that Dye took for a called 3rd was a very tough pitch. However, that's the same type of pitch you see guys like Stewart or L. Ford flip out to right field for hits (both guys the epitome of tough outs). However, basically Iguchi is the only one on our team who would protect the plate in a similar situation and just go with the pitch.