Sox @ Rangers -- 5/29/05

I still believe it is a pipedream, but if you want to replace Crede at 3B, go all out and get Chavez, unless it costs McCarthty. Despite his bad start, I just think Chavez would rake at the Cell.

• Replies 707
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Jabroni @ May 29, 2005 -> 10:35 AM)
Are you nuts?  Why not? :huh:

Because his trade value is greater than Randa's. I think If I were dealing Randa isn't the type of guy that will put the club on top and If I were dealing I'd be willing to give up quite a bit for another hitter (I think the Sox desperately need a good average hitter who has some decent speed...preferably an outfielder).

I don't know if the Pirates would be interested in dealing Matt Lawton (I dont' even know how he's doing this year) but he'd look really nice, imo. The question is would they be willing to unload Dye because I highly doubt they are willing to admit this move was a mistake (not sure if it was, and he has hit for power, so hopefully he can get going).

Regardless DH, RF, SS, and 3B are total holes in this lineup right now and its hard to win when thats happening.

Dye could get going, Uribe could, Crede is hopeless, Thomas will hopefully help out and than you have Gload super subbing.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ May 29, 2005 -> 06:38 PM)
Not the best approach when we can't score for f***ing s***.

2nd and 3rd and no outs, if you hold em to 1 run, you did something.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ May 29, 2005 -> 06:38 PM)
Garland's only weakness -- he has no strikeout pitch.  That is exact the situation in which he needs one.

Earlier this year, Garland was throwing that slider under the hands of the lefty batters. I would have liked to see him try and throw that on Nix with a 3-2 count. God knows any Sox hitter would have K'd on a pitch like that.

Guest JimH
Then I'm gonna break Crede's leg.  That's right, it's not green.

I'm frustrated with him too, and I have more patience with players than most of you guys on this board.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ May 29, 2005 -> 12:38 PM)
Not the best approach when we can't score for f***ing s***.

If you can limit texas to one run after having them hit 2 balls very softly and having 2nd and 3rd with nobody out then you did a very good job.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ May 29, 2005 -> 01:39 PM)
If you can limit texas to one run after having them hit 2 balls very softly and having 2nd and 3rd with nobody out then you did a very good job.

Not saying Garland did a bad job, but every run they score it seems like we are f***ed.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ May 29, 2005 -> 06:39 PM)
Why do you guys think Crede has so much trade value?  He plays good defense but he can't hit for s*** and 3rd base is an offensive position.

Crede has absolutely no trade value. He's no longer considered young, especially with his arbitration clock so far along.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ May 29, 2005 -> 06:39 PM)
Why do you guys think Crede has so much trade value?  He plays good defense but he can't hit for s*** and 3rd base is an offensive position.

Nobody here is saying that Crede alone will get you Huff or Chavez, but Randa is up their in age and has never had a real breakout year. He had a GREAT first week of the year and since has been average. I would give Fields a shot before trading for Randa and Fields probably isn't ready.

Where's Herbert Perry? :P

Crede has absolutely no trade value.  He's no longer considered young, especially with his arbitration clock so far along.

Exactly what I was thinking. He can play defense but he can't hit and he has the speed of a turtle. He isn't getting any cheaper either. Why would anyone want him?

Edited by Jabroni

One thing I've never understood is how we never have Crede playing close to the line. Soriano is going to pull the inside fastball by Garland about 100 percent of the time. I watch a lot of Texas games, and other teams usually have their 3rd baseman very close to the line for Soriano.

Guest JimH

Think about it. He's making peanuts, he's above average defensively at worst, he's not a clubhouse problem, he's very durable, he supplies some power, and he just turned 27. Whether we believe he will achieve greater things or not doesn't matter. IMO lots of teams would be intrigued with how they can unlock his offensive abilities.

Jason is right, he's got way more trade value than Joe Randa.

All this being said, I'm frustrated as hell with him just like anybody else. Guillen admitted on the pregame show they're worried about the overall offense ... first time I heard him say that.