Jokers Wild

southsideirish71

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ May 31, 2005 -> 02:07 PM)
Let's also trade PK, Everett, Uribe, and Dye. Because their offense isn't doing good either.

Have those guys ever had a track record of hitting at the major league level. Then close your Crede apologist eyes and ask yourself has Joe Crede outside of a few weeks in April ever hiit at the major league level.

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ May 31, 2005 -> 02:04 PM)
Baseball is a stats based game.  If am sure that if we ignore Range Factor and Fielding percentage Jose Valentin is a better defender also than Joe Randa.  LOL.

Billy Beane is that you????? :P

Let's also trade PK, Everett, Uribe, and Dye. Because their offense isn't doing good either.

What a moronic post. Konerko, Everett, and Dye all have a history of hitting well. Cruddy does not. Uribe had a better season last year than Cruddy could ever dream of. He is also staying because he's the only one we have that can play SS.

Have those guys ever had a track record of hitting at the major league level.  Then close your Crede apologist eyes and ask yourself has Joe Crede outside of a few weeks in April ever hiit at the major league level.

You beat me to it. ;)

Edited by Jabroni

Guest JimH
I could care less if they trade Crede for Randa or just prospects.  As long as we trade for Randa or a 3rd baseman that can hit better than .225 and let Cruddy ride the pine.  Then they can decide on what to do with Cruddy after the season is over.

Don't hold your breath, they won't trade for a 3B just to let Crede sit.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ May 31, 2005 -> 02:03 PM)
I could care less if they trade Crede for Randa or just prospects.  As long as we trade for Randa or a 3rd baseman that can hit better than .225 and let Cruddy ride the pine.  Then they can decide on what to do with Cruddy after the season is over.

Once again, Chavez :pray

QUOTE(RockRaines @ May 31, 2005 -> 02:08 PM)
Billy Beane is that you????? :P

Just close your eyes and you pick the guy you like the most instead of using stats. Why do you think they record Batting averages and other stats.

Hey maybe we should make Shingo our closer again. I mean throw out the ERA or his ability to give up the long ball, that frisbee is pretty cool and I like him.

Edited by southsideirish71

Guest JimH
That would be a retarded trade and i hate crede as much as anyone here. I also have been the biggest backer for randa ( since october) and i think it would be moronic.  Like you said it is a safe predicition that we would not trade crede for randa straight up... it would be something far less than crede.

Yes, absolutely.

Suppose Crede got hurt and they needed Randa. The Sox would be looking at giving up a decent (but not top tier) prospect. That's it.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ May 31, 2005 -> 02:11 PM)
Just close your eyes and you pick the guy you like the most instead of using stats.  Why do you think they record Batting averages and other stats. 

Hey maybe we should make Shingo our closer again.  I mean throw out the ERA or his ability to give up the long ball, that frisbee is pretty cool and I like him.

:huh: I actually like Randa more then Crede so I don't understand your point. Stats aren't everything, not even close.

Don't hold your breath, they won't trade for a 3B just to let Crede sit.

And why not? Kenny traded for Everett in 2003 to replace Rowand and Willie in CF. He also traded for Robbie Alomar twice to replace Willie at 2nd base. Did you forget about that?

Edited by Jabroni

Guest JimH
In Crede's age 22 season, he was at AA Birmingham, posting a .306/.375/.490 line with 21 HR and 94 RBIs in 500 ABs...

In Fields age 22 season, he is posting a .213/.292/.320 line at AA Birmingham, on pace to strike out about 150 times.

Fields has Joe Borchard written all over him.

I'm equally concerned about Fields, I just hope his recent personal loss is the only factor in his very sub par performance lately.

Too much money tied up in Chavez.

Randa would be a good fit for our budget and has been a consistent producer.

I also think Polanco could be plugged in at 3rd, even though his best position is 2B.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ May 31, 2005 -> 02:11 PM)
Just close your eyes and you pick the guy you like the most instead of using stats.  Why do you think they record Batting averages and other stats. 

Hey maybe we should make Shingo our closer again.  I mean throw out the ERA or his ability to give up the long ball, that frisbee is pretty cool and I like him.

Wow, you can look at both sides of the coin on this argument, so I wont even humor you, considering I was kidding in the first place. Everyone on here needs to take a xanax, drink an Old style and breathe.

Guest JimH
And why not?  Kenny traded for Everett in 2003 to replace Rowand and Willie in CF.  He also traded for Robbie Alomar twice to replace Willie at 2nd base.  Did you forget about that?

Well if you can hold your breath until at least the end of June please be my guest.

Big difference between Crede and the others you mentioned (Harris Rowand) in terms of experience at the time. Neither Harris or Rowand had proved anything at the ML level. Crede at least has shown he's good defensively for a whole season and can drive in some runs.

Anything else on this?

Again I reiterate ... Sox will not be trading Crede straight up for Randa, nor will they trade for Randa and have Crede sit on the bench. It will not happen. As to why, revisit all the comments from Guillen and KW about showing faith in players and sticking with the decisions they made before the season started, at least for a while. Oh, and the team is in 1st place which somewhat negates a panic trade.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ May 31, 2005 -> 02:08 PM)
Have those guys ever had a track record of hitting at the major league level.  Then close your Crede apologist eyes and ask yourself has Joe Crede outside of a few weeks in April ever hiit at the major league level.

Apologist? Wow. I support a player just like I support the rest of the White Sox and if I defend one player you don't like I'm an apologist? I'm glad to see I'm having a grown up discussion here Dye has been breaking down. PK has been s***ty. Put Gload in that spot and he probably has as much RBI's because of Iguchi and Pods(hell, put AJ there and he's within 5). Fact is most of the offense is failing. I'm just seeing Crede being hated on though. I have no problem if Crede is doing crappy and is the only one, but the fact is, he isn't the only one. It's the whole offense minus 3 people and Willie.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ May 31, 2005 -> 03:15 PM)
Wow, you can look at both sides of the coin on this argument, so I wont even humor you, considering I was kidding in the first place.  Everyone on here needs to take a xanax, drink an Old style and breathe.

OS-Cubs-Ivy-16c.jpg

I think I'll pass on the Old Style. :puke

Guest JimH
Didn't he do that with Olivo and Garcia?

Do you think the Sox negotiated a bit with Garcia's agent before pulling the trade off, seeing as he signed the 3 year deal almost immediately?

Again, different circumstances because you're talking about a #2 proven starting pitcher who was being chased after by a few teams, not the least of which was the NYY. Totally different than Joe Randa.

QUOTE(JimH @ May 31, 2005 -> 02:18 PM)
Well if you can hold your breath until at least the end of June please be my guest.

Big difference between Crede and the others you mentioned (Harris Rowand) in terms of experience at the time.  Neither Harris or Rowand had proved anything at the ML level.  Crede at least has shown he's good defensively for a whole season and can drive in some runs.

Anything else on this?

Again I reiterate ... Sox will not be trading Crede straight up for Randa, nor will they trade for Randa and have Crede sit on the bench.  It will not happen.  As to why, revisit all the comments from Guillen and KW about showing faith in players and sticking with the decisions they made before the season started, at least for a while.  Oh, and the team is in 1st place which somewhat negates a panic trade.

Usually KW jumps the gun so he doesnt have to get into a bidding war with other contenders.

Resting your laurels on the fact that we are a first place team, like the twins are so far back that a few losses cant negate that is a myopic view at best. Our pitching has been great. What hasnt been even good, our offense. So where do we upgrade. Crede is the obvious choice.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ May 31, 2005 -> 02:22 PM)
Usually KW jumps the gun so he doesnt have to get into a bidding war with other contenders. 

Resting your laurels on the fact that we are a first place team, like the twins are so far back that a few losses cant negate that is a myopic view at best.  Our pitching has been great.  What hasnt been even good, our offense.  So where do we upgrade.  Crede is the obvious choice.

And PK and Everett and Uribe...

QUOTE(JimH @ May 31, 2005 -> 08:18 PM)

Big difference between Crede and the others you mentioned (Harris Rowand) in terms of experience at the time.  Neither Harris or Rowand had proved anything at the ML level.  Crede at least has shown he's good defensively for a whole season and can drive in some runs.

Anything else on this?

Again I reiterate ... Sox will not be trading Crede straight up for Randa, nor will they trade for Randa and have Crede sit on the bench.  It will not happen.  As to why, revisit all the comments from Guillen and KW about showing faith in players and sticking with the decisions they made before the season started, at least for a while.  Oh, and the team is in 1st place which somewhat negates a panic trade.

I can't see us trading Crede for Randa. I assumed it would be for prospects, most likely pitching. Somebody suggested Crede for Randa? Wow.

As for having Crede sit on the bench, I disagree. We're a 1/3 of the way through the season. Crede had a nice stretch at the end of April, he needs to have another one. I'm sure the org wants to give Crede every opportunity, they've invested alot of time in him, but KW's job is to fill holes before the trade deadline. If Crede hasn't picked it up before July, I have no doubt his starting role will be in jeopardy.