Who is on your Sox wish list

Winnin Ugly

I just looked at some stats for Chavez. He's hitting .286 with a .333 OBP, in the last 7 days. Maybe he's coming around finally. 9 K's to 2 BB in those games though. And most important- I just learned we have the same birthday (he's 3 years older though). It must be fate.

Woh, fate that we get him that is. Not that that there's anything wrong with that.

Edited by mrzo2733

QUOTE(Whitesoxfan56 @ Jun 1, 2005 -> 12:49 PM)
WHO NEEDS ABREU LOL

You should take to C_LEE45. You'd two would get along like a house on fire. ;)

Anyways, all this Chavez talk is irrelevent, because Joe Randa will be on this ballclub very soon.

If it's a wish list:

1) Jake Peavy

2) Albert Pujols

3) Ichiro Suzuki

4) Bobby Abreu

If it's a realistic list (by team needs):

1) bullpen help

2) better bat at 3B

3) better bat in RF

4) 6th starter (for when El Duque needs a prolonged rest)

QUOTE(bulokis @ May 31, 2005 -> 10:43 PM)
Wish list...........

SP - I want Oliver Perez on a Sox uni.

Oliver Perez = too walky

Hes got a boatload of talent but it would be too darn frustrating to watch him pitch. Some of the people on this board would be punching holes in walls watching him... :P

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ May 31, 2005 -> 10:51 PM)
We need some big time bullpen help, and fast.

Thats perhaps the largest overstatement I have ever read...what exactly is soo much worse about our bullpen than any other team in the league?

Bullpen = Hermanson

Marte / pollite / Cotts ( i think?) = OK - not gonna give me confidence when they go out / not gonna really be perfect

Viz / Shingo = Absolotely awful. Everytime they go out i think "were giving up the game"

Barry Zito would be a terrible addition to this team. He is having much bigger problems than just an anemic A's offense - he's lost a ton since his Cy Young year, and I don't particularly expect him to get it back.

It's going to take a lot to pry Lyle Overby away from the Brewers this year - I believe that Prince Fielder, one of their young bats, has been hitting about .250 thus far in the minors, and therefore, it'll probably be another year (2007) before they decide he's ready to come up. That means the Brewers don't really have anyone to fill in the gap in their lineup.

My wish list basically consists of a healthy Frank Thomas, and the Jermaine Dye of last year. The remarkable thing is...both of these are attainable with a little luck (and maybe a good swift kick in the bum), and without having to give up McCarthy.

On the other hand...some middle relief wouldn't be a bad thing (I hear this Bajenaru guy can be had pretty cheaply?)

Hank Blalock...no doubt about it, he'd be one hell of a pickup. Michael Young would be

really nice too. Vernon Wells as well.

But if were talking more realistically, I'd like a new 3rd baseman and one more good reliever. Two more good relievers would be nice, but I'll take one and that 3rd baseman or Shorstop (with Uribe moving to 3rd) should be a good one.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ May 31, 2005 -> 10:02 PM)
Barry Zito would be a terrible addition to this team.  He is having much bigger problems than just an anemic A's offense - he's lost a ton since his Cy Young year, and I don't particularly expect him to get it back.

It's going to take a lot to pry Lyle Overby away from the Brewers this year - I believe that Prince Fielder, one of their young bats, has been hitting about .250 thus far in the minors, and therefore, it'll probably be another year (2007) before they decide he's ready to come up.  That means the Brewers don't really have anyone to fill in the gap in their lineup.

My wish list basically consists of a healthy Frank Thomas, and the Jermaine Dye of last year.  The remarkable thing is...both of these are attainable with a little luck (and maybe a good swift kick in the bum), and without having to give up McCarthy.

On the other hand...some middle relief wouldn't be a bad thing (I hear this Bajenaru guy can be had pretty cheaply?)

I don't think Fielder is going to play much at the major league level with the Brewers. Fielder will likely be dealt in a deal to gain another sort of prospect or maybe to add a more talented major league player (when the Brewers feel it necessary to add one more talented player). Fielder is just too much of an AL guy (ie a DH).