Our manager is clueless with the bullpen

aboz56

QUOTE(YahtzeeSox @ Jun 1, 2005 -> 08:18 PM)
This isn't a learning thing for Ozzie.

You don't learn that you don't put in Walker with a 1 run lead. You don't learn that you don't take him out when he is having ZERO control and has 1st and 2nd or 3rd and no outs.

That is common sense! Everyone on this message board is saying the same thing: Walker shouldn't have started the inning, or Walker should have been pulled when he let the first two guys get on base. If everyone on this message board is saying, why can';t it be common sense for Ozzie too???

Ozzie is just a complete and udder moron, and it's that simple. Kenny needs the perfect bullpen for Ozzie not to f*** us over like this.

If we win today, that's what... all 3 games this series we would have won despite our manager handing the other team runs???

++

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Soxnbears01 @ Jun 1, 2005 -> 09:24 PM)
i still can't get over this kevin walker decision......there's no possible reason for it.

There's no way to get over it, it was completely stupid.

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 01:21 AM)
Title says it all.

He's been unbearable this week.  Complete garbage.

Be careful, he might verbally attack you like he did to Jeff Brantley. It's getting to the point where I hate our manager on and off the field. I used to think I would never hate a manager more than Dusty....but Ozzie is about to pass him up.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 11:26 AM)
Be careful, he might verbally attack you like he did to Jeff Brantley.  It's getting to the point where I hate our manager on and off the field.  I used to think I would never hate a manager more than Dusty....but Ozzie is about to pass him up.

Would you rather have the Cubs bullpen or ours?

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 1, 2005 -> 08:26 PM)
Be careful, he might verbally attack you like he did to Jeff Brantley.  It's getting to the point where I hate our manager on and off the field.  I used to think I would never hate a manager more than Dusty....but Ozzie is about to pass him up.

Sad.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 1, 2005 -> 07:26 PM)

If Ozzie pulls the "I'm the manager, go ahead and criticize" me line after the ballgame, I'm gonna snap.

Attention Ozzie Guillen: YOU f***ED UP BIG TIME THIS WEEK.

Let that sink in greenhorn. You, yes, you, are costing this team W's.

QUOTE(Mr. Showtime @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 01:27 AM)
Sad.

Yes, it's sad that in the professional sport that is dictated the most by the coach/manager, we have a f***ing moron leading our team. Not only that, he's become a massive asshole off the field. Ozzie is becoming everything I used to hate about Dusty and the Cubs, where they had the "us against the world" philosophy.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 01:30 AM)
So you'd rather have the likes of Joe Borowski and Ryan Dempster over Dustin Hermanson and Cliff Politte?

No, but the set of relievers as a whole. If you haven't noticed, the Cubs bullpen has been lights out lately. Our bullpen continues to blow game after game. Hermanson has been great of course....yet Ozzie doesn't use him.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 11:32 AM)
No, but the set of relievers as a whole.  If you haven't noticed, the Cubs bullpen has been lights out lately.  Our bullpen continues to blow game after game.  Hermanson has been great of course....yet Ozzie doesn't use him.

Lately, don't forget the season as a whole now.

Michael Wuertz - 4.01 ERA

Mike Remlinger - 4.97 ERA

Ryan Dempster - 4.95 ERA

As a WHOLE, Cubs relievers have won 11 games and lost 14.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Jun 1, 2005 -> 08:36 PM)
Lately, don't forget the season as a whole now.

Michael Wuertz - 4.01 ERA

Mike Remlinger - 4.97 ERA

Ryan Dempster - 4.95 ERA

As a WHOLE, Cubs relievers have won 11 games and lost 14.

And you can throw in all of the fire jobs that Hawkins did as well.