Our manager is clueless with the bullpen

aboz56

QUOTE(sox-r-us @ Jun 1, 2005 -> 10:05 PM)
If we had got Politte, Marte and Hermy in the 7th, 8th and 9th, we would have won this with 6 runs on the board

Bad managing, no doubt there

Yeah because Politte would have been flawless pitching a third straight day, Marte hasn't struggled at all lately, and Hermanson is soooo much different when he's pitching from behind.

Shut the hell up and deal with reality.

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Spiff @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 02:07 AM)
Yeah because Politte would have been flawless pitching a third straight day, Marte hasn't struggled at all lately, and Hermanson is soooo much different when he's pitching from behind.

Shut the hell up and deal with reality.

Well, good thing you're not managing us then. :)

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 1, 2005 -> 10:11 PM)
Well, good thing you're not managing us then. :)

I could say the same for you and just about everyone else in this thread who thinks they know everything about not only what is happening, but also what will happen and what should have happened.

QUOTE(Spiff @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 02:25 AM)
I could say the same for you and just about everyone else in this thread who thinks they know everything about not only what is happening, but also what will happen and what should have happened.

The biggest problem I have is that everyone in the world knew that Timo shouldnt be at 1b, and that Walker should have never been brought in. That's not just bad luck for Ozzie....that's bad managing.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 1, 2005 -> 09:26 PM)
The biggest problem I have is that everyone in the world knew that Timo shouldnt be at 1b, and that Walker should have never been brought in.  That's not just bad luck for Ozzie....that's bad managing.

its not even bad managing.

it's bad "being a human being with a brain"

Why the HELL was Kevin Walker put in a 1 run ballgame? That was about the dumbest move that could have been made. Shingo, Marte, and/or Cotts HAD to be available, and one should have been used. Before anyone asks, I would definitely want to see Cotts in there ahead of Walker. At least Cotts has pitched this year.

the only reason for these moves is to give some of the guys in the pen two days off in a row. Marte needed a day off. Maybe Cliff, too.

Giving those two guys some time might pay off later in the season.

But ... Shingo or Cotts should have gone in first, then Hermy.

The problem is that Kevin Walker is not a major league pitcher and that he should not be on the roster. He shouldn't be around to be put in.

And Timo is not a major-league first baseman.

Send Walker and Timo to Charlotte.

Bring back Gload.

And think about Bajenaru for somebody.

Hell, with all the criticism with how Ozzie used the bullpen tonight....at least he used pitchers in pitching situations. By far, the worst decision Ozzie made tonight was playing Timo at 1b. Contreras likely could have easily gone 7 innings, and got to our strong bullpen pitchers, if not for Timo's error. There's no f***ing excuse in the world for Timo to be playing 1b.

QUOTE(winninguglyin83 @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 02:45 AM)
things could be worse folks.

The Yankees have lost two straight to Kansas City.

Carrasco beats Randy Johnson.

Perspective, everybody

I'd rather lose because we got out-pitched or out-hit anyday instead of losing because decisions made by our manager. I wonder if Hawk will chalk up this game as one of the 42 you lose no matter what each year?

QUOTE(ScottPodRulez22 @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 02:46 AM)
we did just take 4/7 games agaist the angels if this was other years then we probaly would have lost 6 maybe even all 7

And they were missing Vlad and K-Rod (besides tonight). This Angels team without Vlad is nothing special.