Our manager is clueless with the bullpen

aboz56

QUOTE(winninguglyin83 @ Jun 1, 2005 -> 11:01 PM)
killing him for using Walker and Perez.

And they just announced that Walker is on his way to Charlotte -- officially.

I think they gave him bus fare.

Hopefully they get a flat tire on the way there.

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok, but how many of you have been b****ing for three weeks that PK needed a day off.  Who do you put in there?

Granted, Timo wouldn't be my fist choice, but I also think that Ozzie is putting these guys in situations to see what they do in the long term.

As for Walker, that was a dips*** move too, but at the same time, you have to see what the kid does.  Maybe not for now, but certainly for later.

I'm NOT defending Oz, but there can be explanations on the other side of things.

Konerko doesn't get a day off until we have a true backup 1st baseman, named Gload, that is healthy.

Edited by Jabroni

QUOTE(ottawa_sox @ Jun 1, 2005 -> 09:58 PM)
Right on. On the one hand everyone is pointing out our bullpen sucks and on the other they are wondering why our only effective 2 or 3 pithers can't pitch every night.  I cringed when Walker came out, but the season is long, it was the 7th and we didn't have Marte, Cotts and Politte available.  Somebody has to pitch, so he brings in the unknwon lefty.  It didn't surprise me that he got rocked, but the Sox seem a little thin at the moment with the bullpen.  I'm sure that  Ozzie would wave his magic wand and replace Walker and Viz with effective relievers if he could. Perhaps a tiny bit of hat tipping could go to the Angels at the moment as well.  Like Texas, they seem to be attaining their hitting eye. Too bad Uribe was a hair out front, or we would of had our greatest ending in a season of great endings.

Marte has pitched three and two thirds of an inning in the past two weeks. Ya he couldn't go.

Politte has pitched two and two thirds of an inning in the last twelve days.

Cotts has enough endurance to go more than three innings in a week no?

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Jun 1, 2005 -> 08:58 PM)
WHo should have gone?

I hated Walker going too but.

Marte, Cotts, Politte have all been worked.

Hermanson can't go in the 7th.

Viz sucks.

Marte hasn't thrown many pitches at all the past 3 games. I also thought the reason we brought in Hermy was to be a setup/long relief guy. He should be able to pitch more than 1 inning. That's just my opinion. I see where you're coming from though.

I would have gone with Vizcaino to start the 7th. He's not that bad against lefties, and he's someone that has at least pitched within the last decade. Not only that, but at least Vizcaino has the chance to strike out a hitter. I can't believe the s*** that Walker was throwing up to the plate.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 03:02 AM)
Konerko doesn't get a day off until we have a true backup 1st baseman, named Gload, is healthy.

You all can't have it both ways. Most of you have been b****ing about it for weeks, as I said earlier.

Jabroni, I agree, Gload coming back then PK having the day off would have been ideal.

But I also think that PK was given tonight off so he would have two full days away.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 03:02 AM)
And there you have your answer as to why he went out tonight.

What? Are you serious? Why do we owe it to Walker to pitch him in a close game? I didn't know this was Little League where everyone should deserve to play. Are you Ozzie Guillen's publicist?

Playing Timo at 1B tonight was the biggest joke of all time. His error not only cost the team 2 runs, it ran up Contreras' pitch count significantly. How you put in a mop-up guy in a 1 run game is ridiculous. Get over the lefty/lefty matchups. If the pitcher sucks, that doesn't matter. Its almost as if Ozzie is seeing what he can get away with now.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 1, 2005 -> 11:04 PM)
What?  Are you serious?  Why do we owe it to Walker to pitch him in a close game?  I didn't know this was Little League where everyone should deserve to play.  Are you Ozzie Guillen's publicist?

:lolhitting :lolhitting :lolhitting

This is going to be a thread of the year nominee, I can feel it already.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Jun 1, 2005 -> 10:03 PM)
Marte hasn't thrown many pitches at all the past 3 games. I also thought the reason we brought in Hermy was to be a setup/long relief guy. He should be able to pitch more than 1 inning. That's just my opinion. I see where you're coming from though.

Yeah, I'm not saying bringing in Walker was a good thing but I can see why it was done.

QUOTE(qwerty @ Jun 1, 2005 -> 10:03 PM)
Marte has pitched three and two thirds of an inning in the past two weeks. Ya he couldn't go.

Politte has pitched two and two thirds of an inning in the last twelve days.

Cotts has enough endurance to go more than three innings in a week no?

Yesterday politte threw 1 pitch and got a double play so technically he has only pitched 2 innings

You all can't have it both ways.  Most of you have been b****ing about it for weeks, as I said earlier.

Jabroni, I agree, Gload coming back then PK having the day off would have been ideal.

But I also think that PK was given tonight off so he would have two full days away.

You can't have it both ways? THAT WAS TIMO f***ING PEREZ'S FIRST CAREER START IN THE MLB AT 1ST BASE!!!

QUOTE(winninguglyin83 @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 03:04 AM)
They're saying that Timo and Uribe are neighbors in the Dominican.

Might be one reason why he is around.

Gotta believe Sanders or Josh Stewart or Corwin Malone would be better than Walker.

It's true that Timo is basically Uribe's intepreter. Uribe supposedly speaks his own language.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Jun 1, 2005 -> 10:05 PM)
Yeah, I'm not saying bringing in Walker was a good thing but I can see why it was done.

In your defense, if Scoscia didn't put on the hit and run, Walker would've had the double play. Or at least it would be very close.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Jun 1, 2005 -> 09:56 PM)
You sound like Dusty Baker.

All of those pitchers that threw three and four hundred innings a year along with 200+ pitches a game have had alot of problems. Players get injured as much now than ever. The only difference is they heal much faster due to better technology.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 03:05 AM)
You can't have it both ways?  THAT WAS TIMO f***ING PEREZ'S FIRST CAREER START IN THE MLB AT 1ST BASE!!!

And it cost us 2 runs, maybe 3 specifically. Also, because of Timo's defense, he likely cost us from having Contreras pitch the 7th inning. How anyone can defend using Timo as the 1b replacement simply shocks me.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 1, 2005 -> 11:06 PM)
It's true that Timo is basically Uribe's intepreter.  Uribe supposedly speaks his own language.

Time to hire someone else and get Timo outta here.

Didn't they send someone over with him in the Miles trade to interpret? :D

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 1, 2005 -> 09:07 PM)
And it cost us 2 runs, maybe 3 specifically.  Also, because of Timo's defense, he likely cost us from having Contreras pitch the 7th inning.  How anyone can defend using Timo as the 1b replacement simply shocks me.

Timo's error added 22 pitches to Contreras' pitch count.

All of those pitchers that threw three and four hundred innings a year along with 200+ pitches a game have had alot of problems. Players get injured as much now than ever. The only difference is they heal much faster due to better technology.

Goddamit. These Ozzie apologists are going to make me puke. Once I saw Walker coming into the game, I said to my girlfriend, "Oh s***." I'm not an MLB manager but even I knew that trouble was brewing once Walk-er was put into the game.

Edited by Jabroni

BTW, attendace was piss poor for a Wednesday Night Game in June. And save the school thing, because I just barely started school today again and it doesn't take out much time from your schedule. I know today was the last day for many private high schools and most people are in summer break in college(I'm personally taking summer classes). Even Jesse White spoke on this on Chicago Tribune Live how it's amazing that White Sox don't show up to games even though they are much farther ahead than the Cubs. Where's the support at home???

Edited by nitetrain8601