Eric Chavez quote...

redandwhite

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(EvilJester99 @ Jun 3, 2005 -> 09:44 AM)
ESPN 1000 just reported Billy Beane said he doesn't intend to trade Chavez to anyone...if you can believe that.

Surprising to me, usually when players are going to be traded, the GM likes to be vocal about it, so that everyone knows that he wants to get rid of the player and they can basically offer anything for him. Also they tend to do this because it usually improves the morale of the player in case he doesnt get dealt, because he wants to play harder when the team doesnt want him. I see this as a bad sign if he says they wont trade him. :bang

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jun 3, 2005 -> 09:49 AM)
Surprising to me, usually when players are going to be traded, the GM likes to be vocal about it, so that everyone knows that he wants to get rid of the player and they can basically offer anything for him.  Also they tend to do this because it usually improves the morale of the player in case he doesnt get dealt, because he wants to play harder when the team doesnt want him.  I see this as a bad sign if he says they wont trade him.  :bang

I don't because now BB can try and drive up the asking price for him. If he says he wants to trade him then his value suffers...IMO

ESPN 1000 just reported Billy Beane said he doesn't intend to trade Chavez to anyone...if you can believe that.

He either could be telling the truth or he could be saying that to increase his trade value. If every team knows that Chavez is readily available, they won't want to give up as much for him. In any case, either Cruddy starts performing or we will have to make a move for a 3rd baseman.

QUOTE(EvilJester99 @ Jun 3, 2005 -> 09:51 AM)
I don't because now BB can try and drive up the asking price for him. If he says he wants to trade him then his value suffers...IMO

It appears that the sarcasm flew directly over your head.

QUOTE(southsider17 @ Jun 3, 2005 -> 10:11 AM)
I say Randa would be a better deal.  He'd cost alot less and is also an improvement over Crede, defensively (similar FLD% but much better range) and offensively (similar power numbers but much better BA and OBP).

Everyone keeps bringing up Randa but the guy seems very happy in Cincy and is making $2.15 M. It'll take some talent to get this guy and I just don't think it's worth it.

QUOTE(EvilJester99 @ Jun 3, 2005 -> 09:51 AM)

That was the whole point of my post, it was sarcastic, I thought the smiley with the hammer was enough to show that.

I just wanted to post some nonsense because I havent been apart of any of these Chavez threads.....seriously though some of you guys are creamin your pants thinking about this....its a little pathetic

Edited by DABearSoX

QUOTE(DABearSoX @ Jun 3, 2005 -> 10:39 AM)
I just wanted to post some nonsense because I havent been apart of any of these Chavez threads.....seriously though some of you guys are creamin your pants thinking about this....its a little pathetic

mostly thinking and rubbing I guess :bang