Eric Chavez quote...

redandwhite

http://oakland.athletics.mlb.com/NASApp/ml...t=.jsp&c_id=oak

Third baseman Eric Chavez laughed when told of a published rumor that had him headed to Chicago in a trade for White Sox third baseman Joe Crede and prospects. The report also characterized Chavez as eager to leave the A's. "Wrong and wrong," Chavez said. "I heard that same rumor a couple of weeks ago. Where do people come up with that [stuff]? I'm fine right where I am."

Sorry to burst your bubble, but there you go...

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Jun 3, 2005 -> 12:39 AM)
http://oakland.athletics.mlb.com/NASApp/ml...t=.jsp&c_id=oak

Sorry to burst your bubble, but there you go...

Not that I'd expect him to say anything different.

Too bad we'll have to endure endless speculation for atleast another month. Knowing Beane, he'll wait as long as possible to unload players to maximize their value. We're not getting him under Williams' typical strike-early model unless he overwhelms Beane.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

Third baseman Eric Chavez laughed when told of a published rumor that had him headed to Chicago in a trade for White Sox third baseman Joe Crede and prospects. The report also characterized Chavez as eager to leave the A's. "Wrong and wrong," Chavez said. "I heard that same rumor a couple of weeks ago. Where do people come up with that [stuff]? I'm fine right where I am."

This is a recording...this is a recording...this is a recording...

QUOTE(go-sox05 @ Jun 3, 2005 -> 08:23 AM)
why would we give up prospects and Crede for a guy batting .225 w/ 5 home runs. s*** even Crede has better numbers than that.

see the thread from yesterday, read it, if you still have an argument get back to us, thankss

QUOTE(GreatScott82 @ Jun 3, 2005 -> 09:18 AM)
The latest Score report said that Billy Beane said he is not trading Chavez. He also said that Chavez doesn't want to play for Chicago anyways. I'm not sure what to think of this....

He's lying too. He's just trying to get more out of the White Sox for him.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jun 3, 2005 -> 08:49 AM)
No he's lying, but an unsubstantiated rumor which even the writer referred to it as, is gospel. Get over it people. Eric Chavez isn't coming to the White Sox.

Get over what? We can still hope. KW pulled off Wells, Garcia, and Alomar/Everett I. He gets what he needs.

QUOTE(knightni @ Jun 3, 2005 -> 10:24 AM)
So, it's not .. "more cowbell"?

We don't need more Chavez threads and surprisingly we don't need more cowbell. What we really need is more attendance threads. It's been a while since I've last seen one, I think it's about time for someone to make one.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 3, 2005 -> 09:30 AM)
We don't need more Chavez threads and surprisingly we don't need more cowbell. What we really need is more attendance threads. It's been a while since I've last seen one, I think it's about time for someone to make one.

:lolhitting :lolhitting :lolhitting

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jun 3, 2005 -> 09:32 AM)
He already has a good fielding .220 hitter playing 3rd base.

Not one that will be .280 with 30 and 90 by the end of the year because he's a second half hitter.

And what are those four things Crede doesnt have? Hm...uh...oh yeah, Gold Gloves.