Notes: Harris' days numbered?

greasywheels121

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Jun 4, 2005 -> 11:34 PM)
A perfect trade for us would be Willie and prospect(s) for Randa and Mercker, except for Mercker's clubhouse crap with the Flubs last season.

How can you not have problems in that clubhouse?? :huh

How can you not have problems in that clubhouse?? :huh

Well, Mercker's b****ing at Steve Stone and Chip Carey was pretty lame. But here are the contract details for each of them...

Joe Randa

2005: $2.15 million

Kent Mercker

2005: $1.25 million

2006: $1.35 million

They are both doing very well with the Reds and their cheap contracts would make them great trade targets. We would fill both of our holes (3rd base and lefty reliever) and solidify our team. That would be worth Willie and a prospect or two in my opinion.

Edited by Jabroni

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Jun 4, 2005 -> 11:39 PM)
Well, Mercker's b****ing at Steve Stone and Chip Carey was pretty lame.  But here are the contract details for each of them...

Joe Randa

2005:  $2.15 million

Kent Mercker

2005:  $1.25 million

2006:  $1.35 million

They are both doing very well with the Reds and their cheap contracts would make them great trade targets.  We would fill both of our holes (3rd base and lefty reliever) and solidify our team.  That would be worth Willie and a prospect in my opinion.

I agree with you. :o :P

id rather have freel.

Of course, but the Reds aren't going to trade a cheaper, younger Freel. He's the guy they would want to keep.

I agree with you.  :o  :P

Randa + Mercker is my trade deadline prediction. Good production at a cheap price, in the way of prospects and added salary.

Edited by Jabroni

id rather have freel, and if they are calling it a season i would rather trade prospects i really like willy(trade timo, shinjo, viz, and cash over willie)

Keep willie if it is possible at all.

Once again, I'd rather have Freel as well but why would the Reds trade him? He's cheap and good. They would want to dump the older Randa and keep Freel. And Timo has no trade value whatsoever. At least keep the trade scenarios reasonable man. Willie is the one guy we have that is a tradeable commodity other than our prospects. Do you really think there are teams out there that want our scrubs (Timo, Shingo, Vizcaino)? :lol:

Edited by Jabroni

i believe the reds gm said they would trade anyone, and that noone is untouchable.  getting him might be a lot more possible than u guys think.

Common sense would say that the Reds would trade the guy that's on a 1-year contract and performing well. Freel is under their control for 2 more years and he will be making nothing. They would trade Randa before Freel.

Edited by Jabroni

Id much rather have freel then chavez he is easy to get and not as expensive.

Dammit. Why would the Reds want to trade Freel? Why would they trade the guy that is dirt cheap and produces well for them? They wouldn't; they would want to trade Randa who is on a 1-year deal.

QUOTE(doUrememberwhen @ Jun 4, 2005 -> 11:55 PM)
i believe the reds gm said they would trade anyone, and that noone is untouchable.  getting him might be a lot more possible than u guys think.

That's what i heard, BUT is was from the EXPERTS on baseball tonight.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jun 5, 2005 -> 05:33 AM)
You're gonna blame Timo for being thrown into a position he's never played before, cmon now, the same thing happened to Ross last year too.  Oh yeah and if it wasn't for Timo we might have lost 2 of 3 to Anaheim.

Timo doesn't get that AB if not for Harris' walk.

There's no reason -- none -- for keeping T.I.M.O over Harris.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jun 5, 2005 -> 12:33 AM)
You're gonna blame Timo for being thrown into a position he's never played before,

Assuming you are just talking about his stint in the MLB and discounting his stint in Japan.

Personally, I think Ozzie is keeping Timo because Timo reminds Ozzie of Ozzie.

Not so fast and no plate discipline along with being left handed

Atleast Ozzie gave us good defense

Man, this is f***ed up. The Sox should slurp on Timo some more.

Let's trade for Ken Griffey Jr. Put Dye at first, get rid of Konerko and we have a set OF and 1B. Dye has actually been looking like the Dye we thought we were getting except with that knee, he can't get to that many balls. Also, when KGJ goes down, you have Everett there to play for him so it all fits well.

Let's trade for Ken Griffey Jr. Put Dye at first, get rid of Konerko and we have a set OF and 1B. Dye has actually been looking like the Dye we thought we were getting except with that knee, he can't get to that many balls. Also, when KGJ goes down, you have Everett there to play for him so it all fits well.

Ken Griffey? He's WAAAYYY overpaid and his career is winding down. Look at Griffey's unimpressive stats. In other words, he isn't worth it. I'd rather dump Konerko, keep Frank, and go after a good 3rd baseman. I do like the idea of making Dye learn 1st base in the offseason and starting Brian Anderson in right field. We would save money that could then be spent on a good 3rd baseman.

Edited by Jabroni

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Jun 5, 2005 -> 05:41 PM)

You got $50 million to give JR for 100 days of service a year from Mr. Griffey Jr.?