Notes: Harris' days numbered?

greasywheels121

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Beastly @ Jun 4, 2005 -> 06:59 PM)
I can't stand Harris. He looks like he's going to whiff whenever he comes up to the plate. I see no threat when he's batting. Thats why I'm glad we got Iguchi, because I don't like seeing that piece of s*** Harris on the field.

So you are saying timo> willie?

Go home.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jun 5, 2005 -> 12:00 AM)
This is f***ing ridiculous.  I can't believe anybody would want Timo over Willie, but what would I know...Willie's only better.

Nobody said Willie doesn't have value or isn't "better" than Timo. They serve different roles. Timo is more clutch off the bench than Harris, but Harris provides more versatility. The point is, Harris probably has his days numbered on our club. The fact that you choose to ignore this is f***ing ridiculous.

QUOTE(Beastly @ Jun 4, 2005 -> 07:03 PM)
Again. I said he LOOKS like it. Thats from me, on a personal note. I didn't say he did

Your personal note is what i would consider... wrong.

Edited by qwerty

QUOTE(qwerty @ Jun 4, 2005 -> 11:59 PM)
Gload>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>timo.

Gload was on the DL, I have no problem having Gload as the first left handed option off the bench. Doesn't necessarily mean I would have Harris over Timo. The situation would have to dictate.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Jun 4, 2005 -> 06:05 PM)
:lol:

Wow, real mature. Real f***ing mature. I don't need this s***, I'm not sitting on this message board and being a bum and staying home...have a good night staring at soxtalk.com :D

Harris = fast

Perez = not fast

Harris = Good D

Perez = not good D

Harris = Young

Perez = Older

Harris = More Walks, Fewer Ks

Perez = The opposite

Harris = Can play the infield

Perez = The Man With The Iron Glove

Harris = Higher BA

Perez = Under .200

Anyone else wanna add to this?

Edited by knightni

QUOTE(Beastly @ Jun 4, 2005 -> 03:48 PM)
He

The Sox fear Gload's shoulder injury will prevent him from playing the outfield for the time being.

dye/evertt/harris/arow/pods can all play of there is no need for timo even if gload cant play of

Edited by soxfan420

QUOTE(Beastly @ Jun 4, 2005 -> 07:07 PM)
Wow, real mature. Real f***ing mature. I don't need this s***, I'm not sitting on this message board and being a bum and staying home...have a good night staring at soxtalk.com :D

:o

Big man.

QUOTE(Beastly @ Jun 4, 2005 -> 08:07 PM)

(out of room) (room door)

Waaa!! Mommeee!!! They were making fun of me online!!!!

QUOTE(SEALgep @ Jun 4, 2005 -> 06:56 PM)
How many of those cost us the game?

I seem to remember him playing first base the other day.

I believe he made the last fricken out of the game 3 times in one week. None of them were blow outs.

QUOTE(SEALgep @ Jun 4, 2005 -> 06:58 PM)
Why?

Cuz Timo brings nothing to the table except some sort of Cosmic ability to be in the batters box in more key situations than he should?

How many game winning shots do you remember Michael Jordan missing? Probably none. You just erase those from your memory. It's just human nature. I assure you that Jordan missed his fair share of game winners. In fact, I'd be willing to bet he was much closer to his normal FG% in that situation than you think....Timo is not clutch; he's memorable. There's a difference.

The only asset that Timo brings to the table that somebody else on the bench doesn't do better than him is his outfield arm. Those 3-4 runs that he saved last year with his arm aren't worth the prodigious # of outs he makes.

Somehow Timo gets credit for having the game winning hit the other day, but Willie gets no love for finding a way to bring the tying run to the plate... Would you have wanted Timo leading off the bottom of the ninth down two runs? I wouldn't. He can't get on base with any regularity.

Sending down Willie while keeping Timo is just dumb.

With Frank back, we already have enough trouble getting Carl, who also plays outfield. his AB's. Timo is now useless.

Willie is fast, has a high OBP, plays great defense at 2b, backs up at SS and is young and improving. Timo is none of those.

Willie plays outfield just as well as Timo, but Timo can't play infield. Ozuna plays all of Timo's positions as well as Timo (if not better) plus he plays all IF positions.

OHHH-EEEH-OHHH, Timo must go!

The reason they are keeping Timo over Harris is that Timo can play the OF and 1B

I know, it still does not make much sense since now Gload can man 1B back up duty and Everett is already there for OF back up duty

Harris would be better served being up here as he can back up both 2B and SS

Ozuna can back up all IF spots except 1B

QUOTE(knightni @ Jun 5, 2005 -> 12:07 AM)
Harris = fast

Perez = not fast

Harris = Good D

Perez = not good D

Harris = Young

Perez = Older

Harris = More Walks, Fewer Ks

Perez = The opposite

Harris = Can play the infield

Perez = The Man With The Iron Glove

Harris = Higher BA

Perez = Under .200

Anyone else wanna add to this?

Timo = Latino

Harris not = Latino

Believe me, that matters with Ozzie. Just look at our roster.