06/05/05 Game Thread vs. Cleveland

aboz56

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(sox-r-us @ Jun 5, 2005 -> 12:52 AM)
You better not EVER complain about attendance since you are prioritizing your freaking graduation over a Sox game

:D

I know you were being sarcastic but trust me I want to be at the game not at the f***in graduation, unfortunately my parents love this bulls***.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jun 5, 2005 -> 07:42 AM)
I know you were being sarcastic but trust me I want to be at the game not at the f***in graduation, unfortunately my parents love this bulls***.

Dude

Games will come and go. Graduations are only so many. You should go to the graduation. Life is too short....enjoy your sucess. Congrats. What are you graduating with? And what do you plan to do with the degree? :drink

QUOTE(sox-r-us @ Jun 5, 2005 -> 01:49 AM)
Dude

Games will come and go. Graduations are only so many. You should go to the graduation. Life is too short....enjoy your sucess. Congrats. What are you graduating with? And what do you plan to do with the degree?  :drink

I appreciate man, but it's a high school graduation, basically making it pointless imo and a waste of time, and cause me to miss the game. :crying

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jun 5, 2005 -> 05:52 PM)
I appreciate man, but it's a high school graduation, basically making it pointless imo and a waste of time, and cause me to miss the game. :crying

Just make sure you sit next to the closest hot chick possible (like I did (and no it wasn't my sister whiteoxin')). ;) :wub:

QUOTE(Dam8610 @ Jun 5, 2005 -> 07:22 AM)
Stats point to a 2-1 win!

Actually the stats point to us losing, although I'm still hopeful, hopefully we can finally sweep these f***ers.

Cleveland will send ace C.C. Sabathia to the mound. The 24-year-old left-hander has never lost at U.S. Cellular Field, going 5-0 with a 2.21 ERA in five career starts.

Sabathia is 8-2 with a 4.16 ERA in 12 starts against the White Sox.

Guest JimH

Congratulations on your graduation (I presume it's your own). Your parents will take a lot of pictures and you will value them later in life, so will your kids.

QUOTE(JimH @ Jun 5, 2005 -> 11:47 PM)
Congratulations on your graduation (I presume it's your own).  Your parents will take a lot of pictures and you will value them later in life, so will your kids.

^^ that. You only get 1 chance to experience these things so make the most of em. In one of my grad dinner photos with my folks, my Dad looks so out of it, quite hilarious really. No more wearing a school blazer and tie though.

QUOTE(Dam8610 @ Jun 5, 2005 -> 04:36 AM)
Why the hell wouldn't Pods start tommorrow? We need the sparkplug of the offense against a tough lefty like Sabathia.

I agree Pods should start Sunday against CC because we need this sweep with the Twins playing the Yanks it is a good chance to pick up a game, plus I think the Sox face a lefty on Wensday against Colorado that would be a good day to get Pods a rest with an off day Thursday.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Jun 5, 2005 -> 09:49 AM)
Rowand should be batting ahead of Carl, no ifs ands or buts about it.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. I may have mis-heard. Perhaps Rowand is batting above Carl.

Regardless, that's a good look at what today's lineup will be.

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Jun 5, 2005 -> 10:51 AM)
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.  I may have mis-heard.  Perhaps Rowand is batting above Carl. 

Regardless, that's a good look at what today's lineup will be.

Nah, Ozzie could very well have put Carl ahead of Rowand, but that's stupid IMO

QUOTE(jerseysox @ Jun 5, 2005 -> 11:55 AM)
My bold prediction:

If the Sox win today, they will be six games up on the Twins on Tuesday morning. Book it.

So you're saying that the Twins will lose today to the Yankees and the Sox will win tomorrow in the first game of the series in Colorado. Not so bold.

I answered your Canadian question.

according to 670 ozuna will play at third and lead off. So here's my projected lineup...

ozuna

iguchi

thomas

konerko

rowand

dye

everett

widger

uribe

rowand and dye are picking it up so thats why i put everett number 7. widger will catch buerhle today. Lets sweep these Indians! :gosox1: