Sox @ Rockies Game Thread (6-7-05)

kman

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(sox-r-us @ Jun 7, 2005 -> 01:32 AM)
We should be on track to win the first two games of the series. The question is what will Ozzie do then to screw up the 3rd game?

Yeah really...well, we have thursday off...so he'd better rest everyone so they get 2 days off in a row.

Kim is horrible...they should crush this f***!

QUOTE(kman @ Jun 7, 2005 -> 08:29 AM)
yes hopefuly b.k kim will get lit up today, but our hitters seem to be dominated by unfamiliar faces.

Didnt the Sox face Kim once or twice when he was in the Boston rotation?

Byung-Hyun Kim this year:

2 starts, 19 total appearances. 30.2 IP. 31 hits, 24ER, 25BB, 25K. Opponents are batting .231 against him in Colorado.

1 home start (May 11th vs. Atlanta), 1 away start (@ Cubbies).

Home start: 5IP, 3 hits, 1ER, 1HR, 4BB, 5K. No decision, but Colorado won the game 6-5.

Take it FWIW.

QUOTE(Finkelstein @ Jun 7, 2005 -> 08:25 AM)
If we win today, I predict Timo gets the ball in game 3. :gosox1:

LOL. I heard he featured a nasty curveball in Japan. When he wasnt playing first base.

If Contreras doesn't fall in love with his splitter, we should slug this one out.

I'm thinking W.

EDIT: Damnit, I just realized we are back to 19 games over .500. Let's finally get to 20 boys, c'mon!

Edited by AddisonStSox

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Jun 7, 2005 -> 11:14 AM)
If Contreras doesn't fall in love with his splitter, we should slug this one out.

I'm thinking W.

EDIT: Damnit, I just realized we are back to 19 games over .500.  Let's finally get to 20 boys, c'mon!

I'd love for us to finally get 20 over .500 tonight, and then leave Colorado with 40 wins on the season.

No excuse not to light up Byun Hyun Kyun or whatever his f***ing name is. Hopefully the bats continue to stay hot from last night. Wonder if Carl will be playing.

Ozzie Guillen seems more worried about Frank Thomas not playing for a week than Thomas is. Guillen has fretted over how to use Thomas with the Sox playing in National League parks until Sunday. He said using Thomas in the field is a possibility.

:gosox1: :gosox2: :gosox3: :gosox4: :gosoxretro:

QUOTE(robinventura23 @ Jun 7, 2005 -> 10:35 AM)
Ozzie Guillen seems more worried about Frank Thomas not playing for a week than Thomas is. Guillen has fretted over how to use Thomas with the Sox playing in National League parks until Sunday. He said using Thomas in the field is a possibility.

Maybe he should of pinch hit Frank last night instead of his Fluffer. Doublespeak from Ozzie. he wants AB's for Frank but in the first instance he can pinch hit he puts his girlfriend in the game. He will have at least 1 AB a night to pinch hit Frank to keep him going. As long as Ozze keeps it in his pants and doesnt worry about his girlfriend getting upset.

If Timo was big and red.....

southpark2.jpg

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Jun 7, 2005 -> 09:14 AM)

I'm thinking W.

EDIT: Damnit, I just realized we are back to 19 games over .500.  Let's finally get to 20 boys, c'mon!

Last night it seemed like the Rockies were swinging at anything. I'm hoping they keep that up tonight. With as much as that splitter moves around...if they're swinging at it, they're in deep trouble.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jun 7, 2005 -> 12:56 PM)
Last night it seemed like the Rockies were swinging at anything.  I'm hoping they keep that up tonight.  With as much as that splitter moves around...if they're swinging at it, they're in deep trouble.

they were, and they dont have barmes which hurts them and miles, plus contreras has a low batting average against him, should be tougher matchup for the rox

Yet another chance for the Sox to go to 20 games over .500 on the year. Hopefully, our guys will finally get it done.

damn, you all are cynical. we've been in first place since day 1, enjoy it. that being said i of course believe we will easily win the division, the twins will slump soon. the point of this post? ive forgotten because im blazed.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jun 7, 2005 -> 10:57 AM)
Maybe he should of pinch hit Frank last night instead of his Fluffer.  Doublespeak from Ozzie.  he wants AB's for Frank but in the first instance he can pinch hit he puts his girlfriend in the game.  He will have at least 1 AB a night to pinch hit Frank to keep him going.  As long as Ozze keeps it in his pants and doesnt worry about his girlfriend getting upset.

If Timo was big and red.....

southpark2.jpg

I was thinking the same thing last night!

No excuse not to light up Byun Hyun Kyun or whatever his f***ing name is.  Hopefully the bats continue to stay hot from last night.  Wonder if Carl will be playing.

:gosox1:  :gosox2:  :gosox3:  :gosox4:  :gosoxretro:

nah, he wont play frank, cause franks ankle is still shaky and the rockies blow a fat dick this year. and if its true that frank isnt concerned about PT, and i assume it is, i dont see why he wont sit. you just got to remember that the rockies are the worst team in the league this year, even worse than the royals. frank is in good shape, i could tell from the games the other day he played in, he just cant play the feild yet cause that lateral movement might f*** him up again. ozzie'l wait til the next series, my money says.